PDA

View Full Version : Bench Press Problem

E-train
05-14-2007, 09:21 AM
I've been lurking on the site for awhile trying to pick things up. I've fixed my bench form (pinching my shoulder blades and elbows in) and my bench as gone from 345 to 375 in just a couple weeks. However the first time my left rotator cuff was absolutely killing me so I layed off a week and its 100% again. After another day of heavy bench my right rotator cuff is killing me. The first time I didn't think anything of it but now I realize this is exploiting a weakness in my rotator cuffs. What are some ways/exercises I can fix this, its killing me not to do press movements.

Sensei
05-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Where and when does it hurt?

E-train
05-14-2007, 02:54 PM
in my shoulders with any rotating movement (throwing etc.), also anything with my arm above shoulder level. Also the day after is when it hurts and its taken a week each time for it to stop hurting. I haven't done any pressing movements since my right one did the same thing. I find it strange they didn't hurt at the same time...

RhodeHouse
05-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Ice and anti-inflammatories. Make sure to work your shoulders hard to build the strength they need to bench heavy. I'm not talking about raises and external rotations. Military Presses, and a lot of them. Also, make sure you work your rear delts 2x per week until the pain goes away. Then only work them once.