PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so gassy?

Ryno
05-14-2007, 06:45 PM
This is an embarrassing subject but it is worse out in public. Check out my Fitday in my signature. What can I do to reduce gas or is there anything extra I can eat that will help prevent it from the start? I'm going to try some Tums. I'll add or remove whatever I need to. Also, I'm trying to bulk, is there anything wrong with what I'm eating now? I'm increasing my calories to 3000 and this is just where I'm at now.

TheGimp
05-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Protein. Learn to live with it :)

Mr. D
05-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Thats a pretty high protein intake, unless you have a high level of protein synthesis going on due to other factors. Otherwise, its really not necessary or beneficial to have protein intake that high.

I would increase fats,carbs, and lower protein.

I would eat more veggies and fibre, that way you have poop and not gas. I have multiple BMs a day, and gas is never an issue (well other than when im on the toilet itself).

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Increase your fats, man. And lower your protein intake. Throw some olive oil into your shakes or eat more nuts/seeds. You look like you're eating pretty healthy as it is.

Ryno
05-14-2007, 07:12 PM
From what I've read, carbs are a big source of gas. If I increase my fat too much, how would that impact my LBM%? I'm definitely lacking in fruits and vegs so I do need to fix that. One thing I've been thinking would be a good addition is a combo of dried fruits and almonds. Its got fat and the fruits I'm missing. Any other recommendations? I'm going shopping once 24 is over.

Ryno
05-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Throw some olive oil into your shakes.

Is that for fat increase? Are nuts just as good cause I'd much rather eat almonds than olive oil.

getfit
05-14-2007, 07:17 PM
go right ahead.They are all healthy fats, go for it.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Is that for fat increase? Are nuts just as good cause I'd much rather eat almonds than olive oil.Yes, that's for increasing fat intake. And sure, eat more almonds. :thumbup:

Mad Martigan
05-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Have you tried Gas-X or some equivalent? You may want to try a different protein powder. Getting on a good pooping schedule helps.

Ryno
05-14-2007, 07:44 PM
I was going to try the flavored Tums because I used to eat them anyways for the taste. I'd prefer to just adjust my diet to correct the problem and not be dependent on something like that though.

KingWilder
05-14-2007, 08:14 PM
def. increase your fats and lower protein

what kind of whey do you use? Sometimes lower quality protein powders can cause gas

Mad Martigan
05-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Looking at your fitday, I think your 3 servings of oatmeal are suspect.

Ryno
05-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I went ahead and setup my meals for tomorrow. Oatmeal was what I thought also, so its down to 1. Numbers look better but carbs jumped a lot.

Ryno
05-14-2007, 08:33 PM
what kind of whey do you use? Sometimes lower quality protein powders can cause gas

I'm using NSI Isomatrix.

Mad Martigan
05-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh, you don't have any problems with milk or lactose, do you?

RedSpikeyThing
05-15-2007, 07:15 AM
When you're bulking there isn't a whole lot you can do about it :(

Unreal
05-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Dried fruit is normally loaded with sugar so beware of that. Other then that, just keep adjusting your diet to see what works.

Ryno
05-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Is anyone familiar with NSI Isomatrix? I'd say it has to be the cause because the gas comes usually pretty soon after I've drank it down. Does anyone have a good protein they would recommend that may help at least reduce this problem? I'm keeping my servings low on it. Check out my fitday, the link is in my signature. But still I usually deal with the problem all day, worse right after I drink it.

Mad Martigan
05-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Is anyone familiar with NSI Isomatrix? I'd say it has to be the cause because the gas comes usually pretty soon after I've drank it down. Does anyone have a good protein they would recommend that may help at least reduce this problem? I'm keeping my servings low on it. Check out my fitday, the link is in my signature. But still I usually deal with the problem all day, worse right after I drink it.

I would recommend ON or Nitrean. EAS hasn't given me any trouble either.

Ryno
05-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Sorry for my ignorance on this but what is ON? Is that the name or does it stand for something?

KingWilder
05-16-2007, 08:21 PM
ON is a brand name (Optimum Nutrition)

ON Whey has a ton of flavors and is probably the only other brand of protein aside from Nitrean that I would use

shazoo123
05-16-2007, 10:42 PM
man, i know this is real. but get over it man. especially when your on a bulk you gotta get used to the fact that your gonna rip some nassssty, and i mean nasty farts. like.... i tell people before i fart so they are forewarned and don't get too mad.....thats my advice