PDA

View Full Version : PSMF for everyone?

BFGUITAR
05-14-2007, 09:21 PM
I have a friend who wants tips on losing weight. Hes at 30% bf, 5'10, 220.

I told him about PSMF and wondering if its for him. Hes active in a sense that he walks alot but thats about it.
Should he use it despite his activity level?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-14-2007, 09:43 PM
What's with your fascination with PSMF? There are a lot easier ways to get people into a healthy diet. PSMF is pretty extreme.

You should give him the basics...and perhaps have him take a gander at some of these articles ~> http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/articles.html

If he just walks, I don't see the point in having him do PSMF.

BFGUITAR
05-14-2007, 09:47 PM
This is why I asked.
I know its not for everyone but it seems very effective for people with high bf%.
The experiments that the book mentioned seemed pretty amazing although in the long term better diets are required.

Im going to give him those articles.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Yes...but again...it is an extreme diet and that's not usually the best thing for someone new to dieting. Like I said, start 'em off with the basics. It's good that you're trying to help others though. I respect that.

RedSpikeyThing
05-15-2007, 07:12 AM
PSMF is a diet for people who know what they are doing. If someone who doesn't know what they are doing tries to use PSMF they will lose weight, stop dieting and put it back on. Your friend needs to make lifestyle changes that will stay for a long time.

mritche
05-15-2007, 07:43 AM
I have a friend who wants tips on losing weight. Hes at 30% bf, 5'10, 220.

I told him about PSMF and wondering if its for him. Hes active in a sense that he walks alot but thats about it.
Should he use it despite his activity level?

Someone at 30% bodyfat needs to learn portion control, proper eating habits, and how to incorporate better exercise into their life. A PSMF is an unhealthy band-aid solution at best and it would be completely irresponsible of you to suggest it for someone like him.

If he wants to lose weight, get him to clean up his diet the right way and have him start to work out.