PDA

View Full Version : Bench vids from today

Detard
05-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Feel free to give me any critiques or tips/advice you might have on my form. Right off the bat I notice that I need to work on my leg drive and work on my arch alot.

175x3
08GdkD1QiRU

185x3
IpGyZZ2pyGM

Incline 155x5
tlLn_TwKThM

Bako Lifter
05-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Lol, ghetto inclines. Nice job on the 185 x 3. Keep it up :thumbup:

Detard
05-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks Bako. The bench goes incline but I find it's too much of an incline.

Chris Rodgers
05-14-2007, 10:09 PM
It's hard to see with the dark videos, but:

Do you pinch your shoulders back hard into the bench as you go?

Do you keep your legs tight(I thought they looked a bit loose)?

Is there anyway possible for you to get a liftoff on your heavy sets?

You could definitely work on your arch. As a fellow skinny lifter with long arms, there's no way in hell your bench will be big without cutting down that ROM somehow.

Detard
05-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Chris - I try to pinch my shoulder blades together but I think they are not as tight during my set as they are at the start. Yes I need to work on keeping my legs solid and use my leg drive. I can't really get a lift off for ALL heavy sets, usually at school I can but not when I lift at home. And yes, skinny + long arms = ****ty bench :p. I'll keep working on my arch though and try to get a side shot next time. Thanks for the tips

Talking_God
05-15-2007, 05:45 AM
Detard..do you always lift in the dark?? Good looking benches though..on your way to 200+ for reps it looks like, I think Chris gave you the only advice you need already, so good luck and if you can work on the leg drive and arch (I have an awful arch..back just doesn't bend..) your bench will probably go up significantly

Detard
05-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Detard..do you always lift in the dark?? Good looking benches though..on your way to 200+ for reps it looks like, I think Chris gave you the only advice you need already, so good luck and if you can work on the leg drive and arch (I have an awful arch..back just doesn't bend..) your bench will probably go up significantly

Hahaha. It looks like its in the dark but its actually really bright down there. The camera for some reason makes everything LOT darker. I cant wait till I hit 200+ for a few reps.

MeHoW
05-16-2007, 05:42 PM
How long have you been lifting?