PDA

View Full Version : World's Strongest Man Super Series coming to the UK

Stewart Jordan
05-16-2007, 10:36 AM
We are currently negotiating for the final qualifier for the World's Strongest Man to be held in the UK.

We are proposing that the first ever UK Super-Series event be held at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry on 22nd July.

We have some sponsors in place and can guarantee a strong field. Expect the likes of Mariusz, Jesse Marunde, Terry Hollands, Darren Sadler, Mark Felix etc to be competing.

We will also have a 'legendary strongman' as head judge

There will a meet and greet with the athletes as well as merchandise and other entertainment.

The arena hall will hold 3000 fans and be televised as part of the build up to the final on Channel 5.

THIS IS AN UNCONFIRMED EVENT.

As sponsorship director I need to understand the likely attendance and whether there will be enough interest in the UK to make this a reality.

Ticket prices will be 20-00 and the event will kick-off at 12-00.

Could you reply to this thread please if you think that you would be interested, this will give me an idea of whether to continue with preparations. I'm sure that there is enough UK interest and that we could pack the hall and take the sport to another level of achievement and entertainment.

Thanks in advance for your response

Bob
05-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Ahh.. there are no choices besides Yes!!!

PS.. What happened to that WSM they were thinking about having in Madison Square Garden??? Now that I would be at.. Yes Yes..

Stewart Jordan
05-16-2007, 03:23 PM
That's the beauty of forums and the amount of people with knowledge about our sport, it appears that the weekend of the 22nd July is unavailable. Terry Hollands is holding a Strongman Cup event in the UK and that has been booked for some time.

Please support Terry and the event and the Super-Series will look to organise an end of year spectacular at the Ricoh Arena in November / December (indoors obviously) the question and poll still remains, could you please register your interest for this event so we can bring the super-series to the UK and allow the UK fans to see the top names in competition.

Thanks again

Stewart Jordan
05-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Ahh.. there are no choices besides Yes!!!

PS.. What happened to that WSM they were thinking about having in Madison Square Garden??? Now that I would be at.. Yes Yes..

Just to let you know we are negotiating with MSG for a super-series grand prix in October, I'll keep you posted

2PACMAN2
05-16-2007, 05:17 PM
definately be enough interest in this, dont even worry about that, as long as people know about it, the tickets will sell

RykardMaximus
05-20-2007, 01:16 PM
that would be awesome, that's only 30mins away :-)

Buffman
06-07-2007, 04:34 AM
Although I live in the states WSM SS would be Great in the UK!