PDA

View Full Version : how do you use fitday?

someoneunlikeyo
05-19-2007, 07:18 PM
what is the purpose of fitday.com?

i wanna eat clean and pretty much bulk cleanly aswell. how can fitday.com help me accomplish this goal?

thanks

Built
05-19-2007, 07:21 PM
It lets you plan out your diet without guessing. Nothing magical about "clean" - but if you track what you're eating, you can be sure you hit your targets for protein, carb, fat, calories, and fibre. If you don't make progress (up OR down, in your case, UP), you'll know what to change.

someoneunlikeyo
05-19-2007, 07:48 PM
thanks built, i know i want 1 gram of protein per pound but not sure about essential fats and carbs and calories and sugars and starchs, ect.

can you give me quick rundown or point me in the right direction to answer all these questions.

JustLost
05-20-2007, 07:50 AM
thanks built, i know i want 1 gram of protein per pound but not sure about essential fats and carbs and calories and sugars and starchs, ect.

can you give me quick rundown or point me in the right direction to answer all these questions.

She already did -- take a look at the links in her sig.

someoneunlikeyo
05-21-2007, 04:52 PM
so how can i find my LBM? i dont have a clue what body fat % i am either? how can i figure that out?

i have a few days on fitday completed, calories wise and stuff, very rough though. its hard to search the foods im eating... i think ill end up manually entering all my foods in eventually.

ddegroff
05-21-2007, 07:30 PM
i think ill end up manually entering all my foods in eventually.

Thats what most of us do, then it becomes super easy.

Get your BF done by calipers at your gym. That should be good enough.

BigBossMan
05-24-2007, 03:25 PM
I was wondering if there is anyway to repeat stuff from the day before on fitday. I eat pretty much the same things everyday and would save me alot of time if I didn't have to re enter evertyhing every day!

Thanks

BBM

RedSpikeyThing
05-24-2007, 03:40 PM
I was wondering if there is anyway to repeat stuff from the day before on fitday. I eat pretty much the same things everyday and would save me alot of time if I didn't have to re enter evertyhing every day!

Thanks

BBM

you could save everything as one giant custom food item. Really, though, it doesn't take that long.

ddegroff
05-24-2007, 05:43 PM

Thanks

BBM

Easy go to the recent food pull down. At the bottom it says All Recent Foods. Then check what you want to add for that day.

someoneunlikeyo
05-24-2007, 10:18 PM
ok, so i did a full week on fitday.com and got these results:

Average Calories
grams cals %total
Total: 2459
Fat: 107 963 41%
Sat: 35 315 13%
Poly: 16 140 6%
Mono: 45 403 17%
Carbs: 171 573 24%
Fiber: 28 0 0%
Protein: 180 720 30%
Alcohol: 17 120 5%

im not sure how much fat i need cause i dont know my LBM... i dont know how i got so many poly fats???

i got the protein above 1gram per pound.

how do my carbs look?

I'm not sure how many calories i need to bulk? how do i find that out on fitday?

ddegroff
05-24-2007, 10:39 PM
I think your fats are a little high compared to the other numbers. I also feel your saturated fat is a little high.

You could swap out some of those fat (g) for some carbs.

I would track another week eating this amount of cals and see if you lose or gain weight. If you stay the same weigh wise add 10-20% or 500cals to that total.

someoneunlikeyo
05-24-2007, 11:22 PM
ok right on, thanks allot. ill do that.