PDA

View Full Version : "Tired of being fat" Journal

wannabeabigboy
05-20-2007, 12:47 AM
Hello all. I've been training now for about 2 years somewhat consistently. I have always been a bit chunky. Training has put a decent amount of LBM on my body but I still have never gotten rid of my stomach fat. I've never really successfully cut. I've done some brief stints of carb cycling, psmf to some success but never really lasted enough to get shredded.

I just got done finals and have decided to make it a point to start losing fat, and maintain as much LBM in the process. I actually purchased lyle mcdonald's crash diet book and have decided to use this technique during the initial phase of the diet. I may start using UD2.0 sometime in the future to achieve an even lower body fat percentage (hopefully around 8-10% bf).

I am going to track my progress on here in an attempt to keep my motivation levels high and hopefully to help encourage others in the future.
--------
Currently I am 21 years old, 6', approximately 200 pounds. not really sure on bodyfat percentage. To obtain my goal i'll probably have to come in around 175 im guessing. I'd like to achieve this before the end of summer which is about september for me. I'll probably make a few updates every week to share my experience, diet and training.

Thats all for now, hopefully everyone will hear from me soon, as i plan on sticking to this diet.

Chris686
05-20-2007, 02:10 AM
Good luck bud. Currently cutting myself hoping to get "shredded."

Any estimates on bodyfat?

wannabeabigboy
05-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Day 3 of my PSMF.

I weighed myself this morning after breakfast, approximately 199.5.. I was fatter than I thought lol. Thats ok though, thats just less weight I have to cut.

So far its actually been pretty hard. I just got home for a brief 2 week summer break before I start summer classes and I'm so tempted to eat junkfood my family has ample supplies of. Thank goodness my old man has been unusually supportive of my diet and offered to buy my broke ass some items at the grocery store.

Somethings I got at the store: ground turkey BREAST, low fat string cheese (great for bedtime), FF american, "quick eggs" (all out of egg whites), TURKEY BACON--yumm, salad, boneless skinless chicken breast, tuna fish.

I've really been cravin carbs but i've been makin due. I had about 3 chicken breasts yesterday, some nitrean. I've been taking supplements of fish oil , potassium, mag + zinc + calcium, multivitamin, fiber (metamucil) before bed. I took 4 ETS last night. My legs have been pretty sore since my last workout on Saturday.

My last workout was all over the place in regards to muscles hit. Just to give you guys an idea of my strength...

I do a dynamic warm up on just about every major muscle group. My big three lifts are as follows:

Parallel Squat: 2x6 225, 1x5 235, 1x4 245, 1x6 225
Sumo deadlift: 1x5 225, 1x4 250, 1x3 275, 1x5 225
BB Bench: 1x6 225, 1x5 235, 1x4 250, 1x6 225

I might lower the volume a little bit. I know my legs are weak relatively speaking, I sprained my ankle in January and I just started lifting legs again during a "maintenance" period about a month ago. Its still swollen a bit, and I believe there is still some minor ligament damage. Serves me right for playing b-ball in low top shoes.

Well just thought i'd update. I'm going to include some pictures but dont expect any more for 2 weeks. My digi is down at college. Atleast the next round of pictures will show some progress.

Dont mind the bad posing, I know nothing about proper posing form so bare with me.. :newbie:

wannabeabigboy
05-21-2007, 10:12 AM
here they are.. :smoke:

oh yeah i realized I have no leg pictures. i'll be sure to get them once i get back to school in 2 weeks..

wannabeabigboy
05-21-2007, 10:50 AM
any guesstimates on my bodyfat percentage?

Rock Steady
05-21-2007, 10:57 AM
any guesstimates on my bodyfat percentage?

You're pretty lean! You're storing some fat in your stomach, but not a whole lot.

I'd say 16-18%. You don't need to drop to 175, that's for sure - you'd be losing a lot of muscle if you did that I'm guessing.

05-21-2007, 11:49 AM
That's fat? id be happier if i was there. im huge right now. Good luck though.

wannabeabigboy
05-22-2007, 05:36 PM
i worked out today. focused mostly on chest/deadlift/back with a little arm work thrown in. i took 2 nitor at about 1pm, and i had plenty of energy at the gym. I also drank about 10g's of powdered gatorade before and sipped on whey protein during my workout.

if i continue to have good workouts like this while on this diet i will be very pleased.

wannabeabigboy
05-23-2007, 12:17 PM
weighed in at 193.5.. scale only goes to .5 increments though.

still, 6 pounds in 2-3 days or so. i know this has alot to do with food/water weight, but there has to be some fat loss in that decrement. plus im taking creatine monohydrate daily, so there has to be some water retention.

anyway, i visibly look slimmer already, definately very motivating!!!

wannabeabigboy
06-14-2007, 11:22 AM
sorry for lack of updates. i ended up taking a few days off. couple of my friends celebrating their 21st birthdays and i wasnt going to not celebrate with them.

i also found that PSMF diet is particular difficult, especially when taking such a large course load (im taking anatomy and physiology 1 and 2 in 10 weeks).

i try to cut out most carbs in my diet, with a cheat meal or so every week. keeping the protein as high as possible and calories as low as possible.

i dont think ive lost any strength, maybe a couple pounds on my bench press but that might be glycogen depletion. i actually PRed my squat recently with 275x2.

heres a pic for comparison. granted this is almost a months time, i took off about a week. so a lil under 3 weeks progress. i weigh about 190 now.

wannabeabigboy
06-14-2007, 11:31 AM
also as promised, a quick shot of the wheels. also i forgot to note that the above comparison picture is unflexed.

wannabeabigboy
06-15-2007, 07:24 PM
sugar free jello is good