PDA

View Full Version : Gear.

WestsideWarrior
05-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Since I'm gonna begin powerbuilding, I decided to buy gear, but I'm not gonna become a gear whore, I'll use gear off and on.

I'm not buying real expensive gear, I'm gonna get used to using gear, then buy the good stuff.

Inzer Gear

Bench Shirt - Standard Blast

Squat Suit - Z-Suit

Dead Suit - Need to find one in the 25-75 range

Belt - Power Surge

Gloves - Mashback (my gym doesn't allow chalk)

Wrist Wraps - Iron Z

Knee Wraps - Iron Z

This look good? Anything I'm missing?

Sidior
05-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Don't even worry about gear yet. Build more base strength for the next year or two.

vdizenzo
05-20-2007, 05:44 PM
If you don't plan on competing in pl in the near future I don't think you need gear. I'd tell you to get a belt, but that is a touchy subject around here.

Bako Lifter
05-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Most squat suits recommend that you are already squatting double body weight RAW.

WestsideWarrior
05-20-2007, 06:54 PM
vdiz - I do plan on competing.

Bako - Where'd you hear this? Its not like I don't trust you everything, but as long as I've been here, I've never heard that.

Paul Stagg
05-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Train like you'll compete. No gloves. If you can't use chalk, don't use it, or find another gym.

I think that gear list is a fine place to start. You'll be well served to find some PLers to train with who can teach you how to use it. Frankly, I don't think you need to bother with any of it but a good belt right now, but it won't hurt you to get it.

Bako Lifter
05-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Well... A while ago I was looking into buying a squat suit. Some of the ones I looked at recomended a 2x body weight squat, so I didn't get one. It makes sense because some are so strong that you'll probably have a hard time reaching parallel w/ out enough weight on your back. I'd get some briefs instead though.

vdizenzo
05-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Find some powerlifters to train with. If you try hard enough you will. I used to travel 4 hours each way on Saturday's to train. When you find a crew they usually have a stockpile of gear you can try. That is the best way to learn.

WestsideWarrior
05-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Paul - I KNEW that was gonna come from ya, but as stated above, I'm gonna use gear off and on, and I wont use the gloves as much.

Bako - Ohh. But there's no prob in getting a suit and learning how to use it.

Diz - Alright, I'll start tomorrow.

(random) I need to find that bench shirt vid that Sensi posted, I dont want to get the s**t tore out of me by the shirt.

waynedang
05-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Paul - I KNEW that was gonna come from ya, but as stated above, I'm gonna use gear off and on, and I wont use the gloves as much.

Bako - Ohh. But there's no prob in getting a suit and learning how to use it.

Diz - Alright, I'll start tomorrow.

(random) I need to find that bench shirt vid that Sensi posted, I dont want to get the s**t tore out of me by the shirt.

You are welcome to come train bench with us if you want to learn the gear. I think you are only about an hour and a half from us.

Wayne