PDA

View Full Version : Good tasting Ice Cream you can eat while cutting?

Coqui
05-21-2007, 07:40 AM
In a moment of weakness I went out with my wife to get some ice cream at a local ice cream parlor we have in Ohio.

They were advertising an Ice cream called Graeter's TD. Graeter's being the name of the parlor, TD being the name of the sweetener. TD stands for Trutina Dulcem.

Now what caught my eye about this was that this is said through clinical testing to not provoke a response in insulin production. Their main target for this is obviously diabetics but this got me thinking.

After reading up on this from a flyer they had, This apparently is extracted from kiwi fruit and is 100% natural (no processing). Weight in on the GI table as 18, has thermogenic properties, does not stimulate Adipose Tissue Fat Storage as well as apparently being an excellent carrier for L-Arginine.

This was apparently discovered in 1997 but I did a search and couldn't find anything about this on here. Is this too good to be true? Obviously there will still be calories, but could this actually be something you could add into a diet (be it mass gain or cutting) since you would get proteins and possible complex carbs and fats?

http://www.trutinadulcem.com/

For the main webpage regarding this sweetener.

Coqui
05-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Well if this tastes exactly like the real stuff (I'll probably get it next time I go), then might as well use it.

KingWilder
05-21-2007, 08:59 AM
well if you do get it and it does taste like real ice-cream, let us know...I'm kind of curious

RedSpikeyThing
05-21-2007, 09:16 AM
There are some very good "ice cream" recipes that ise cottage cheese and protein powder. Check out the recipe forum.

Cirino83
05-21-2007, 09:59 AM
The way I look at it...if your going to cheat and eat some ice cream then do it right. Large hot fudge sundae with cookie dough or mocha chip ice cream. mmmmm

Coqui
05-21-2007, 12:24 PM
methinks you're missing the point of this thread

Cirino83
05-21-2007, 12:54 PM
methinks you're missing the point of this thread

Ahhh I'm an idiot. :redface:

ArchAngel777
05-21-2007, 05:23 PM
I am always looking for low calorie ways to get ice-cream and cookies to fit it within my diet... But truth be told, you can only really fit it is in very low quanities, so low that it is like eating one potato chip and then putting the bag away... A better idea is to set asside one meal a week where you can eat a healthy portion of it and either replace it with an existing meal, or cut all other meals down 5%-10% to allot for the difference of calories at the end of the week.

Built
05-21-2007, 05:27 PM
ArchAngel, you need to try this ... http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/2007/04/30/chocolate-soft-serve-protein-ice-cream/

shazoo123
05-21-2007, 06:15 PM
yo i made the icecream recipe the other day and told my dad to try it and said it tasted just like icecream....its delicious

ArchAngel777
05-25-2007, 12:04 AM
ArchAngel, you need to try this ... http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/2007/04/30/chocolate-soft-serve-protein-ice-cream/

I'll have to give that a shot here... Had to take a break from the diet when I became really sick... So I kinda been bad and eating all sorts of crap that would normally make me feel guilty...

Built
05-25-2007, 12:05 AM
yo i made the icecream recipe the other day and told my dad to try it and said it tasted just like icecream....its delicious

Told ya!

Glad you liked it. :)

shazoo123
05-25-2007, 01:14 AM
built, i gotta let you kno man, you changed my life with that cottage cheese icecream recipe. ive been goin through cottage cheese containers like whoa through the week. i love it

Built
05-25-2007, 02:06 AM
built, i gotta let you kno man, you changed my life with that cottage cheese icecream recipe. ive been goin through cottage cheese containers like whoa through the week. i love it

<giggles>

Glad you're digging it, bud.

ArchAngel777
05-27-2007, 05:54 PM
I HATE Cottage cheese, but I am going to give this a shot anyway. I plan to make some up shortly, within the next few days... 162 calories per cup, which is a heck of a lot better than standard ice cream of 300-350 calories a cup, plus with the protein you can just use it as a meal replacement. Carbs are low enough you can easily get away with several servings a day and keep them under 75-100g... Pretty cool built, I hope I enjoy this stuff, honestly. I don't doubt it is good, I just doubt that my taste buds will receive it knowing cottage cheese is in it.