PDA

View Full Version : Does your body adapt to your weight after a while and you don't have to eat as much?

wdjuqi
05-21-2007, 05:39 PM
I've been wondering this. I've been gaining weight steadily since I started lifting. My question is does your body eventually get use to your weight and you don't have to eat as much to maintain your current weight? So if someone was drinking weightgainer shakes and eating a lot day in and day out and then stopped, would they lose all the weight or would the human body just keep the weight on?

Also, another question regarding creatine...are you suppose to take this everyday before and after a workout? And if you stop taking creatine, will you lose your gains? I don't want to take creatine long-term, just in the near future to gain weight.

SpecialK
05-21-2007, 05:42 PM
To answer your first question, you will need to continually eat at least your maintenance level of calories in order to retain any muscle you build. Obviously the more muscle you build, the higher your maintenance level will become, and the more you will have to eat (at a minimum) to keep what you have.

I suppose as you get older your metabolism may slow down a bit, but in general you must keep eating to keep your gains.

To answer your second question, please refer to this thread:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=22690

wdjuqi
05-21-2007, 05:56 PM
The one link in that thread doesn't work and the other site is THE worst organized website on the face of the planet.

A simple yes/no answer would be great here. Do you take creatine everyday?

Built
05-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Yes. 5g every day.

wdjuqi
05-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Thank you.