PDA

View Full Version : End of bulk results

Keith
05-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Well here they are, the results of my bulk. From my cut last summer I have put on 20lbs but in my opinion, +10lbs of that bulk is fat. I have put so much time and effort and I feel like I let myself down. I hate to sound so pessimistic but I'm so dissapointed with these pictures and myself. I think the worst part about it is that when my buddies are out every weekend partying and getting hammered, there I am cooking, eating, cleaning, eating again.. and yet the times that I do go out (sober), there are so many people around me that are so much bigger than me. I guess I expect a little too much from myself and to just give it time but god damn is this frustrating to me. It also doesn't help when EVERYONE around me doesn't have any interest at all in bodybuilding. I surround myself in the worst atmosphere but there's not much I can do about that except do my own thing.. by myself. Anyone else somewhat feel the same as I do? Or am I blowing this out of proportion? I would do anything to reach 200lbs at 10%bf. But to make a more realistic and short-term goal, I'll shoot for 180lbs at 10%bf.

Any estimations on how long both goals could take me naturally? Feel free to give me any constructive criticism on my pics as well.

Stats: 20 yrs old
5'8"
172lbs

Keith
05-21-2007, 10:52 PM
A few more...

Gabrielle
05-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I hate to say this man, but you need balance. Also what does you routine look like? It sounds like you taking this stuff way too seriously. Lighten up, there are much worse things in life than falling short of your bulk goal.

rhett2go
05-22-2007, 04:39 AM
what was your cycle...mg,duration and gear. how many cals did you eat a day. did you do any cardio at all? you are also a little on the young side for this part of BB. you can do so much natty if you will relax and let time do its thing.

rhett

Stumprrp
05-22-2007, 05:07 AM
keith - IMO, keep on bulking man, no need to stop your still not close to fat, stop when your 220 like me.

tdotteg
05-22-2007, 06:37 AM
I think you look good. Don't compare yourself to other ppl, because there's always going to be bigger and leaner guys out there.

As for your question, it all depends on how much bf% you think you can take staring at yourself at? If your answer is "it doesn't matter", then keep bulking to 200 then cut to 180. If the fat bugs you, I don't think you need a cut. Maybe slow down on the bulk a bit cuz you're still pretty lean.

Our goals are pretty similar but I plan on taking my time achieving mine. I've done dirty bulk and didn't like the fat. So clean bulk for me next time around 12% max. If it takes me 4 years to reach my goal, then so be it. I'm sure i'll enjoy the journy. :)

Con
05-22-2007, 06:43 AM
I think everyone has given great advice. You got the dedication, now you just need patience(oh dont we all tho).

Also Id like to add, that ive read, that a 1:1 ratio of muscle/fat gain is about right for a natural. So its nothing you can control too much IMO, its just that you are human.

Gl on reaching your goals.

Keith
05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Just to clarify a few things, I was a little down last night while writing that. I get a little moody from time to time about my size but it doesn't happen too often. But the thing that does to me is just going out and seeing guys who are twice as big and more impressive than me when I know they go out every weekend and party hard. It's not as big of a deal than how I made it sound in the first post but it would definately be nice if I had buddies that were really into bodybuilding. There's no one around that has an interest or understands it at all so I get comments thrown at me every direction.

Gabrielle- It's not that I need balance, like I said before, I need to surround myself in a better atmosphere with people who bodybuild. I love bodybuilding so it's not like I can "lighten up", but I do understand your point. Right now I'm doing a routine from the book Scrawny to Brawny. A little too much to write out but I don't think that's my concern, it's just diet.

rhett2go- What was my cycle? I have never juiced at any point. What made you say that?

Stumprrp- People should cut when they feel they need to and vise versa for bulking. As of now, I'm feeling a little soft so I want to cut for the summer.

tdotteg- The extra bf does get to me so I think after this cut I'll begin a clean bulk and see how things go from there. Like you said, I wouldn't want to go over 12% either, so I think a nice clean, long lasting bulk will work best for me.

Con- You're right. I do need to be more patient but at this point in time, patience is something I have a hard time dealing with.. I've always been the smallest guy around.

curqleez
05-22-2007, 01:09 PM
You need to keep bulking. If you start to try to lean up (being natural) you will most likely lose most of the muscle you just worked so hard for. Next- your not as small as you think you are and def not as fat as you think you are. You are young and have alot of time. Next- patients, consistency and time will put on the size. Next- have fun. don't get so serious that you can't go hang out with your buddies, you are making it too hard on yourself. Just take some RTD's with you. Next- your going to eventually hit a wall training naturally. You should NOT consider juice ant your stage. You have alot of growing to do naturally but after a couple more years then it will be up to you. Just KNOW what your doing and never think more is better. No matter what or how much you take if you eat like a 180lb bodybuilder then a year later your not going to be much bigger than 180lb bodybuilder. You gotta eat like a 200 lb bodybuilder.

Few tips.
1) when you wake up at night to take a piss, down a shake with about 1-2 table spoons of olive oil in it.
2) eat a high protien high fat meal just before bed
3) make sure you count grams of protien to make sure you are getting enough.
4) have a high carb drink and high protien drink within 30 min after training then another meal hour and a half after that.

Hope this helps

Gabrielle
05-22-2007, 01:39 PM
I think you should cut down in my opinion. You have a small frame and the extra weight you are carrying is ruining your lines. A lot of guys with small bone structure look like this when their bodyfat gets a bit high. I wouls guess your bf is at 15% which will make it difficult for you to diet in the future if you keep bulking and your bf rises. Plus around this time you might start getting stretchmarks from the extra weight. You are 172 at your height, so you are not skinny by any means. You have some size on you. I would recommend getting super lean then clean bulking. Whatever you decide to do, props for being so dedicated for your age.

HahnB
05-22-2007, 01:43 PM
If you start to try to lean up (being natural) you will most likely lose most of the muscle you just worked so hard for.

Sure, if you have no idea how to diet properly.

curqleez
05-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Sure, if you have no idea how to diet properly.

then tell him how to diet properly. Still gonna lose alot of muscle if he diets hard.

curqleez
05-22-2007, 01:55 PM
I think you should cut down in my opinion. You have a small frame and the extra weight you are carrying is ruining your lines. A lot of guys with small bone structure look like this when their bodyfat gets a bit high. I wouls guess your bf is at 15% which will make it difficult for you to diet in the future if you keep bulking and your bf rises. Plus around this time you might start getting stretchmarks from the extra weight. You are 172 at your height, so you are not skinny by any means. You have some size on you. I would recommend getting super lean then clean bulking. Whatever you decide to do, props for being so dedicated for your age.

Sounds like his main concern is how big he is. If he wants to put in muscle the he don't need to diet down. He would have to get verry fat before he has to worry about strech marks in the wrong places

Keith
05-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Curqleez- I don't plan on dieting quickly to get cut as quick as possible. I plan on a very slow cut throughout the summer. I'm sure it's not that hard to understand I want to be cut for the summer. What are RTD's? For the record, I'm NOT looking to turn to steriods as of now, I have talked to a ton of experienced people on this topic and even if I do, it will be when I'm roughly 23yrs old. We'll see how I feel about bodybuilding then. I should consider taking a shake in the middle of the night. I already follow the rest of the tips you listed...I think I just need to be a little more patient. I've put on 45lbs since I started training at the same height with about 10lbs of that weight from fat. It's just frustrating going out and seeing a ton of people around me so much larger knowing how much time and $ I put into this. Thank you for the reply!

Gabrielle- I most likely will cut down and get really lean for the summer then continue on a long clean bulk. I'm not too concerned about stetch marks. I have them now slightly on my hips but that's it. Even if I were to continue to bulk, I wouldn't add much more body fat. Thank you for the support! :)

HahnB
05-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Bulking to the point of actually being fat is stupid in my book. Why even body build if you look overweight 75% of the year? If he wants to do a slow cut, maintain his muscle and lose some body fat he'd look great. He could stand to gain some more weight, but maybe he'd rather start his next bulk leaner.

rhett2go
05-22-2007, 08:26 PM
rhett2go- What was my cycle? I have never juiced at any point. What made you say that?

my bad bro. when you said said you finished a bulk i assumed you meant a bulking cycle. im very proud you are working natty bro. keep up the good work..

rhett

curqleez
05-23-2007, 07:40 AM
Curqleez- I don't plan on dieting quickly to get cut as quick as possible. I plan on a very slow cut throughout the summer. I'm sure it's not that hard to understand I want to be cut for the summer. What are RTD's? For the record, I'm NOT looking to turn to steriods as of now, I have talked to a ton of experienced people on this topic and even if I do, it will be when I'm roughly 23yrs old. We'll see how I feel about bodybuilding then. I should consider taking a shake in the middle of the night. I already follow the rest of the tips you listed...I think I just need to be a little more patient. I've put on 45lbs since I started training at the same height with about 10lbs of that weight from fat. It's just frustrating going out and seeing a ton of people around me so much larger knowing how much time and $ I put into this. Thank you for the reply!

Gabrielle- I most likely will cut down and get really lean for the summer then continue on a long clean bulk. I'm not too concerned about stetch marks. I have them now slightly on my hips but that's it. Even if I were to continue to bulk, I wouldn't add much more body fat. Thank you for the support! :)

It's good to know some people like your self are smart enough to not jump the gun and start juicing at your age. You would prob be diissapointed at the results anyway. You have put on 45lbs. Thats alot more than people who do juice. The reason I'm takink my time to try and help you is because everything you say I can relate to verry well because I was once in your verry same position and state of mind. Sounds like you are doing everything right but just make sure you don't over train. It will hinder your gains. Try throwing in a shake at night. Perferably a longer acting protien. Musclemilk would be ideal. By the way a RTD is a ready to drink shake. Try stretching to the point of pain and hold for 60 sec after you work each muscle group. Just give yourself some time. Thats all you need. Good luck and get swole.:thumbup:

Keith
05-23-2007, 08:32 AM
HahnB- Yeah that's exactly what I plan on doing.

rhett2go- Np. And thanks alot!

curqleez- I know not to jump the gun because I know alot of people who have and see the mental state they're in now. Especially from all the uneducated people I know who have jumped on the wagon, they all say the same thing "Don't do it, it's not worth it!" Like I said, if I were to, which I think I will plan on doing, it won't be until at least 23 yrs old and I know I've pretty much maxed out my natty gains. Overtraining I'm not sure if I totally believe in, I believe more in undereating. Each session I won't train for over an hour if that's what you're getting at. This phase of my training that I'm on now will actually only last about 40 mins but intense as ****. I do stretch to the point where it hurts for a long time after training, especially after squats, I'll sit there for a long time just stetching the hell out of my legs. I don't know if I could bring and drink a RTD when I'm out with my buddies, but I definately do leave wherever I'm at to go eat then go back :p. Thanks alot for the support! I'll definately PM you soon. Good luck with yourself too!

Tofer
05-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Man, I wouldn't worry about it. You're doing well. The side tricep pic is especially impressive.

Sorry to go a little off-topic, but I was looking at your home gym pic thread and I noticed you got your power rack from Fitness Depot. I'm probably going to end up getting the same power rack soon (unfortunately not at a discount). What I was wondering is how do you bench in it? It may seem like a dumb question but we don't have power racks at my gym so I've never used one before. I just can't seem to picture how it works for some reason.

Keith
05-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks alot man, that and my arnie pic are my personal best in those shots although my favourite pose is side chest but it turned out horrible. Can't wait until the end of my cut, I'll be sure to have some good ones then.

Where do you live in Canada, depending on where you live I can get you a deal. I know the people in half the stores across Ontario. You can always bargain with them but let me know where you live and I'll see what I can do. The power rack is rated for 1000lbs although I really believe it can hold more. Did that answer your question? Because you shouldn't really be concerned with how much it can hold for bench. Aren't your numbers bigger for shrugs, rackpulls or squats?

Tofer
05-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Well, I used to live in Ontario actually but unfortunately I'm living in Manitoba now (and I say 'unfortunately' not just because of that haha). That would have been really cool of you though, so thanks anyways.

I don't think I worded my post properly. Ha, I'm not concerned about the rack being able to hold up what I bench. What I meant is how do you bench in there? Like, with the safety bars on the sides how do you touch the barbell to your chest? And what do you re-rack the barbell on in-between sets? Is it just all adjustable? Sorry, they're probably pretty stupid questions but I've always just squatted with a regular squat rack and benched on a separate bench and I'm just trying to picture how it works.

Edit: Okay. I just watched a couple videos and I see now. :zipit:

Keith
05-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Lol they're not stupid questions. I'm sure no one expects you to know everything.

http://nlfit.com/framePowerracks.htm -The bar rests on the hooks that come out above the safety bars. You would set the safety bars literally just under where it would touch your chest. When I bench I have a small arch in my back with my chest sticking out so if I were to miss my rep, I could drop it down if I layed flat on the bench. Never worried about training with heavy weight on this thing. It's all adjustable, both the hooks and safety bars. You can do every single exercise in this thing.

If you want, drop in to the nearest Fitness Depot in Manitoba and tell them your buddy works in Ontario at the Pickering location. Tell them I said to give you a deal at "30 points". That'll save you quite a bit. That goes for everyone else whos reading this if you're interested as well.

tdotteg
05-24-2007, 09:33 AM
^^ Damn , I didn't know you're from ON. Too many canucks on here lol.
I might have to contact you when it's time to get Equipments. First, I need a house.

Keith
05-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Lol np dude. I'm from Pickering, right beside ya!

WORLD
05-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Keith sometimes gets sad, and I let him cry on my shoulder..and then he poses in front of the mirror and smiles again, cause he remembers how far he's come along since the beginning... right Keith?

Keith
05-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Ya...tis true.