PDA

View Full Version : How much weight increase each month?

SaintGJR
05-22-2007, 06:09 AM
Morning guys - i was just wondering how much weight seems a decent amount to add each month on a clean bulk for a natural.

Would you say that adding 1lb each week - so 4lbs per month - is a nice rate to look at for a longer but cleaner bulk?

I plan to bulk for the next 8 of so months - so if i can gain 4lbs per month for the next 8 months = 32lbs - which i think is a decent amount.

Just appreciate your views.

Thanks.

Stumprrp
05-22-2007, 06:15 AM
sounds perfect to me man, you can expect to add alot of LBM that way and less fat then a more traditional faster 2 lb a week bulk, in some cases, some people that have good genetics will add more LBM then others in shorter time. from what i have seen.

SaintGJR
05-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks Stumprrp.

Yes - i have been training for over a year now - so i think the faster gains have probably slowed down - so i am looking more to the long term and slower and leaner gains so i can actually spend longer bulking.

Thanks for the reply.

Rock Steady
05-22-2007, 09:11 AM
I gained about 50 pounds in 10 months, and if I could do it again I probably would have shot for 40-45 in that time frame. If you overdo it, cutting isn't all that bad.

zela
05-22-2007, 09:55 AM
I started my bulk last week and I'm doing 2lbs per week for the first month and than a 1 lb per week for the next few months after that!

schmitty199
05-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Morning guys - i was just wondering how much weight seems a decent amount to add each month on a clean bulk for a natural.

Would you say that adding 1lb each week - so 4lbs per month - is a nice rate to look at for a longer but cleaner bulk?

I plan to bulk for the next 8 of so months - so if i can gain 4lbs per month for the next 8 months = 32lbs - which i think is a decent amount.

Just appreciate your views.

Thanks.

Ive been on a "clean bulk" since the end of football. I actually did the math earlier today before I read this and it came out to exactly 4 pounds per month.

SpecialK
05-22-2007, 06:25 PM
The more experienced you become, the slower you will have to bulk to minimize fat gain.

SaintGJR
05-23-2007, 02:20 AM
Ive been on a "clean bulk" since the end of football. I actually did the math earlier today before I read this and it came out to exactly 4 pounds per month.

Sounds good.