couple from 2003 coll. nationals and a couple the following year

Beast
05-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Looking terrific. How did you place?

Got any diet/training tips?

KingWilder
05-22-2007, 12:13 PM
you look great, but I'm sure you already know that

hopefully you'll stick around and share some diet and training tips instead of posting pics for compliments and leaving...

curqleez
05-22-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm here my man. I'll answer any questions. I like helping others if I can.

ray34iyf
05-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Yeah man. Shower us with your knowledge...I'm trying to soak as much in as I can right now..

curqleez
05-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah man. Shower us with your knowledge...I'm trying to soak as much in as I can right now..

I wish when I was 19 (I see you are) that I had someone like myself that has learned through trial and error and I have also worked with some top dogs in the buisness for the past 14 years so I will do my best. Just lmk

curqleez
05-22-2007, 12:34 PM
back lat is from a year ago off season

SpecialK
05-22-2007, 12:50 PM
So what type of routine do you follow? What about your diet?

Keith
05-22-2007, 12:58 PM
You look awesome dude! You're not natural are you?

Feed us brother!

curqleez
05-22-2007, 01:26 PM
So what type of routine do you follow? What about your diet?

I have gone many years doing the same ole volume training with minimal gains. I recently started working with dogcrap, DC style training and my gains have took off. My diet (in my current off season, taking this summer off to get bigger and focus on the 2008 Jr Nationals) isn't what alot of people would think is ok but I will be honest with you. Basicly I focus on getting protien down the hatch every 3 hours have it be a protien shake or fried chicken from the curb store or a good ole home made hamburger with cheese. Carbs and fat just follow. I have to eat alot of calories to grow but I stay lean while doing this. Not contest lean but prob around 10%. Consistant protien consumption is the key. I also try to get a shake in, in the middle of the night and the first thing when I wake up so thats an exra 120g of protien that most people don't get. I also add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to those also. Be carefull not to do too much of the olive oil or yo will be seatbelting yourself to the toilet. I never get full when I eat or I have a hard time digesting it in time for my next meal. If I feel I'm getting full I'll stop eating everything and just focus on finishing off my protien or is the whole food meal does not consist of enough protien (say 20-30g) then I will have one scoop of protien shake to make up for the protien.

Just ask any question and I'll be happy to answer.

Curt

curqleez
05-22-2007, 01:27 PM
You look awesome dude! You're not natural are you?

Feed us brother!

what makes you think that. what about the 15 years I have training.

Gabrielle
05-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Looking very lean, I must say. You have a lot of potential. Good luck.

curqleez
05-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Looking very lean, I must say. You have a lot of potential. Good luck.

Thank you. I was 170lbs in the nationals pics and 183 in the ones a year later. Right now I'm pushing 220 but still have a long ways to go.

NEVER GIVE UP:thumbup:

SDS
05-22-2007, 02:30 PM
O.k.....at 220 lbs, what's your daily protein intake? (grams)

Keith
05-22-2007, 02:34 PM

The size, separation and vascularity you have!! That's simply amazing if you're natural! Not saying you're lying at all, but keeping that size while being that lean is very impressive. So I'm assuming by your reply, you're natural? How heavy do you get off-season compared to competition weight?

BFGUITAR
05-22-2007, 02:35 PM

Well there are many reasons why people assume others are on gear

1) Too good to be true
2) Apparently its commen for BBers to use gear

Im sure there are others but I cant think of any.

curqleez
05-23-2007, 08:05 AM
O.k.....at 220 lbs, what's your daily protein intake? (grams)

300 grams/day

curqleez
05-23-2007, 08:08 AM
The size, separation and vascularity you have!! That's simply amazing if you're natural! Not saying you're lying at all, but keeping that size while being that lean is very impressive. So I'm assuming by your reply, you're natural? How heavy do you get off-season compared to competition weight?

Vascularity? This is the STEAK HOUSE EFFECT.

Keith
05-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Vascularity? This is the STEAK HOUSE EFFECT.

Jesus.

EDIT: How heavy do you get off-season compared to competition weight?

Sidior
05-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Awesome pics bro. Do you hope to one day attain a pro card?

This is not directed at anyone in particular but I have an issue. Anytime someone comes on to this site and posts impressive pictures, the first question out of everyones mouth is are you natural? I have been guilty of this in the past as well and now realize just how idiotic this is. We all know steroids are illegal. Why do we expect members who use (not suggesting you OP, just in general) to share such personal information with us, randoms on the internet. It is great when members who use decide to share their knowledge with us, but to expect it is silly.

I guess my point is, stop asking if members use. It is none of your damn business.

RBB
05-23-2007, 09:18 AM
looking really good, bro. sick conditioning. you look considerably bigger than 170 in the contest pics. how tall are you?

Keith
05-23-2007, 09:33 AM
This is not directed at anyone in particular but I have an issue. Anytime someone comes on to this site and posts impressive pictures, the first question out of everyones mouth is are you natural? I have been guilty of this in the past as well and now realize just how idiotic this is. We all know steroids are illegal. Why do we expect members who use (not suggesting you OP, just in general) to share such personal information with us, randoms on the internet. It is great when members who use decide to share their knowledge with us, but to expect it is silly.

I guess my point is, stop asking if members use. It is none of your damn business.

You're right, it's not anyones business to know. But someone like me is curious and asking to lead up to another question, "What weight did you get to before starting?" It's a question that I'm sure people have if they consider starting in the near future just to have a general idea of when to start based on a number of things. If people take it personally or don't care to share, by all means I respect that and I'll leave it alone. If it were me, I could care less about random people on the internet knowing, I would be more concerned with family/friends knowing.

curqleez
05-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Awesome pics bro. Do you hope to one day attain a pro card?

Thank you for that comment. Yes I do hope to obtain my pro card. I will be doing the Jr. nationals next year then most likely the NATIONALs the following year. Just gotta be consistant.

Thank you

p.s 4,000 plus post f--k:omg:

curqleez
05-23-2007, 10:04 AM
looking really good, bro. sick conditioning. you look considerably bigger than 170 in the contest pics. how tall are you?

Thank you. I'm 5'10''

bill
05-23-2007, 10:10 AM

For shizzle lol, is that what you young guys say now!

curqleez
05-23-2007, 10:17 AM
For shizzle lol, is that what you young say now!

fo shizzle my nizzle. lol

Sidior
05-23-2007, 11:03 AM
You're right, it's not anyones business to know. But someone like me is curious and asking to lead up to another question, "What weight did you get to before starting?" It's a question that I'm sure people have if they consider starting in the near future just to have a general idea of when to start based on a number of things. If people take it personally or don't care to share, by all means I respect that and I'll leave it alone. If it were me, I could care less about random people on the internet knowing, I would be more concerned with family/friends knowing.

Wasnt trying to make it a shot at you even though I realize it may have come across that way. It is just that even questions such as the one you posed as a follow up really are so individual and vary so much that it serves no real purpose.

Keith
05-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Wasnt trying to make it a shot at you even though I realize it may have come across that way. It is just that even questions such as the one you posed as a follow up really are so individual and vary so much that it serves no real purpose.

It served me a purpose because of the reasons I listed in my previous post. But I do understand your point. With things that are that personal, certain people may take offense to it. So a PM may be a better route.

Clifford Gillmore
05-23-2007, 04:00 PM
p.s 4,000 plus post f--k:omg:

Whats wrong with having a few posts.... Tehee :)

Looking awesome man! Your lats are looking fantastic, going to competing again this year?

getfit
05-23-2007, 04:20 PM
looking real good.Nice work.

curqleez
05-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Whats wrong with having a few posts.... Tehee :)

Looking awesome man! Your lats are looking fantastic, going to competing again this year?

taking this year off to grow plus I'm getting married in june. I will be doing the Jr Nationals in 08.

Thank you all

Beast
05-24-2007, 08:22 AM
5'10" 170lb in those pics??? I find it very hard to believe, but ok!

markfromaurora
05-27-2007, 06:51 PM
pretty craazy

curqleez
05-30-2007, 02:51 PM
5'10" 170lb in those pics??? I find it very hard to believe, but ok!

And why is that? Go to www.usamuscle.com and there is proof.

curqleez
10-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Been away for a while but I'm back

Rizzle
10-12-2007, 10:21 AM
geeze, you look amazing for 170 in those pics.
How old were you when u first started pushing weights around?

curqleez
10-12-2007, 01:43 PM
geeze, you look amazing for 170 in those pics.
How old were you when u first started pushing weights around?

13 yo

LibertyDante
10-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Are you natural?

natediesel
10-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Basicly I focus on getting protien down the hatch every 3 hours have it be a protien shake or fried chicken from the curb store or a good ole home made hamburger with cheese. Carbs and fat just follow. I have to eat alot of calories to grow but I stay lean while doing this. Not contest lean but prob around 10%. Consistant protien consumption is the key. I also try to get a shake in, in the middle of the night and the first thing when I wake up so thats an exra 120g of protien that most people don't get. I also add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to those also.

You eat fried chicken and cheeseburgers and look like that? I'm jealous of your dna and apparent willpower in regards to diet control. Have you posted anywhere how you train?

curqleez
10-15-2007, 09:35 AM
You eat fried chicken and cheeseburgers and look like that? I'm jealous of your dna and apparent willpower in regards to diet control. Have you posted anywhere how you train?

Don't get me wrong. Offseason thats the kind of stuff I eat but come contest time it's supper strict with lots of cardio.

Beno79
10-15-2007, 04:37 PM
whats your routine like, and how many days a week do you train?

j_man_honda
10-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Are you natural?

Huh, he never answered this question.

Sidior
10-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Are you natural?

Have you guys ever used illegal drugs and then decided to broadcast it to the world?

SW
10-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Doesn't pay to be an ass and push questions someone obviously chooses not to broadcast, guys.

Curt, welcome back. We need more knowledgable people around, and I've gotten into the bbing side of things as of late (pling used to be my passion) and I want to say what you've accomplished for yourself recently is amazing. Props.

So, how's the married life? :D

bill
10-16-2007, 05:36 PM
I saw a whole thread at bb.com about a guy claiming natural. He was not IMO. but claimed it. If people are not claiming to be then why ask a question about it. Some you have been around long enough to know what is achievable natty and what isn't.

Cards
10-16-2007, 06:58 PM
he already said earlier that he's been training for 15 years, I feel like if people read all the posts they would find the answer to the questions they ask....

chris mason
10-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Enough with the questions about him being natural or not. If he is great, if not, it doesn't make sense to write it on an internet board so that it can be referenced at any time. Make sense?

Anyway, you have a guy with a nice physique come here and offer to help. Take him up on the offer.

Cirino83
10-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Enough with the questions about him being natural or not. If he is great, if not, it doesn't make sense to write it on an internet board so that it can be referenced at any time. Make sense?

Anyway, you have a guy with a nice physique come here and offer to help. Take him up on the offer.

+1 agreed.

zela
10-17-2007, 12:34 PM
sick!! wish i could sit and talk to you about bodybuilding for a day!

curqleez
10-18-2007, 11:41 AM

Not trying to bee rude but the reason I didn't answer this question is because it's not anyones buisness. If you think I am then thanks. I take it as a compliment.

curqleez
10-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Doesn't pay to be an ass and push questions someone obviously chooses not to broadcast, guys.

Curt, welcome back. We need more knowledgable people around, and I've gotten into the bbing side of things as of late (pling used to be my passion) and I want to say what you've accomplished for yourself recently is amazing. Props.

So, how's the married life? :D

Thanks, the married life is great. It's like bodybuilding, you get out what you put in it.

curqleez
10-18-2007, 11:54 AM
whats your routine like, and how many days a week do you train?

It takes 5 days a week for me to hit every body part. I don't neglect anything. I switched to DC style traning about 8 months ago. To be honest it worked for a while but my gains began to slow in the past few months. I have just recently started back doing volume training (about 8-10 working sets per body part) and my gains have took off. What I got out of this is change is good. Don't stick to the same routing for a long time. Do things different.
I'm still eating off season food but whats most important is a consistant flow of protien in the system around the clock. You want get big unless you eat big. But consistancy is the key. Don't miss a meal. If you go out on the weekends and party and go 4 or more hours without eating the you don't want it verry bad.

Big-E
10-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Wow is all I can say! Your 15 years of hard work really shows!

curqleez
10-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Just to clear things up, these pics were from the 2003 coll nationals. I had been training for about 9 years. I first picked up a weight at 12 years old but really didn't start eating good and gaining utill I graduated from Jr. college.
I'm recently preparing for the Jr. Nationals next year and sitting at a fairly lean 215lbs right now. So I have put on ALOT of muscle since those pics were taken. I plan to go up to 225 then about 16 weeks out from the show I will start my diet and hope to come in at 195-198 peeled lbs.

Thank You everyone

Keith
10-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Have any updated pics? Amazing progress if you're sitting at a lean 215 btw!!

curqleez
10-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Just a few more

curqleez
10-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Have any updated pics? Amazing progress if you're sitting at a lean 215 btw!!

None recent but I will be taking some soon. Thanks just been busting ass and being consistant.

djreef
10-18-2007, 04:22 PM

The problem with this is if he is using, then any advice that he may be willing/able to offer to someone who is not using is going to be close to meaningless, and in fact may actually present itself as dangerous. I think that it's clearly understood that the rules are completely different for someone who is assisted. Not clarifying this is misleading. Already, the dietary info he's presented does no one in an unassisted state any favors. Anyone could read his format for training and diet, similar to the advice we used to get in the Weider rags, and assume that this will work for them. It didn't serve us then, and it won't serve folks now. Chris, I can understand why you'd want his presence here on WBB. He's experienced and he looks great, but come on. I can't believe you don't see the relative harm in having someone, who may be using, dispensing advice, under false pretenses, to those who do not.

DJ

fpr
10-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Do they test for 'roids at these competitions?

How come your abs seem all scrunched up, is it cause they're being flexed? (not criticizing just asking).

Keith
10-18-2007, 06:11 PM

How come your abs seem all scrunched up, is it cause they're being flexed? (not criticizing just asking).

Lol don't bother going there. With either question.

fpr
10-18-2007, 08:58 PM
:confused:

The first question didn't relate to him, I was just wondering if they check or not, and what's wrong with the second one... honestly when it comes to steroids I'm completely oblivious.... I see what you mean though, we don't want this to carry off into left field. I would appreciate a PM though. :)

curqleez
10-19-2007, 06:58 AM

You must be new to bb.

curqleez
10-19-2007, 07:03 AM

Some do some don't.

My abbs were not fully developed but yes they were scrunched up.

Good luck man your beginning pics look good. Just read alot.

RBB
10-19-2007, 07:24 AM
The problem with this is if he is using, then any advice that he may be willing/able to offer to someone who is not using is going to be close to meaningless, and in fact may actually present itself as dangerous. I think that it's clearly understood that the rules are completely different for someone who is assisted. Not clarifying this is misleading. Already, the dietary info he's presented does no one in an unassisted state any favors. Anyone could read his format for training and diet, similar to the advice we used to get in the Weider rags, and assume that this will work for them. It didn't serve us then, and it won't serve folks now. Chris, I can understand why you'd want his presence here on WBB. He's experienced and he looks great, but come on. I can't believe you don't see the relative harm in having someone, who may be using, dispensing advice, under false pretenses, to those who do not.

DJ

you really think you have nothing to learn from someone just because they're using? the same basic principles of diet and training don't apply to someone who is juicing? think again, buddy. you might not be able to follow their advice down to the t, but there's still a hell of a lot you can learn.

old pics look good curqleez. post up some new ones, bro.

fpr
10-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Hey thanks for the reply.
Yes, I'm new to weightlifting/bb'ing. As of October I've been doing it for 3 months. I've read some of your advice, and I'll take as much as i can get, thanks!

Some do some don't.

My abbs were not fully developed but yes they were scrunched up.

Good luck man your beginning pics look good. Just read alot.

curqleez
10-19-2007, 08:54 AM

DJ

I disagree totally

curqleez
10-19-2007, 09:00 AM
you really think you have nothing to learn from someone just because they're using? the same basic principles of diet and training don't apply to someone who is juicing? think again, buddy. you might not be able to follow their advice down to the t, but there's still a hell of a lot you can learn.

old pics look good curqleez. post up some new ones, bro.

You are correct. The only difference between someone who uses and somone who don't is recovery. If your natural and want to grow, your diet has to be verry sound. If you use supper suppliments and want to grow, your diet has to be verry sound as well. Food is food and training is training bottom line. If you use stuff then you may recover faster.

curqleez
10-19-2007, 09:03 AM

DJ

Could you please explain how it could "present itself as dangerous", and why "the rules are completly different". Don't hate participate.

bill
10-19-2007, 09:12 AM
OP glad you responded to this

djreef
10-19-2007, 12:18 PM
First of all, I'm not hating. I'm as 'free will' a person as you're prob ever going to meet. I have absolutely no problem with you doing with your body whatever you please. If you choose to use anabolic enhancements, that is your business, and I do not judge you. I think you look fantastic, and I know you've busted your ass to acheive what you have. My problem is with the disclosure aspect. The representing yourself, if in fact you are using, as someone who does not. Look, I'm not trying to dog you, I just think that truth and honesty is being replace by something considerably less honorable in our society. I respect guys like RBB who can step up and admit when they've cycled and then justify the reasoning behind their actions. That's when the rest of us really learn.

OK, now to address my points. The rules are different concerning, first and foremost, in recovery rates. We know that recovery is dramatically enhanced while using anablic steroids. If you were using, for you to honestly answer questions pertaining to diet and training, you would have to list reps, sets, volume, etc. Without disclosure the uninformed might assume that this style of training is acceptable for everyone. Unfortunately, the volume capable for someone assisted is not feasable for someone who isn't. This may lead to overtraining injuries (the dangerous part). As far as diet is concerned, those who 'use' have considerably more lattitude with what they can consume than those who don't. That's the luxury of having even crap foods like fried chicken, being converted to muscle and energy, as opposed to fat. I don't think it's been that long since, as ignorant newbs, guys in my generation were all trying to duplicate the workouts from Flex, and M&F that guys like Gaspari, Yates, and Haney were doing. Unfortunately, they made it a point to omit certain aspects of their supplementation. Talk about an entire generation of young cats spinning their wheels. God, I wish I could have those years of wasted time back. I just would hate to see that manifested all over again to others who might not know better.

DJ

bill
10-20-2007, 08:05 PM
djreef you have a lot of this backwards, you actually want to be more strict on the diet while on. Basically for most, they do the same routine on or off. Some naturals any more don't believe in pushing hard in the gym, people are overly worried about overtraining now days.

smalls
10-20-2007, 08:25 PM
First of all, I'm not hating. I'm as 'free will' a person as you're prob ever going to meet. I have absolutely no problem with you doing with your body whatever you please. If you choose to use anabolic enhancements, that is your business, and I do not judge you. I think you look fantastic, and I know you've busted your ass to acheive what you have. My problem is with the disclosure aspect. The representing yourself, if in fact you are using, as someone who does not. Look, I'm not trying to dog you, I just think that truth and honesty is being replace by something considerably less honorable in our society. I respect guys like RBB who can step up and admit when they've cycled and then justify the reasoning behind their actions. That's when the rest of us really learn.

OK, now to address my points. The rules are different concerning, first and foremost, in recovery rates. We know that recovery is dramatically enhanced while using anablic steroids. If you were using, for you to honestly answer questions pertaining to diet and training, you would have to list reps, sets, volume, etc. Without disclosure the uninformed might assume that this style of training is acceptable for everyone. Unfortunately, the volume capable for someone assisted is not feasable for someone who isn't. This may lead to overtraining injuries (the dangerous part). As far as diet is concerned, those who 'use' have considerably more lattitude with what they can consume than those who don't. That's the luxury of having even crap foods like fried chicken, being converted to muscle and energy, as opposed to fat. I don't think it's been that long since, as ignorant newbs, guys in my generation were all trying to duplicate the workouts from Flex, and M&F that guys like Gaspari, Yates, and Haney were doing. Unfortunately, they made it a point to omit certain aspects of their supplementation. Talk about an entire generation of young cats spinning their wheels. God, I wish I could have those years of wasted time back. I just would hate to see that manifested all over again to others who might not know better.

DJ

I think most people have no idea what drugs really do and how they change someones dietary needs, physical ability and overal requirements for growth. There are no principles that change, there is no fried chicken being converted to muscle without fat. Obviously certain things are improved, increased, or decreased. But the extent of those things are so overexagereated and excused it gets old. Genetics are a much stronger factor in how a person is able to slack or not and still be a lean/monster. When Lee Priest's 3 forearm session per week routine doesnt work on newbs, its not because there natural, but because there not Lee freakin Priest.

My wife follows the same routine I do, exactly, except now that she works 12 hour days on her feet she skips one weight training session per week (usually arms/shoulders as arms are strong point). I actually encourage her to drop the volume, but she refuses. She trains with more intensity than 99% of the people in any gym, and gets comments or her lifts, physique and intensity FAR more than I ever have. She is lifelong natural and eats ****in 1500 cals a day and lives on low carbs always. Yet somehow me and her are physiologically completely different and should eat/train different?

I think your post had an overall correct idea. But how drugs change someones progress, routine or the validity of their advice is WAY overstated. My wife will give you the same advice I would, she natty, i'm not. The principles apply, always.

Chubrock
10-20-2007, 09:02 PM
The principles apply, always.

But, but, but...

curqleez
10-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Yep. Genitics play a huge role. My contest diet will consist of high protien, low carbs and moderate fat. I will be doing Dave Pulubos diet and hopefully working direcly under him for the Jr. Nationals.

BTW guys check me out in muscular development comming out next month.

TwiloMike
10-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Looking excellent.

curqleez
10-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Looking excellent.

Thanks Bro

curqleez
10-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Guy's check out my 15 min of fame ine the new MD on page 50 and tell how it would make you feel if you got your pic in a magazine and had Greg Valintino crack some downgrading ******ed ass joke about you like he did me. Terrible on his part to do something like that and downgrade bodybuilding instead of promoting it like everyone should. Look what he said about the other guy on the next page. ****ED UP

fpr
10-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Is it in the October issue? I went to the magazine rack to check it out but November was already on the shelf... didn't see it.

curqleez
10-29-2007, 07:10 AM
[QUOTE=fpr;1813729]Is it in the October issue? I went to the magazine rack to check it out but November was already on the shelf... didn't see it.[/QUOTE

I guess it's not as bad as I thought just happy to be in there. It's the newest issue. Just came out. Has Erik (the house) Fankhouser on the cover doing leg press. page 50

curqleez
10-29-2007, 09:48 AM
It's the december issue. Been out about a week now. Prob still have old ones on shelf till end of month in some places.

Keith
10-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Sweet. I'll check it out.

fpr
10-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, they had the November on the shelf -- so they already have the December issue out, and it's only October? Wow, they pump these out fast.

bill
10-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Can't wait to check it out.

fpr
11-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Hey man, saw the article in the store today, pretty damn cool! I didn't see your "after partying in college too hard" pic (that's how I interpreted it, was there supposed to be one?). I think that you're taking what Gregg Valentino wrote the wrong way. It's just crude humor, they probably want him to write that way, especially since he's a New Yorker (right?) :P

curqleez
11-05-2007, 07:01 AM
There was suppose to be another pic. I am really happy the he put at least one pic in there and I know Gregg has to write stuff like that.