PDA

View Full Version : Chicago area

Hazerboy
05-22-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm moving to chicago for school in september. I won't be playing any varsity athletics, and I might participate in a few intramural sports, but I'd really like to compete in a few powerlifting competitions here and there. Anyone know of a website/resource where I can find a league of some sorts?

WestsideWarrior
05-22-2007, 12:13 PM
www.chicagopowerlifting.com

Try going there, and post in their forums.

vdizenzo
05-22-2007, 12:16 PM
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/

Scroll down a little and look to the left where you will find links for the various powerlifting federations. Do you plan on competing in gear (bench shirts, squat suits, etc.) or raw?

vdizenzo
05-22-2007, 12:17 PM

Try going there, and post in their forums.

Nice find WW :bow:

Guido
05-22-2007, 12:53 PM

Try going there, and post in their forums.Yep. That is a place I frequent, as my team has it's own forum there (Illini Powerlifting). There are plenty of meets in the area. In fact, I (and a few teammates) plan on doing the APF Summer Bash on June 30th in Willowbrook.

waynedang
05-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Guido I think Roger Ryan is doing the bash this year. it is a great meet.

Talking_God
05-22-2007, 06:17 PM
See if your school has a powerlifting club..it's possible you could get introduced to meets that way. I plan on doing that when I go to college next year.

Hazerboy
05-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Hah, the University of a Chicago is a total nerd school.

I plan on competing raw, at least until I get some experience. Someday if I get more serious about it I might consider using gear.

Guido
05-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Guido I think Roger Ryan is doing the bash this year. it is a great meet.It is. This will my 3rd year in a row doing it!

Guido
05-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Hah, the University of a Chicago is a total nerd school.

I plan on competing raw, at least until I get some experience. Someday if I get more serious about it I might consider using gear.I'm pretty sure they have their own PL team. I swear I've seen a website for it.