PDA

View Full Version : eating all natural cookies okay if you trying to bulk

future_engineer
05-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Before you say"what a stupid question" let me explain my problem. I have been working out a lot latley. I have looked for new sources to find calories. Drinking a whole milk yogurt with two types of powder is not enough. With that I eat outmeal with maple syrup. I 'might even throw in a bannana.

But I am still losing wieght. I am lifting a lot mostly cause its fun to push yourself very hard. I have been eating three all organic cookies for calories. I have a VERY fast metabolism so I suppose this is needed.

Oh and I can't have wheat...

ADT
05-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Do you have a name brand or a link for these "organic cookies" that you speak of? My guess is that they would have a medium-to-high sugar content per cookie.

You are losing weight because you aren't eating enough to compensate for all the physical activity you are getting. (If you want to gain muscle or weight, you should be overcompensating with an addtional calorie intake for this output of energy by eating more.) What is your weight? How many days a week do you exercise? How many hours a day do you exercise? How many calories per day do you consume?

You mentioned it is fun for you to push yourself. That is great. You need to also inject this element of "fun" into consuming more clean calories.

Calories are easy to come by. You just need to know where to look.

Have you tried eating my avatar?

Best,
ADT

Behemoth
05-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Fast metabolism... losing weight... you're asking if it's ok to eat something organic? If you're truly trying that hard and not gaining weight I applaud you for asking if it's ok to eat something like that. A lot of people would be downing dbl cheesburgers by now. I really see no problem with it.

future_engineer
05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
I can't eat peanuts...

allergic which sucks

and I work out about 6 days a week an hour each time

I squat and bench 3 times a week

squating 55 pounds on each side 6 tim es

and it is easy so I am moving up. Ditto to the bench(same)

I have had peeps WATCH my squat, bench,leg curl, curl, push up

lat pull down,lat dumbell pull ups and much more

I don't mind eating whatever it takes.

But what IS whatever it takes.

list some healthy foods with craploads of calories if you can

by craploads I MEAN craploads!

Mr. D
05-22-2007, 04:58 PM
PEANUT BUTTER
WHOLE EGGS
OATMEAL
WHOLE MILK
and the list goes on and on

future_engineer
05-22-2007, 05:00 PM
I already eat oatmeal,wholemilk yogurt and eggs

I must not be eating enough of them.

any links to a huge list?

ddegroff
05-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Are you tracking calories? If not start.

Search for what a BB eats thread, that'll get you started.

Eat the damn cookies.

Mr. D
05-22-2007, 05:22 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

ADT
05-22-2007, 05:28 PM
I already eat oatmeal,wholemilk yogurt and eggs

I must not be eating enough of them.

any links to a huge list?

Patience, future engineer, patience. You'll get there. That being said, being allergic to wheat and peanuts could cause a few setbacks.

Here is the link to "What a Bodybuilder Eats"
http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565&highlight=bodybuilder+eats

I hope this helps. Remember, you will have to eat more servings of these foods to get in the extra calories you need.

I would like to point out that at this time we have yet to see the following:
1) Your current weight.
2) An average of calories consumed daily.

Please post these statistics so we (and more importantly, you) can progress in this thread.

Best,
ADT

Bako Lifter
05-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Dude, double-cheesburgers are $1. Get some.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Dude, double-cheesburgers are $1. Get some.Where are double cheeseburgers a dollar?

Behemoth
05-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Haha, what did I tell you...

KingWilder
05-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Where are double cheeseburgers a dollar?

McDonalds!!!!!!

470 calories in each one

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-22-2007, 11:15 PM
McDonald's is nasty. I'll keep getting my double doubles at In-N-Out (700 calories) or the 4x4 (4 slices of meat). One of the best fast food burgers you can buy. Mmm...

future_engineer
05-23-2007, 07:29 AM
um, I thought those were bad for you

Unreal
05-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Fat is your friend. Add olive oil to your oats, shakes, etc. Butter, cheese, red meat, etc.

What is your currently daily calories and how long have you been at that level?

Optimum08
05-23-2007, 08:27 AM
do you have a link to these "all-natural" cookies?

Anthony
05-23-2007, 09:00 AM
You don't have a fast metabolism. You have a small appetite.

smokinHawk
05-23-2007, 09:40 AM
why do you work the same muscle groups 3 times a week?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-23-2007, 02:36 PM
You don't have a fast metabolism. You have a small appetite.:withstupi

You just have to force yourself to eat sometimes. When your stomach adjusts...your appetite will go up...it did for me, at least.

FreeRider
05-23-2007, 07:26 PM
:withstupi

You just have to force yourself to eat sometimes. When your stomach adjusts...your appetite will go up...it did for me, at least.

I agree with both. I have been adding weight...but I was pussy footing about it. So I decided to balls up and EAT! I noticed lately I have been crazy hungry! I am only about 150lbs and eat 4000cal a day...will have to report back in a week or so to let you know if that works (just upped the cals....again), but track your cals man!
I know lots of people that tell me "Yeh man, I eat like easily 5000 cal a day!"...most are amazed at the sizes of my lunches...and when I tell them I am only cramming down 4000 a day, they rethink.]

Track what you eat EXACTLY! Consuming #### calories on monday and saturday dosnt count either! You need to eat you #### cals every day!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-23-2007, 11:43 PM
You'll get to the point where you feel like gnawing off your arm for calories if you're not constantly eating. =\