PDA

View Full Version : Nitrean prices higher :(

kingnike12
05-23-2007, 01:39 AM
Today, I went to atlarge for the first time in a while and I see that the price of nitrean has gone up. I was just about to order it but then the prices stopped me from doing so. What's with the price increase?

Joe Black
05-23-2007, 04:21 AM
Hi,

We have increased the price of Nitrean to $42.95, as of yesterday. There are a number of reasons for the price jump, the main one being an increase in costs for us.

You may or may not have noticed that the price of many of the protein products in the market have risen sharply lately and this is a result of an increase of costs for raw ingredients.

We have been considering a price jump for some time, mainly because we knew that the increase in cost was no its way... but also honestly.. we feel Nitrean was too low a price point considering the quality of the product and the cost to produce it in general, even before the increase in costs.

We still feel we are VERY competitive in the market, remember Nitrean is a high quality protein blend and we believe our protein matrix is FAR superior to both whey only products and other blends on the market. In terms of price point we also believe we are VERY competitive in the blend market (under most) and in terms of value for money - blow away the whey products on the market.

On top of a high quality product which will get you the best results from your hard work in the gym, we also provide superior customer service - just search the forums. You won't find a bad word and an insane amount of compliments on our personal service and turnaround times.

Plus, purchasing from ALN directly supports Wannabebig (articles and forums) which is free for everyone to use and there are no plans to do anything but keep things free for people.

I guess to summarise, we are not trying to be cheapest. We believe we have one of the best protein products on the market - great taste, high quality ingredients and ordering with us is a pleasant experience. Considering all of that, we believe our prices are very competitive.

Thanks,

Daniel

chris mason
05-23-2007, 05:12 AM
What Daniel said plus:

- We have also introduced a 2.2 lbs jug of Nitrean which is priced under $30 in order to provide our more budget minded customers a chance to use the best protein-only product on the market.

- Nitrean is still an incredible deal. The closest ON product in quality of protein matrix is their Pro Complex. Nitrean is priced BELOW what Bb.com is charging for a 5 lbs tub of Pro Complex. Pro Complex's protein matrix is good, but still falls short of what is included in Nitrean. The choice is simple, Nitrean is the best!

- In the end, you have to make a decision, is it worth is to pay a few extra dollars to get the best protein supplement on the market? You bust your ass in the gym, you watch your diet, all in the hopes of gaining some extra muscle or losing some fat. Is all of that effort, is looking the best you can not worth a few extra bucks to know you are supplying your body with the best supplemental protein you can get? I know my answer, and the answer of the athletes I work with and associate with. Men's Health recommends Nitrean, and Westside Barbell recommends Nitrean. Why do you think the number 1 fitness magazine and the number 1 hardcore strength facility in the world recommend it? It's the BEST!!!

Chris

Relentless
05-23-2007, 05:44 AM
There is a good thread here: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=96837&page=2 that discusses the cost of Nitrean.

Even with the increase, it's still cheaper per gram of protein (including shipping to Canada!) than going out to your local store and buying milk and generic whey.

That doesn't even include the fact that I've never had a protein powder that mixed as well or as easily as Nitrean. The fact that I can throw it in a nalgene bottle with some WATER, shake it up and drink it and it tastes good and is well mixed is worth a LOT to me as a protein shake consumer. I'm just a regular joe weightlifter and weekend athlete so I don't know how much weight my opinion holds compared to some of the folks CHris mentioned as recommending Nitrean. But I do know that I've spent thousands of dollars on protein over the last 15 years. I originally tried Nitrean because I wanted to support ALN. I have continued using Nitrean because it is awesome.

Cheers,
R

smokinHawk
05-23-2007, 05:57 AM
didnt you guys just raise it last month due to price increases?
I take it it just went up again.
bout as bad as gasoline, or it probably went up cause of fuel costs..

Joe Black
05-23-2007, 06:03 AM
We did bump it a touch a few months ago, yep.

We have actually seen more costs increases than we have made price bumps as we have eaten a couple to help put off price increases. So, we're really just bringing things in line now.

The main thing to keep in mind is the prices of other blends (Chris pointed out probably the closest product to ours) and also actually the price of whey (far less value for money). When you really start considering direct comparisons and value for money across other whey products, Nitrean is superb value for money at the current price point.

KingWilder
05-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Holy Hell

I'm so glad I ordered some 3 days ago when it was still like $39...please don't go any higher, it was already a strain at 39...but now $42

ahhhhhhh

EDIT: you guys can try and spin the price increase as much as you want, but it's still a lot now...even if it is the best

I'd say it's still reasonable as long as it doesn't increase again...do you think it will?

chris mason
05-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Holy Hell

I'm so glad I ordered some 3 days ago when it was still like $39...please don't go any higher, it was already a strain at 39...but now $42

ahhhhhhh

EDIT: you guys can try and spin the price increase as much as you want, but it's still a lot now...even if it is the best

I'd say it's still reasonable as long as it doesn't increase again...do you think it will?

No, we do not forsee any increase for an extended period of time.

We are not spinning anything, we are telling you the truth. The product is a premium product which costs us significantly more to produce than many of the products which we are compared to. It costs more because of the specific formulation we use. We use that formulation because we know it is the best. A little secret, we use that formulation because that is what I want to use. Why? I want the best darn protein I can get my hands on and that is what I want to sell to others!

smokinHawk
05-23-2007, 09:37 AM
ever think of making a low entry protein too (along with the good stuff) so us cheapies have a choice?

Sensei
05-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Geez guys, if you want cheap, go to the supermarket and buy some milk and eggs...

I'm not a mod and I don't sell Nitrean, but it's a great product and ALN is giving back to lifters through sponsorships and the forum. Trust me, most supplement companies don't do jack for the communities they sell to... That alone is enough reason for me to get the products.

chris mason
05-23-2007, 09:56 AM
ever think of making a low entry protein too (along with the good stuff) so us cheapies have a choice?

Yes, and the current wholesale pricing for raw whey is so ridiculous that it just doesn't make sense to do so. That may change in the future.

For the budget minded, as I mentioned above, we now have 2.2 lbs Nitrean jugs. You can use less Nitrean than any whey-only product and get as good or better results. If you are on a budget, buy a 2.2 lbs jug of Nitrean and fuel your body with the best.

Chris

Joe Black
05-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Bear in mind that above I made the point that most of the whey products have gone up in price over the last month or so and this has really stopped us offering a whey as an entry product. Simple because its not THAT much cheaper any more.

We didn't really want to do a whey in the first place, we believe its inferior to a blend but would do it to ensure our customers have something at a lower price point. its just not possible at the moment but as Chris said, may change going forward.

ray34iyf
05-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Argghhh....I hate being a poor college student!!

djreef
05-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Geez guys, if you want cheap, go to the supermarket and buy some milk and eggs... .

Man, milk ain't so cheap anymore. Like Chris said, raw costs are going up. Everything is going up. It sux because my income isn't keeping pace.

DJ

KingWilder
05-23-2007, 11:57 AM
OH and I just got my Nitrean order which I placed Monday...speedy delivery as always guys, thanks!

chris mason
05-23-2007, 01:31 PM
OH and I just got my Nitrean order which I placed Monday...speedy delivery as always guys, thanks!

You are very welcome! Thank you!

Chris

sharkall2003
05-23-2007, 02:16 PM
I have yet to buy Nitrean, but I will say whey protein is reaching sky high on the price comparison scale. I just paid nearly 70 dollars for 10 lbs and the stuff I got was not as good as Nitrean. Just some words for thought.

chris mason
05-23-2007, 02:38 PM
I have yet to buy Nitrean, but I will say whey protein is reaching sky high on the price comparison scale. I just paid nearly 70 dollars for 10 lbs and the stuff I got was not as good as Nitrean. Just some words for thought.

Give us a try, you will not regret it. Your body will appreciate it!

sharkall2003
05-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Give us a try, you will not regret it. Your body will appreciate it!

I have been considering it for quite awhile. Before I didn't get it because I didn't have enough money for both Nitrean and Nitor and I didn't want to pay for shipping two different times. Plus, I want to get a big order and get your shirt. I'm an advocate for high quality products, and I think the products your company sells is right up there. I will be giving it a try when money allows.

RedSpikeyThing
05-23-2007, 02:56 PM
I haven't priced my local products in a while, but it looks like I won't be able to afford your product any longer. The shipping to Canada and the fees at the border make it too high for my poor college-student's budget. I really like Nitrean and like to support this site, so maybe I'll buy a t-shirt or something ;)

Either way, thanks for the great product!

weak sauce
05-23-2007, 03:25 PM

whatd you get?

chris mason
05-23-2007, 03:38 PM
whatd you get?

I would guess ON's product. Their prices have gone up as of late (as has everyone's).

Chris

Levantar
05-23-2007, 04:41 PM
What Daniel said plus:

- We have also introduced a 2.2 lbs jug of Nitrean which is priced under $30 in order to provide our more budget minded customers a chance to use the best protein-only product on the market.

- Nitrean is still an incredible deal. The closest ON product in quality of protein matrix is their Pro Complex. Nitrean is priced BELOW what Bb.com is charging for a 5 lbs tub of Pro Complex. Pro Complex's protein matrix is good, but still falls short of what is included in Nitrean. The choice is simple, Nitrean is the best!

- In the end, you have to make a decision, is it worth is to pay a few extra dollars to get the best protein supplement on the market? You bust your ass in the gym, you watch your diet, all in the hopes of gaining some extra muscle or losing some fat. Is all of that effort, is looking the best you can not worth a few extra bucks to know you are supplying your body with the best supplemental protein you can get? I know my answer, and the answer of the athletes I work with and associate with. Men's Health recommends Nitrean, and Westside Barbell recommends Nitrean. Why do you think the number 1 fitness magazine and the number 1 hardcore strength facility in the world recommend it? It's the BEST!!!

Chris

HMMMMMM, It's weird...the last time you raised prices I received a special e-mail and read a post in this forum about how, when , and why the price increase was happening.

Linky: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=91346&highlight=price+increase

A step that was appreciated by myself and probably many others on this forum. However this time (as with the ETS increase) you have chosen to just make the price increase and not tell anyone before doing so. Obviously you run your business the way you want to but I for one appreciated they way you handled your previous price increase.

Why would "budget minded consumers" want to pay $12.76 per lb of Nitrean instead of $9.34 per lb?

Having Men's health recomend something means nothing to me. I wonder how much weight that reccomendation carries with the rest of the WANNABEBIG community?

Joe Black
05-23-2007, 05:00 PM
HMMMMMM, It's weird...the last time you raised prices I received a special e-mail and read a post in this forum about how, when , and why the price increase was happening.

Linky: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=91346&highlight=price+increase

A step that was appreciated by myself and probably many others on this forum. However this time (as with the ETS increase) you have chosen to just make the price increase and not tell anyone before doing so. Obviously you run your business the way you want to but I for one appreciated they way you handled your previous price increase.

It's never easy raising prices and there are advantages and disadcantages to making a noise about it and not. We obviously have to make a decision one way or another and opted to a bump without making too much of a noise about it but of course answering any questions that come up as a result]

Why would "budget minded consumers" want to pay $12.76 per lb of Nitrean instead of $9.34 per lb?

By budget minded, we mean perhaps customers who don't have the money to shell out $42.95, as a few have already started is a touch too much. It gives people the opportunity to give it a try or use it sparingly and pay a lower price point if the one off payment is an issue.

Having Men's health recomend something means nothing to me. I wonder how much weight that reccomendation carries with the rest of the WANNABEBIG community?

Potentially not that much on Wannabebig, but remember that Wannabebig is only a part of our customer base and it does carry a fair amount of weight with many customers. An unsolicted recommendation in one of the most popular fitness manazines is a big compliment in our eyes.

You can pick holes in any news story or communication and people will intepret certain parts as they wish, so we're not overly worried about the issues you have brought up. Thanks for making them all the same :)

Levantar
05-23-2007, 05:12 PM
It's never easy raising prices and there are advantages and disadcantages to making a noise about it and not. We obviously have to make a decision one way or another and opted to a bump without making too much of a noise about it but of course answering any questions that come up as a result]

By budget minded, we mean perhaps customers who don't have the money to shell out $42.95, as a few have already started is a touch too much. It gives people the opportunity to give it a try or use it sparingly and pay a lower price point if the one off payment is an issue.

Potentially not that much on Wannabebig, but remember that Wannabebig is only a part of our customer base and it does carry a fair amount of weight with many customers. An unsolicted recommendation in one of the most popular fitness manazines is a big compliment in our eyes.

You can pick holes in any news story or communication and people will intepret certain parts as they wish, so we're not overly worried about the issues you have brought up. Thanks for making them all the same :)

Well picking holes in a news story or someones online communication was not the intent of my post. It was simply to let you know how one three time customer felt about your price increase and the way your company chose to go about it.

Saying that you are not "overly worried" about the issues I brought up (ie your price increases) does not surprise me. I'm sure Exxon is not "overly worried" about their price increases either.

Thanks for the WANNABEBIG forums anyway. I have enjoyed and learned from them them.

Joe Black
05-23-2007, 05:14 PM
To be fair, the overly worried comment was referencing the budget and men's health comments.

I do appreciate that people will probably feel different about being informed or not about the price increases, we do have to make a gut feeling decision as to whats right though and just go for it.

Anthony
05-23-2007, 05:18 PM
I think what Daniel is trying to say is that once people get over the adjustment of paying market value for the product, everything will be fine. No one likes paying more for a product they like, but since the beginning Nitrean has been WAY under priced.

Find a blend that compares to Nitrean and guess what? You'll be paying more money. Buy a whey only product and mix it with milk (to imitate a blend) and guess what? You'll be paying more money.

All they've done is bring their product to market value (I actually think it's still too low) so that they can continue growing the company.

chris mason
05-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Well picking holes in a news story or someones online communication was not the intent of my post. It was simply to let you know how one three time customer felt about your price increase and the way your company chose to go about it.

Saying that you are not "overly worried" about the issues I brought up (ie your price increases) does not surprise me. I'm sure Exxon is not "overly worried" about their price increases either.

Thanks for the WANNABEBIG forums anyway. I have enjoyed and learned from them them.

The fact you mentioned Exxon, which is commonly known to have made record profits after their price increases is just plain misrepresentation and obviously sour grapes on your part.

We raised the price to allow us to make a sufficient profit to remain in business. How do you like that??? There it is. Contrary to what you might THINK, our profit margin on Nitrean sucks. Nitrean is a huge percentage of our sales. To make very little on your number 1 selling product means your net profit overall sucks. Daniel and I BUST OUR ASSES running this business and for you to accuse us of what you have is utterly ridiculous. You have no idea what we pay for Nitrean, and no idea of our margin. Nitrean is the best protein on the market and we sure as hell could sell a crappier product and make more money but we chose NOT TO. Why? For the reasons I already mentioned in this thread.

Nitrean is the best. We sell it at a very reasonable price. If you want the best, get it.

HahnB
05-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Anthony is right. Buying Nitrean is cheaper than combining milk and ON 100% whey. The cheapest I could find 5lbs of 100% whey was $28.50. Lets say you use 1 cup of milk for every scoop of whey. Assuming a gallon of milk will cost you $3.50, you'd spend $15.96 on milk to go through 5lbs of whey (73 scoops of whey=73 cups of milk @ about $0.22 a cup). That's $44.46 total.

chris mason
05-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Anthony is right. Buying Nitrean is cheaper than combining milk and ON 100% whey. The cheapest I could find 5lbs of 100% whey was $28.50. Lets say you use 1 cup of milk for every scoop of whey. Assuming a gallon of milk will cost you $3.50, you'd spend $15.96 on milk to go through 5lbs of whey (73 scoops of whey=73 cups of milk @ about $0.22 a cup). That's $44.46 total.

Just an FYI, ON's 100% Whey on Bb.com is running $34.99 for 5lbs. That is a decent whey-only product.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

ON's Pro-Complex, which is closer to Nitrean is priced at $45.89 for 4.4 lbs on the same site.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/pro.html

Nitrean is a HECK of a deal!

Howard 9
05-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't care my parents fork over the money lol.

chris mason
05-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I don't care my parents fork over the money lol.

Lol, now that's the spirit!

Seriously, you have nice folks.

Howard 9
05-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Lol, now that's the spirit!

Seriously, you have nice folks.

Lol, thank you.

ray34iyf
05-23-2007, 07:01 PM
You lucky....! I wish I was as spoiled as you!

HahnB
05-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Just an FYI, ON's 100% Whey on Bb.com is running $34.99 for 5lbs. That is a decent whey-only product.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

ON's Pro-Complex, which is closer to Nitrean is priced at $45.89 for 4.4 lbs on the same site.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/pro.html

Nitrean is a HECK of a deal!

Ya I was gonna point out that the average price is 5 or 6 dollars more than the $28.50. Also, most people use more than 1 cup of milk for 1 scoop of protein. I probably use two, so in theory you could easily spend over $70 for ON whey plus milk.

cphafner
05-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Ya I was gonna point out that the average price is 5 or 6 dollars more than the $28.50. Also, most people use more than 1 cup of milk for 1 scoop of protein. I probably use two, so in theory you could easily spend over $70 for ON whey plus milk.

ON is priced over $6lbs a pound now for basic Whey. Nitrean isn't much more when you take into account the multiple bottle discounts. I made the switch back to Nitrean.

RedSpikeyThing
05-23-2007, 09:06 PM
I do appreciate that people will probably feel different about being informed or not about the price increases, we do have to make a gut feeling decision as to whats right though and just go for it.

Although dissapointed, I much appreciated the email sent out last time. I am quite dissapointed that a member had to bring it up. Feel free not to comment, but why did you not send a message to everyone, or at least start a thread about it yourself? You knew someone would...

Levantar
05-23-2007, 09:37 PM
The fact you mentioned Exxon, which is commonly known to have made record profits after their price increases is just plain misrepresentation and obviously sour grapes on your part.

We raised the price to allow us to make a sufficient profit to remain in business. How do you like that??? There it is. Contrary to what you might THINK, our profit margin on Nitrean sucks. Nitrean is a huge percentage of our sales. To make very little on your number 1 selling product means your net profit overall sucks. Daniel and I BUST OUR ASSES running this business and for you to accuse us of what you have is utterly ridiculous. You have no idea what we pay for Nitrean, and no idea of our margin. Nitrean is the best protein on the market and we sure as hell could sell a crappier product and make more money but we chose NOT TO. Why? For the reasons I already mentioned in this thread.

Nitrean is the best. We sell it at a very reasonable price. If you want the best, get it.

WOW.....

cphafner
05-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Although dissapointed, I much appreciated the email sent out last time. I am quite dissapointed that a member had to bring it up. Feel free not to comment, but why did you not send a message to everyone, or at least start a thread about it yourself? You knew someone would...

How many companies send out emails informing their customers of price increases?

Talking_God
05-23-2007, 09:54 PM
From my economic studies, I find it incredibly hard to believe that you would supply such an overly superior product at a price that leave you with very little profit. If you really make as little money as you claim then I applaud you for being good people, but from a business and economic standpoint I find it very hard to believe.

CleverName
05-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Glad I ordered my first tub before the price raise. :) Still hasn't arrive though, and it's been a week. :( I'm patient though. :thumbup:

RedSpikeyThing
05-23-2007, 09:59 PM
How many companies send out emails informing their customers of price increases?

They did it a couple months ago.

mikey4402
05-23-2007, 10:55 PM
From my economic studies, I find it incredibly hard to believe that you would supply such an overly superior product at a price that leave you with very little profit. If you really make as little money as you claim then I applaud you for being good people, but from a business and economic standpoint I find it very hard to believe.

Its called penetration pricing. A smart marketing strategy. With intrudcing a product at a lower price, although it hurt their profits, allowed for us to firstly try their new product and secound allows ALN to capturing a large market share. Then you gradually rase prices to unsure a decent product. You cant act like this hasnt ever happend to any other product you bought. And you should of known this would happen. i know i did thats why i bought a couple jugs last month. hehehe

And to Levantar, you defenty find out that chris is a very agressive kind of guy. I found that out in a past thread about his advertising or something i forget now. Although i dont aways agree with him, i have to respect him for all hes done as of late with atlarge.

Beast
05-23-2007, 11:17 PM
So what's the story behind all of the whey prices going up? Is there a reason?

I think if the prices of supplements keep going up, it's going to hurt the supplement industry as a whole!

Joe Black
05-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Its called penetration pricing. A smart marketing strategy. With intrudcing a product at a lower price, although it hurt their profits, allowed for us to firstly try their new product and secound allows ALN to capturing a large market share. Then you gradually rase prices to unsure a decent product. You cant act like this hasnt ever happend to any other product you bought. And you should of known this would happen. i know i did thats why i bought a couple jugs last month. hehehe

Heh, whilst I agree its a popular marketing strategy, this was HONESTLY not a strategy we used.

Its really very simple. We priced is a touch too low to start with and also have experienced several rises in costs since being in business. :)

Joe Black
05-24-2007, 01:04 AM
They did it a couple months ago.

I think when he said how many other companies state their price increases, he meant in general. Of course you can quote us doing it last time ;), but I think you will find that most of the time a company will raise prices and not look to make a large noise about it.

We do appreciate though we will make people happy and unhappy either way - we just honestly felt that bumping the price and not making such a fuss about it was the best option.

Joe Black
05-24-2007, 01:07 AM
And to Levantar, you defenty find out that chris is a very agressive kind of guy. I found that out in a past thread about his advertising or something i forget now. Although i dont aways agree with him, i have to respect him for all hes done as of late with atlarge.

Chris definately takes things more personally than myself. And, its not normally that he is agressive, often its just the way he expresses himself online makes him appear more that way.

When your trying to do the right thing for yourself and your customers and you put in everything you can into a business and then claims are made which you feel are unfair, sometimes it can be hard not to take it personally.

Everyone has their own view though and we cannot keep everyone happy.

We can rest at night though knowing we produce great products at fair prices and will give you superior service. ;)

kingnike12
05-24-2007, 01:50 AM
jeez, I didn't think that my post would cause such an uproar. I guess the more I think about it, the price and product justifies itself. Thanks for the comments

chris mason
05-24-2007, 05:15 AM

You can believe what you wish, but that is the fact. The reason we priced it at such a low margin to start with was that we were a new company offering a product in an INCREDIBLY saturated market.

chris mason
05-24-2007, 05:19 AM
So what's the story behind all of the whey prices going up? Is there a reason?

I think if the prices of supplements keep going up, it's going to hurt the supplement industry as a whole!

From what we have been told their is a supposed shortage of whey. The reason for that is not exactly ever been clarified, and I really don't want to mention the reason proffered to us because it sounds so utterly ridiculous (involves global warming). Anyway, I think the "shortage" of whey is more of a created thing (by the supplier of the raw product) than a real thing.

Chris

chris mason
05-24-2007, 05:22 AM
jeez, I didn't think that my post would cause such an uproar. I guess the more I think about it, the price and product justifies itself. Thanks for the comments

Thank you. You don't know how much I appreciate what you just said.

Chris

chris mason
05-24-2007, 05:26 AM

One thing, when it comes to AtLarge I am VERY passionate.

You guys don't know the number of hours I have put into this venture with very little monetary gain to date. I know the facts, and it just burns me when people talk about matters and have opinions with virtually no facts.

Anyway, I love AtLarge, I love working with Daniel, and I love offering the best products I can at a reasonable price.

Chris

Joe Black
05-24-2007, 05:47 AM
Ah.... lets hug.... and then go out and buy a tub of Nitrean for $42.95 to toast with! :clap:

KingWilder
05-24-2007, 07:20 AM
haha the fact of the matter is that everyone who has used Nitrean will continue to buy it because we know how great of a product it is...even if we do complain a little bit every now and then about price raises :)

Thanks for all you guys do, we really do appreciate how great your products and service are

Maki Riddington
05-24-2007, 10:36 AM

Believe it.

Although I have limited insight into what goes on with AtLarge I do know that when Dan and Chris started this company it was to provide supplements that were of the highest quality for the best price possible.

Sensei
05-24-2007, 10:44 AM
I was going to say the exact same thing. How many companies OF ANY KIND send e-mails informing their customers of price increases?

I think it's awesome that ALN has done so in the past, but to expect them to continue to do so is a bit much...

Since I've joined here, it always amazes me how many people here seem to almost have something against ALN... I guess it's fine if you're not happy about price increases. It's fine if you'd like the company to give you notice of such price increases, although I don't know why you'd be surprised if there were none. Don't get bent out of shape about it... If you want to save a buck or two, how about riding your bike to school? I realize that might ruin your bulk, but come on!

Paul Stagg
05-24-2007, 11:19 AM

Maybe you should take more advanced Economics classes, especially with respect to price theory. (It acually sounds to me that you are confusing Economics with Finance)

Wild Cat McCane
05-24-2007, 11:23 AM
ON's price hasn't gone up on ebay.:thumbup:

chris mason
05-24-2007, 12:12 PM
ON's price hasn't gone up on ebay.:thumbup:

It will. The wholesale increase will trickle down once the stores of units at the old price dwindle.

Chris

chris mason
05-24-2007, 02:25 PM
www.johnstonefitness.com, a site on which we advertise, but have no control over, has members who have expressed their opinions:

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?p=487967&posted=1#post487967

Levantar
05-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Ah.... lets hug.... and then go out and buy a tub of Nitrean for $42.95 to toast with! :clap:

:zipit: Sounds good! Maybe after I finish the three tubs I have at home!

Organichu
05-24-2007, 04:10 PM
I myself am a poor college student.

I was low on money when I was a size 44 waist and proceeded to use Nitrean to drop 60 lbs and fit into size 32 pants for the first time.

I remained low on money when I used Nitrean to gain back 50 of those lbs while only going up to a size 36 pants.

I'm still low on money while using Nitrean and running 60 mile weeks.

Priorities, I suppose.

Chris, I appreciate your candid representation of the facts. If people disbelieve your motives, well... you can't control that. There are some people who do not want to be convinced. Your integrity remains in place.

Your products, though, speak even louder than your words.

There are certain ambitions I possess. In order to realize those ambitions, I am willing to pay for Nitrean; I was at its old price, and I am at its new price. I wouldn't be willing to do so if I didn't feel that I was receiving my money's worth in customer service and product quality.

I always have been and remain to be fully satisfied with both in relation to the price.

chris mason
05-24-2007, 08:25 PM
I myself am a poor college student.

I was low on money when I was a size 44 waist and proceeded to use Nitrean to drop 60 lbs and fit into size 32 pants for the first time.

I remained low on money when I used Nitrean to gain back 50 of those lbs while only going up to a size 36 pants.

I'm still low on money while using Nitrean and running 60 mile weeks.

Priorities, I suppose.

Chris, I appreciate your candid representation of the facts. If people disbelieve your motives, well... you can't control that. There are some people who do not want to be convinced. Your integrity remains in place.

Your products, though, speak even louder than your words.

There are certain ambitions I possess. In order to realize those ambitions, I am willing to pay for Nitrean; I was at its old price, and I am at its new price. I wouldn't be willing to do so if I didn't feel that I was receiving my money's worth in customer service and product quality.

I always have been and remain to be fully satisfied with both in relation to the price.

That's awesome! Thanks so much!

Chris

Talking_God
05-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Maybe you should take more advanced Economics classes, especially with respect to price theory. (It acually sounds to me that you are confusing Economics with Finance)

It's probably got more to do with the ****ty teacher than anything else. Appareantly I was misinformed on my economic ideas..I was in no way trying to say the product was sub par or not worth the mony, because from my experience with it, it is. At Large makes great products, and I will continue to buy the ones I can afford, unfortunately Nitrean is no longer one of them.

chris mason
05-25-2007, 07:58 AM
It's probably got more to do with the ****ty teacher than anything else. Appareantly I was misinformed on my economic ideas..I was in no way trying to say the product was sub par or not worth the mony, because from my experience with it, it is. At Large makes great products, and I will continue to buy the ones I can afford, unfortunately Nitrean is no longer one of them.

You know what you can do, you can buy a 2.2 or 4.6 lbs tub and use it in addition to your lower grade protein product. For instance, let's say you have 3 shakes per day, you can substitute one Nitrean shake into the mix. That way you receive the benefit and really stretch your dollar.

Chris

Unreal
05-25-2007, 09:38 AM
What did it go up? $2-3? If that really knocks it out of your price range then start digging through the sofa for change or order a water with one meal a month to save $2-3. That is barely anything.

Talking_God
05-25-2007, 10:12 PM
I haven't bought Nitrean since before the last price raise..I understand for some of you who have a decent paying job it's ok, but when your job pays jack **** and you have a car getting 11 mpg, 7 extra dollars is more than I can handle right now. Although if I get this new job i'm going to a second interview for, which pays almost double my current job, I'll be happy to continue buying Nitrean.

Invain
05-25-2007, 11:15 PM
Your 18, if money is that tight why are you driving a car that gets 11 mpg?

chris mason
05-26-2007, 05:17 AM
I understand that everyone has a budget. I understand that he may have been given a car that gets crappy gas mileage.

Like I said above, if your budget is that tight that 16 cents a day (the difference in the price of Nitrean) is going to push things for you, I suggest that you still get a jug and use it sparingly as the incredibly high quality protein that it is. Use the Costco stuff for the balance of your shakes and get a Nitrean shake in you PWO or prior to bed.

Chris

Talking_God
05-26-2007, 07:19 PM
I understand that everyone has a budget. I understand that he may have been given a car that gets crappy gas mileage.

Like I said above, if your budget is that tight that 16 cents a day (the difference in the price of Nitrean) is going to push things for you, I suggest that you still get a jug and use it sparingly as the incredibly high quality protein that it is. Use the Costco stuff for the balance of your shakes and get a Nitrean shake in you PWO or prior to bed.

Chris

Actually that's pretty much what I've been doing. I don't know if you remember, but i ordered a jug quite awhile back and i'm finally starting to run out. I had 3 other jugs of crap ass protein that i've been using with it.

Invain- Like Chris said, that's what my parents bought, that's what I have to drive, they sold it to me for less than I could find anything else for. You have to play the hand you're dealt.

PoutineEh
05-27-2007, 01:46 AM

Chris

I bought some of that cotsco EAS protein blend (whey, casein, and soy). That stuff was nasty! It tasted terrible and smelled of play-doh. I returned 10 pounds of it and got my money back.

Vanilla nitrean has tasted so good with all the things I mix it with, that I ran out of it extremely fast. I still have a decent amount of chocolate/strawberry to go through, though. I'll be placing orders for some vanilla when I run out of chocolate/strawberry.

chris mason
05-27-2007, 06:16 AM
I bought some of that cotsco EAS protein blend (whey, casein, and soy). That stuff was nasty! It tasted terrible and smelled of play-doh. I returned 10 pounds of it and got my money back.

Vanilla nitrean has tasted so good with all the things I mix it with, that I ran out of it extremely fast. I still have a decent amount of chocolate/strawberry to go through, though. I'll be placing orders for some vanilla when I run out of chocolate/strawberry.

Awesome, thanks!

chris mason
05-27-2007, 06:16 AM
Actually that's pretty much what I've been doing. I don't know if you remember, but i ordered a jug quite awhile back and i'm finally starting to run out. I had 3 other jugs of crap ass protein that i've been using with it.

Invain- Like Chris said, that's what my parents bought, that's what I have to drive, they sold it to me for less than I could find anything else for. You have to play the hand you're dealt.

Ok, good thinking on your part. I think you should continue with the plan until your budget increases.

Chris

Kevin Parsons
05-27-2007, 06:34 PM
All these price increases are really getting old. If they increase again I wont be buying any more of your protein.

chris mason
05-27-2007, 06:48 PM
All these price increases are really getting old. If they increase again I wont be buying any more of your protein.

Have you read the entire thread?

I don't know what to tell you other than the truth. It is laid out in this thread.

Chris

SupRsmall
05-27-2007, 08:23 PM

This point just sold me on Nitrean! I was wondering why it was so expensive and now this works it all out. You guys should really consider putting these facts on your Nitrean subsite, It just sold me!

Only thing is, I dont pay for the milk, so ill continue with my ON Whey.. :idea:

The price change is definately warranted.

Kevin Parsons
05-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Chris,

I believe you. I would like to take back my last post. Considering how many servings are in a jug and the great taste it is still a great deal. I love your products and service. I will continue to use products.

chris mason
05-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Chris,

I believe you. I would like to take back my last post. Considering how many servings are in a jug and the great taste it is still a great deal. I love your products and service. I will continue to use products.

Thanks Kevin!

Chris

DARKKNIGHT
05-29-2007, 06:44 PM
I have dealt with some crappy products, and as soon as my budget allows I am going for the mass stack, I work very hard in the yard and I want the best for my body, this thread has given you another customer.
Jon

chris mason
05-29-2007, 07:05 PM
I have dealt with some crappy products, and as soon as my budget allows I am going for the mass stack, I work very hard in the yard and I want the best for my body, this thread has given you another customer.
Jon

Thank you Jon!

Chris

LouPac
06-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Over the past 10 years I have used a variety of protein supplements and none have come close to the quality of Nitrean. Not in taste, not in satiety, not in results in the gym.

For all of you guys complaining, think of your bodies as a high quality automobile. If you buy a Ferrari or Porsche, are you not going to use the best fuel and oil you could possibly find? Wouldn't you want your high priced vehicle to last as long as possible?

In my opinion, my body is worth more than any automobile I would ever purchase and as such I want to put the best in my body.

If you want a low performance body by cheaper protein products, 'nuff said.

chris mason
06-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Over the past 10 years I have used a variety of protein supplements and none have come close to the quality of Nitrean. Not in taste, not in satiety, not in results in the gym.

For all of you guys complaining, think of your bodies as a high quality automobile. If you buy a Ferrari or Porsche, are you not going to use the best fuel and oil you could possibly find? Wouldn't you want your high priced vehicle to last as long as possible?

In my opinion, my body is worth more than any automobile I would ever purchase and as such I want to put the best in my body.

Thank you!

bjohnso
06-02-2007, 09:36 AM
I wish I would have stumbled upon this thread before I ordered from Atlarge on Wednesday, because I probably would have bought a jug. Oh well, next time!

Tutu_67
06-02-2007, 11:41 AM
So the price went up so what. Everything goes up, whether its gas, milk, or in this case Nitrean. You are the consumer you have the choice of not buying it if prices are your problem. Still it is a far better product on the market, I'm surprised it's that CHEAP. You guys should be charging more. Thanks for keeping the prices competitive tho, also they are the reason this forum is here. ALN thanks, your prices are sill good.

chris mason
06-03-2007, 03:59 PM
So the price went up so what. Everything goes up, whether its gas, milk, or in this case Nitrean. You are the consumer you have the choice of not buying it if prices are your problem. Still it is a far better product on the market, I'm surprised it's that CHEAP. You guys should be charging more. Thanks for keeping the prices competitive tho, also they are the reason this forum is here. ALN thanks, your prices are sill good.

Thanks for your thoughts Tutu!

Chris

CB
06-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Just some thoughts I had:

In all fairness, with the world becoming a global economy nowadays, that means that more people are consuming the available supply of resources, which also means that more people are competing for the same resources which ultimately drives prices up on everything for everyone. Whether it be commodities, labor, or money, everything costs more now. I am quite surprised myself that ALN was able to keep prices as low as they were for so long. I am also glad that I took advantage of it for as long as I could while it lasted. It was definitely a good value for the price they were charging and I am also sad to see that prices have gone up, but ultimately I still want the best for my body.

That being said, I'm sure we have all heard of the saying "Where there's a will there's a way!". For instance, we all work hard as hell to whip our asses into shape. We make all kinds of sacrifices for this lifestyle we choose to live. We find and make time to go the gym even though we may have work, school, kids, significant others, and many other miscellaneous commitments. We also diet and deny ourselves the things we crave to the point where sometimes just catching a whiff of fresh Krispy Kreme Donuts or a Double Double from In & Out gives us a hard on. And at the end of the day we make all these sacrifices so we can look and feel our best both physically and mentally.

Obviously nutrition is a big part of this lifestyle that we have all chosen to pursue. Most of us take it seriously and if you are gonna make all those other sacrifices, you might as well do it right all the way. We don't need Nitrean, but it's nice to have. It's a supplement and a luxury that I enjoy having and I will continue to buy it for as long as I can afford to, but at the same time I realize it's not a substitute for proper nutrition and training. If you truly believe Nitrean is the best product you can get, and you feel you absolutely have to have it then you will find a way to be able to buy it.

For example:

1. Make some extra money
2. Skimp on a few other luxuries here & there
3. Stretch out your usage so your Nitrean will last longer
4. Take advantage of the multi-buy special
5. Take advantage of ALN's occasional sales
6. Take advantage of 4 & 5 together (get the most bang for your buck)
7. All of the above (the ultimate bang for you buck)

Personally, I like #6 myself and take advantage whenever I can. Which reminds me, are there any promotional sales coming in the near future Chris?

Ultimately though we all have a choice to buy or not to buy. No one is forcing us with a gun to our heads to buy Nitrean. You can choose where you want to spend your hard earned money. Over the years I like many others have spent tons of money on over-hyped and over-priced garabage supplements that taste like ass and add insult to injury by leaving you feeling robbed of your hard earned money. At least when I spend on Nitrean, I know it works, it tastes better than 90% of the other garbage I have had over the years, and is still *very* competitively priced compared to the competition.

Another point I would like to mention is that running a business is tough and you don't just raise prices for the fun of it. A lot of thought goes into it, and if and when it does eventually happen, it is out of necessity. I'm sure ALN doesn't want to do it anymore than we want them to do it. At the same time you don't start a business to lose money. And nowadays, even charities and non-profits are run like for profit businesses because the bottom line is it costs money to keep up and run an organization. There are filing fees, licenses to apply for, labor, overhead, rent, insurance, and most important of all taxes.

Anyhow don't mind me as this is just my opinion.

CB

Joe Black
06-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Nice post, thanks for your thoughts!!!

As for the sales, we wouldn't recommend that people hold out for a sale as we don't do them very often anymore... however, Chris and I discussed doing one today, running through to next Tuesday and agreed on it earlier in the week so expect the sale to go live later today.

A great opportunity to stock up or try our products for the first time!

Watch this space :)

CB
06-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Your welcome Dan. It's been a while since I posted, but after reading this thread I felt compelled to say something. My business background helps me to see things from a different perspective. A lot of people don't see many of the "hidden" and "soft" costs of running and maintaining a business. Thank you for the great products though, and for the upcoming sale too. I'll probably take advantage of this opportunty to stock up for a while.

mikey4402
06-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Just some thoughts I had:

In all fairness, with the world becoming a global economy nowadays, that means that more people are consuming the available supply of resources, which also means that more people are competing for the same resources which ultimately drives prices up on everything for everyone. Whether it be commodities, labor, or money, everything costs more now.

CB
Your business experience is wrong. if your looking at a global market, prices actually drop. There are more people willing to do the same job for a cheaper wage, then say in the US. You outsource and save money on overhead. This allows products to me more competitive with one another.

However i donít think At large applies in this case anyways. And i belive the price incresses are for another reason.

If you could afford a ferrari or porsche im sure you could afford the high quality oil and fuel. So i see a problem in your analogy.
The problem is most of the people here are on a budget. We realize that At Large product maybe the best for our body, however not all of us can afford it every month or so.
We all want to drive that Ferrari and fill it with top quality products, however some of us are stuck with a chevy nova, for the time being

CB
06-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Your business experience is wrong. if your looking at a global market, prices actually drop. There are more people willing to do the same job for a cheaper wage, then say in the US. You outsource and save money on overhead. This allows products to me more competitive with one another.

You are absolutely correct. But this effect is only initial. The countries that we outsource to take the jobs and do them because it pays better than most other work. As they get used to this work and pay, their own standard of living improves. As standard of living improves and as employment and income become more steady, they will start to consume more products (ie. bigger homes, cars, clothes, electronics, entertainment, healthier lifestyles) and strive for a higher standard of living whenever possible. This is just human nature. No one likes to go backwards, only forwards.

A good example would be to take a look at Asia and India now. We used to outsource to them but now they have become quite expensive to outsource to. More and more people in Asia are reaching the middle and upper class. They have slowly but surely become a larger consumer of consumer products, resources, commodities, and most importantly energy. It's simply the principles of demand vs. supply. Right now demand is outstripping the available supply of resources so it expected for prices to go up.

sharkall2003
06-08-2007, 11:32 AM
If you could afford a ferrari or porsche im sure you could afford the high quality oil and fuel. So i see a problem in your analogy.
The problem is most of the people here are on a budget. We realize that At Large product maybe the best for our body, however not all of us can afford it every month or so.
We all want to drive that Ferrari and fill it with top quality products, however some of us are stuck with a chevy nova, for the time being

Here's the problem, it's not what kind of car you have, but how you treat it. Treat it well, you'll get good gas mileage, good power and you can always do a tune up. Nitrean is like Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil.

mikey4402
06-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Here's the problem, it's not what kind of car you have, but how you treat it. Treat it well, you'll get good gas mileage, good power and you can always do a tune up. Nitrean is like Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil.

lol...ok enough car analogys, i think this thread has run its course

Joe Black
06-09-2007, 03:30 AM
FYI - We are running a 10% sale through to Weds :)

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98060

HahnB
06-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I think people are putting too much thought into this. The type of protein you use won't make a difference for 99% of the average lifters.

Phenom
06-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I think people are putting too much thought into this. The type of protein you use won't make a difference for 99% of the average lifters.

:withstupi

mikey4402
06-09-2007, 03:43 PM

i agree too... if it aleast somewhat mixes and tasted good enough to be chugged ill buy it

Jordanbcool
06-09-2007, 10:06 PM
I also noticed the price jump but thought I was seeing things until I checked my credit card. I was kinda annoyed at first...

But to be fair. IMO Atlarge has been pretty good to me as a customer...

1) It supports WBB which is cool because this is probably one of if not the best bodybuilding forum for athletes, powerlifters, bodybuilders and other like minded individuals.

2)I've compared prices with other protein powders and the majority of them are equal to the price. But most of them fall very short as far as performance goes.

3)Nitrean mixes extremely easily with a spoon into basically any liquid imaginable. The taste is also much better then most protein powders and the fact that they've come out with a new flavor is even better.

4)The customer service is great, every single one of my orders is shipped the next day. I've never gotten anything in the mail that fast.

5)Nitrean, Opticen, ETS and all their other supplements have proven ingredients that do what they say they'll do.

I've been hooked on ALN ever since I bought my first jug of nitrean. I can't see myself ever buying anything less.

So yea. No one likes price increases. But hey. I still think its a good deal, and I'll keep getting my supplements from them as long as I body build.

chris mason
06-10-2007, 08:52 AM
I also noticed the price jump but thought I was seeing things until I checked my credit card. I was kinda annoyed at first...

But to be fair. IMO Atlarge has been pretty good to me as a customer...

1) It supports WBB which is cool because this is probably one of if not the best bodybuilding forum for athletes, powerlifters, bodybuilders and other like minded individuals.

2)I've compared prices with other protein powders and the majority of them are equal to the price. But most of them fall very short as far as performance goes.

3)Nitrean mixes extremely easily with a spoon into basically any liquid imaginable. The taste is also much better then most protein powders and the fact that they've come out with a new flavor is even better.

4)The customer service is great, every single one of my orders is shipped the next day. I've never gotten anything in the mail that fast.

5)Nitrean, Opticen, ETS and all their other supplements have proven ingredients that do what they say they'll do.

I've been hooked on ALN ever since I bought my first jug of nitrean. I can't see myself ever buying anything less.

So yea. No one likes price increases. But hey. I still think its a good deal, and I'll keep getting my supplements from them as long as I body build.

Thanks for your honesty and opinion!

Chris

Jordanbcool
06-10-2007, 10:43 AM
No problem.

You don't promise anything different from most supplement companies. The thing I like is that you actually deliver on those promises. No BS supplements. Thats how it should be for all companies.

SpecialK
06-10-2007, 11:28 AM

I'm just curious Jordan, how do you quantify "performance"?

Otherwise I agree with your other points.

WildJames
06-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah unless you've specifically tested for extended periods of time between Nitrean and other protein shakes, I seriously doubt you know true performance differences.

HahnB
06-10-2007, 03:17 PM
I haven't used my blender in 2 weeks since I've started using my turbo shaker. I love this ****er. I'm cutting so I don't need the blender to blend up the peanut butter ect...The shaker is perfect for nitrean, oil and water. Nitrean mixes very nicely.

Jordanbcool
06-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm just curious Jordan, how do you quantify "performance"?

Otherwise I agree with your other points.

I used ETS during my bulk. It promises increased recovery, and decreased DOMS. It also helps with strength.

While using it, thats exactly what it did. Most companies would make similar claims. It helps with fat loss or it will make you gain 20lbs of muscle in a month etc. Except thats not what they do. ETS did what it promised just like everything else I've used.

I've tried protein powders from other companies (muscle tech. etc.) that make similar products and they've never helped me with anything they've promised. No increased focus, no increased strength etc. Total waste.

Jordanbcool
06-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Yeah unless you've specifically tested for extended periods of time between Nitrean and other protein shakes, I seriously doubt you know true performance differences.

Its widely known that egg, whey and casein protein blend is superior to whey only products or casein only products etc.

chris mason
06-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I used ETS during my bulk. It promises increased recovery, and decreased DOMS. It also helps with strength.

While using it, thats exactly what it did. Most companies would make similar claims. It helps with fat loss or it will make you gain 20lbs of muscle in a month etc. Except thats not what they do. ETS did what it promised just like everything else I've used.

I've tried protein powders from other companies (muscle tech. etc.) that make similar products and they've never helped me with anything they've promised. No increased focus, no increased strength etc. Total waste.

That is EXACTLY correct and why we created the darn company in the first place! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for being an appreciative and loyal customer. It makes busting our ass like we do all worth it!

Chris

SpecialK
06-10-2007, 08:45 PM

I was just talking about the protein powder, not ETS.

Also I don't think many protein powders make outrageous claims. Muscletech is the obvious exception.

Jordanbcool
06-11-2007, 04:03 PM
I was just talking about the protein powder, not ETS.

Also I don't think many protein powders make outrageous claims. Muscletech is the obvious exception.

It depends on what powder and company you're talking about.

Its mostly just the big name companies that make insane claims. Generic or store bought powders (think GNC or Sam's club etc.) are quite plain and have little wording on them.

SpecialK
06-11-2007, 05:53 PM
It depends on what powder and company you're talking about.

Its mostly just the big name companies that make insane claims. Generic or store bought powders (think GNC or Sam's club etc.) are quite plain and have little wording on them.

Well what I meant was, did you actually notice a measureable difference in size/strength gains when using Nitrean as opposed to any other protein powder?

DoUgL@S
06-13-2007, 01:38 PM
I guess I will have to forgo the fois gras sammiches.

The last time I bought Nitrean it was $35.95 (I think, minus what ever the discount was for 3 jugs), so $6 dollars more was a bit of a surprise. In all reality though I cannot see myself using some of the other products. If I am going to supplement my diet, I want the best bang for the buck, ALN Nitrean is still the best bang for the buck. You get superior quality to anything out there at this price point (and higher price points).

I, for one, was spoiled by only paying a few dollars more for Nitrean than whey. I tend to believe Chris and Dan when they say this could not have been avoided because they were absorbing the increases, and that the extent of the increase has been driven by their suppliers. They have both showed integrity and concern for their consumers since ALN started.

Just my 2 cents,
Doug

HahnB
06-13-2007, 04:53 PM
You can't argue with a blend like Nitrean on a cut. For me, being able to mix it with water alone saves a lot of hassle. With regular whey there's no comparison. Now when I bulk, I mix in milk, pb etc...Even though I don't require the blend, I still use nitrean for the taste.

DeHartD
06-13-2007, 06:55 PM
ya talk about a surprise... that's a big price increase. i've used nitrean for well over a year now, but unless there is a discount like the 10% right now, i'm going to start testing alternatives.

live2lift
06-14-2007, 08:23 AM
What did it go up? $2-3? If that really knocks it out of your price range then start digging through the sofa for change or order a water with one meal a month to save $2-3. That is barely anything.

Exactly! And if that extra 3$ a tub is killin ya I've got a solution. Buy 3 and save 9$. Problem solved. Also doesnt hurt to keep an eye out for the 10% off sale they run occasionally and stock up then. Ive still got 2 tubs and just ordered 3 more while they were on sale. After the 9$ discount and 10% off I payed approximately 36$ a tub. Works for me.

Would also like to add that I love ETS. Has decreased DOMS and helps me sleep solid thru the night. Just like protein and creatine it will be a permanant supplement for me. Thanks for making quality products that work. I've finally stopped wasting time and money experimenting with different supplements and brands from different companies. ALN is my one-stop supplement store.

HahnB
06-14-2007, 08:47 AM
It comes down to how you use your protein in the end. If you mix your protein with milk, regardless of the brand you use, it would definitely make more sense to buy ON whey or another brand besides Nitrean.

If you're buying Nitrean so you can mix it with water and take advantage of the blend of different proteins, then Nitrean makes more sense to buy-and like I pointed out-it's cheaper compared to ON plus milk.

DeHartD
06-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Exactly! And if that extra 3$ a tub is killin ya I've got a solution. Buy 3 and save 9$. Problem solved. Also doesnt hurt to keep an eye out for the 10% off sale they run occasionally and stock up then. Ive still got 2 tubs and just ordered 3 more while they were on sale. After the 9$ discount and 10% off I payed approximately 36$ a tub. Works for me.

Would also like to add that I love ETS. Has decreased DOMS and helps me sleep solid thru the night. Just like protein and creatine it will be a permanant supplement for me. Thanks for making quality products that work. I've finally stopped wasting time and money experimenting with different supplements and brands from different companies. ALN is my one-stop supplement store.

usually i do buy 3 tubs at a time. i'm pretty sure that the last time I bought it, it was like $36.95 and it was lower than that when i first started buying it. I just don't really see the justification for that kind of price increase in a 1 year span. A couple other brands I have purchased are still the exact same price as a year ago, maybe a couple more. If you maintain a certain budget, then the discount is the only time to buy, but the total price seems to go up everytime i buy it. But its my favorite tasting brand, so i can live with it.

Howard 9
06-14-2007, 08:16 PM
It comes down to how you use your protein in the end. If you mix your protein with milk, regardless of the brand you use, it would definitely make more sense to buy ON whey or another brand besides Nitrean.

If you're buying Nitrean so you can mix it with water and take advantage of the blend of different proteins, then Nitrean makes more sense to buy-and like I pointed out-it's cheaper compared to ON plus milk.

Why would it be better?

mikey4402
06-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Why would it be better?

Originally Posted by HahnB

But i dont see that big of a differnce between the mixability between ON and water or milk and Nitrean and water or milk. the only two things IMO that make nitrean a better product then ON whey is 1. its tastes a little better then ON 2. its a blend.

HahnB
06-14-2007, 11:23 PM
But i dont see that big of a differnce between the mixability between ON and water or milk and Nitrean and water or milk. the only two things IMO that make nitrean a better product then ON whey is 1. its tastes a little better then ON 2. its a blend.

Nitrean is better than ON when mixed in water because Nitrean is a blend.

DoUgL@S
06-15-2007, 12:39 AM
To echo HahnB, ON Whey is well Whey and milk contains Casein and Whey, but does not contain egg proteins, whereas Nitrean is a blend of all three. I am simplifying a bit, but you are getting a superior blend in Nitrean which is in addition to the ease of mixability and palatability.

HahnB
06-15-2007, 09:52 AM
To echo HahnB, ON Whey is well Whey and milk contains Casein and Whey, but does not contain egg proteins, whereas Nitrean is a blend of all three. I am simplifying a bit, but you are getting a superior blend in Nitrean which is in addition to the ease of mixability and palatability.

That's true, but that difference alone would never justify the $19.16 price difference between the two products. When I start bulking again I'll probably go with a product like ON, because I would mix the nitrean with milk anyways, and it doesn't make sense monetary wise to pay nearly 20 dollars more for nitrean.

I say $19.16 difference because I just realized with Nitrean you're only getting 4.6lbs compared to 5lbs of ON, so nitrean is $9.33 lb, or $4.66 a half pound. That would make the price difference between 5lbs of ON and 4.6lbs of Nitrean $19.16 which is more than enough of a reason for me to switch to ON for bulking.

chris mason
06-15-2007, 10:38 AM
a) The price difference depends on the site. Bb.com is selling a 5 lbs jug of ON for $34.99. That is roughly an $8 difference.

b) Next, a gallon of milk averages $3.30 ish. You will get about 10 servings of ON per gallon of milk (assuming you mix one serving of ON with about 12-13 oz. of milk). Now, 47 cents per serving of ON plus 33 cents per serving of milk equates to a total of 80 cents per serving.

So, if you want to mix ON with milk you are spending significantly more than you would on Nitrean alone.

chris mason
06-15-2007, 10:40 AM
That's true, but that difference alone would never justify the $19.16 price difference between the two products. When I start bulking again I'll probably go with a product like ON, because I would mix the nitrean with milk anyways, and it doesn't make sense monetary wise to pay nearly 20 dollars more for nitrean.

I say $19.16 difference because I just realized with Nitrean you're only getting 4.6lbs compared to 5lbs of ON, so nitrean is $9.33 lb, or $4.66 a half pound. That would make the price difference between 5lbs of ON and 4.6lbs of Nitrean $19.16 which is more than enough of a reason for me to switch to ON for bulking.

One more thing, if you are bulking you should switch to Opticen. You get the protein blend and it costs roughly the same as ON.

Chris

Hatred
06-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Here's my take on the stuff from what I know.
I startd out using whey for years....and you know that feeling you get where you feel "hollow" and shaky?
If you lift hard and eat right you know what I'm talking about. it's your body going into Catabolism.
I switched to a blend protein. EAS brand at Costco..
Hollow feeling never to be felt again.
But I had to use 4 scoops at 6 lbs.

So I tried ON's Pro Complex.
I use half as much and it's $44.00

Nitrean is still less.

TO all the haters....:
How many discussion forums does On have or EAS to bitch and moan?
You get to have a roundtalbe discussion with the OWNERS here.

At the end of the day SOME kind of protein is better than nothing and most anything will work for beginners and the not-so-serious.
There's no question to the quality as far as veteran,die-hard lifters are concerned and you know where the money is going.

There can be a lot of arguments for milk and egg and whey...
try taking all the with you to work for the day. Not as easy as a premade tub huh?

The fact the Chris and Dan even have these discussions is admirable.
If the quality isn't enough for you to buy it and you want to play devil's advocate.
Don't buy it.
Don't buy it and shut the **** up.
By attempting to trash these products publicly is akin to biting the hand that feeds you. AtLarge keeps this place going.
This simple fact is why I don't understand why anyone would try to countersell and take money out of their pockets.
AS far as I am concerned we are a team.
How many other boards have meets where members fly across the US to meet up?
It's not US against them.
WBB is a family.

HahnB
06-15-2007, 10:52 AM
One more thing, if you are bulking you should switch to Opticen. You get the protein blend and it costs roughly the same as ON.

Chris

If maximus is priced reasonably I'll probably be using that. I agree that Nitrean is a superior product, but when I bulk I'd be mixing it with milk regardless of the blend-that's what makes the difference for me. When you're mixing with water tastes also plays more of a factor. When I have PB and milk in the shake, taste becomes less of a factor.

Wild Cat McCane
06-15-2007, 11:03 AM
It is a fact that ON whey and nitrean are not the same products.

ON pro complex and nitrean are more similar.

Milk in these parts is 2.30 per gallon.

ON suggested mixing 6-8 ounces on the jug.

Maximus does sound interesting.

HahnB
06-15-2007, 11:06 AM
I know i have been warned but seriously. ON whey and nitrean are not the same products.

Nobody is saying they're the same. This entire discussion has been about the significance of the difference between the two.

Wild Cat McCane
06-15-2007, 11:07 AM
talk about the difference between pro complex.

they are two seperate products.

apples to oranges.

HahnB
06-15-2007, 11:12 AM
talk about the difference between pro complex.

they are two seperate products.

apples to oranges.

Not really. When you mix milk with whey they become very similar. My point is that a lot of people mix their protein with milk when they bulk, regardless of what brand they use. This makes a big difference when you're comparing blend to whey and looking at price difference.

chris mason
06-15-2007, 11:19 AM

Pro-Complex, which is closer to Nitrean, but still not as good, is MORE expensive than Nitrean on Bb.com.

Chris

SpecialK
06-15-2007, 11:40 AM
If anyone is going to compare prices, it would be better to use the prices found on www.dpsnutrition.net, as they have historically had the cheapest prices on supplements on the internet and are always cheaper than BB.com.

Wild Cat McCane
06-15-2007, 12:08 PM
It is cheaper you are right chris.

Wild Cat McCane
06-15-2007, 12:10 PM
ebay is usually the cheapest. seeing as its just another market place.

I think both are great products. there is no reason for anyone to be bad mouthing the other. if it comes down to price one is superior. if it comes down to personal opinion either is debateable.

Sound fair?

HahnB
06-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Here's my take on the stuff from what I know.
I startd out using whey for years....and you know that feeling you get where you feel "hollow" and shaky?
If you lift hard and eat right you know what I'm talking about. it's your body going into Catabolism.
I switched to a blend protein. EAS brand at Costco..
Hollow feeling never to be felt again.
But I had to use 4 scoops at 6 lbs.

So I tried ON's Pro Complex.
I use half as much and it's $44.00

Nitrean is still less.

TO all the haters....:
How many discussion forums does On have or EAS to bitch and moan?
You get to have a roundtalbe discussion with the OWNERS here.

At the end of the day SOME kind of protein is better than nothing and most anything will work for beginners and the not-so-serious.
There's no question to the quality as far as veteran,die-hard lifters are concerned and you know where the money is going.

There can be a lot of arguments for milk and egg and whey...
try taking all the with you to work for the day. Not as easy as a premade tub huh?

The fact the Chris and Dan even have these discussions is admirable.
If the quality isn't enough for you to buy it and you want to play devil's advocate.
Don't buy it.
Don't buy it and shut the **** up.
By attempting to trash these products publicly is akin to biting the hand that feeds you. AtLarge keeps this place going.
This simple fact is why I don't understand why anyone would try to countersell and take money out of their pockets.
AS far as I am concerned we are a team.
How many other boards have meets where members fly across the US to meet up?
It's not US against them.
WBB is a family.

I agree with some of what you're saying, but when a company I choose to support shows a 25% price increase I think we all have a right to post our thoughts. If I see a similar price increase in other companies, then that's something different. So far I haven't. Is Nitrean better? Yes. However, as the price gets higher and higher the difference isn't justified anymore.

Jordanbcool
06-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Well what I meant was, did you actually notice a measureable difference in size/strength gains when using Nitrean as opposed to any other protein powder?

Sorry for the slow response.

I noticed a difference in size but only a negliable amount. That should be expected though since powders are only a small part of the entire diet. You also have training etc. etc. to look at. But yes, I noticed a difference but it wasn't anything major.

I just see the research there. And I'm going to put everything I have into my bodybuilding. I'd rather just get everything as perfect/good as I can to make up for my craptastic genetics.

Jordanbcool
06-15-2007, 05:57 PM
I also think people are making too much of the increase.

Don't like it don't buy it. I'm still gonna pay the extra $$$ for it.

Nitrean is the better if you mix it with milk, water or kool-aid. Milk contains whey/casein......Wheres the egg?

HahnB
06-15-2007, 06:33 PM
I also think people are making too much of the increase.

Don't like it don't buy it. I'm still gonna pay the extra $$$ for it.

Nitrean is the better if you mix it with milk, water or kool-aid. Milk contains whey/casein......Wheres the egg?

You honestly believe that the addition of the egg into the protein is going to net a significant difference in muscle gain for the average trainee-or anyone for that matter?

My point still stands. The difference isn't enough to justify a 25% price increase since the products release.

Jordanbcool
06-15-2007, 06:59 PM
You honestly believe that the addition of the egg into the protein is going to net a significant difference in muscle gain for the average trainee-or anyone for that matter?

My point still stands. The difference isn't enough to justify a 25% price increase since the products release.

Egg is extremely easy to digest/absorb which makes it more readily available for protein synthesis. Why take the protein if you don't even get all of it.

HahnB
06-15-2007, 07:15 PM
I agree, but that's not the issue. The issue is whether or not this very small difference will 1) result in a significant muscle increase and 2) is it justified by big price increase.

I've already stated that Nitrean is a better product. My question is at what price does the difference become "not worth it"?

chris mason
06-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Hahn, each individual will make their own decision on that issue.

Your opinion aside, our product is still very attractively priced relative to the market for what it is. In fact, it is still the least expensive product of its kind (comparing similar blends) on the market.

I sell Nitrean because I use it and 100% know it is the best protein one can take. Daniel and I offer it at a VERY reasonable price that will still allow a sufficient profit for us to remain in business and offer such a product at its price point.

mikey4402
06-15-2007, 08:06 PM

i have been saying that for a while...its always nitrean is superior then ON, yes because Nitrean is a blend ON is not. Compare it to other protien blends like ON pro complex and the only thing Nitrean has is a LITTLE better taste and maybe it mixes better. Thats why it comes down to price for me.

edit:spelling

chris mason
06-15-2007, 08:33 PM
i have been saying that for a while...its always nitrean is superior then ON, yes because Nitrean is a blend ON is not. Compare it to other protien blends like ON pro complex and the only thing Nitrean has is a LITTLE better taste and maybe it mixes better. Thats why it comes down to price for me.

edit:spelling

Yep, and Nitrean is cheaper than Pro-Complex (or within a dollar or so depending on where you buy it). What is your point?

Oh, and Nitrean has casein while Pro-Complex has none. Nitrean still has a better blend.

You can believe it or not, but it is what it is.

motoko013
06-16-2007, 12:13 AM
meh, i tell my friends they should order from here...the regular crappy GNC whey only protein here in hawaii is $45 per 5lbs. jug....i got one nitrean, one opticen, a bottle of multivitamins, and a bottle of ETS and a special gift (the turbo shaker, since i already have two shirts) for less than $110 shipped to me...now i don't know about you, but i think i got a heck of a deal...plus, the nitrean and opticen taste better, mix better, and are made of a better blend.....not to mention when i bought thermocin, which is awesome, it was waaaay cheaper than the lipo6 stuff my friends take and just as effective....i've been an atlarge consumer since i started and never looked back

ps. they even have fish oil!!! not to mention the creatine is dirt cheap and mixes great

HahnB
06-16-2007, 12:51 AM
I don't think anybody is saying Nitrean isn't a premium product. I just don't understand the drastic price increase since it was released.

HahnB
06-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Hahn, each individual will make their own decision on that issue.

Your opinion aside, our product is still very attractively priced relative to the market for what it is. In fact, it is still the least expensive product of its kind (comparing similar blends) on the market.

I sell Nitrean because I use it and 100% know it is the best protein one can take. Daniel and I offer it at a VERY reasonable price that will still allow a sufficient profit for us to remain in business and offer such a product at its price point.

I don't disagree with any of this. It's just hard to justify spending so much on protein if you consume say 8 or more scoops a day. Nitrean is by far the best protein I've used-but I just wish it was as cheap as it use to be.

Joe Black
06-16-2007, 04:23 AM
HahnB,

We realise we cannot please everyone. We've explained why we have increased our prices. Our cost have increased and we needed to position the price at a point where we can stay in business for the longer term and still stay competitive - we feel we have done that.

People will have to make their own decisions and it seems like you have so all I can really do is hope you come back to us in the future.

The other thing to consider is many people work really hard behind the scenes to keep the community running well and the articles published regularly. Just publishing the articles and keeping the server running costs $1,000 a month - entirely funded by AtLarge.

I'd like to thank all of our customers for their support...

We have actually sold more Nitrean in the first 15 days of June than in the first 15 days of May which shows that the majority of our customers are continuing to stick with what they know works and tastes great.

jAy_Dub
06-16-2007, 10:16 AM
I know this has been brought up before, but what about selling a 10 lb bag of Nitrean, for a little less? I go through a 5 lb tub of protein in about 2-3 weeks. I think 10 lbs would be a huge hit, since MANY members on these boards take as much or more protein than I do. And not to mention, wouldn't a bag be less expensive than a tub?

RBB
06-16-2007, 11:33 AM
I know this has been brought up before, but what about selling a 10 lb bag of Nitrean, for a little less? I go through a 5 lb tub of protein in about 2-3 weeks. I think 10 lbs would be a huge hit, since MANY members on these boards take as much or more protein than I do. And not to mention, wouldn't a bag be less expensive than a tub?

i could go for a larger size as well.

as for the rest of this thread, i'll just add my .02 cents in here. nitrean is a premium product. if the price is too much for you, don't buy it. the price per tub has gone up substantially since introduction because the cost of the raw ingredients has increased. its that simple, chris and dan aren't trying to pull one over on anybody. if you want the best product in any market, you're going to have to pay for it. when you look at the cost of simlilar products, nitrean is the best deal out there period.

HahnB
06-16-2007, 12:04 PM
HahnB,

We realise we cannot please everyone. We've explained why we have increased our prices. Our cost have increased and we needed to position the price at a point where we can stay in business for the longer term and still stay competitive - we feel we have done that.

People will have to make their own decisions and it seems like you have so all I can really do is hope you come back to us in the future.

The other thing to consider is many people work really hard behind the scenes to keep the community running well and the articles published regularly. Just publishing the articles and keeping the server running costs $1,000 a month - entirely funded by AtLarge.

I'd like to thank all of our customers for their support...

We have actually sold more Nitrean in the first 15 days of June than in the first 15 days of May which shows that the majority of our customers are continuing to stick with what they know works and tastes great.

If the price of raw materials has increased and other competitors show comparable price increases I will definitely be continuing to order from atlarge. I understand that a company as large as GNC may be able to attain materials in bulk cheaper than you guys, so that might be something to consider as well.

chris mason
06-16-2007, 02:39 PM
If the price of raw materials has increased and other competitors show comparable price increases I will definitely be continuing to order from atlarge. I understand that a company as large as GNC may be able to attain materials in bulk cheaper than you guys, so that might be something to consider as well.

Hahn, there are so many variables. Have you ever considered that fact that company like GNC might have a larger markup to begin with? Had you considered they have huge inventories and may have not cycled through product at the old price point yet? Did you even read this thread? Did you read that we priced Nitrean initially at below market number? You have NO idea what it costs to produce the product. Nitrean is one of the most expensive to PRODUCE products of its kind, yet it is far from the most expensive protein.

Anyway, I am getting a bit fatigued concerning this matter. I think you have repeated yourself, and stated your stance numerous enough times.

HahnB
06-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Hahn, there are so many variables. Have you ever considered that fact that company like GNC might have a larger markup to begin with? Had you considered they have huge inventories and may have not cycled through product at the old price point yet? Did you even read this thread? Did you read that we priced Nitrean initially at below market number? You have NO idea what it costs to produce the product. Nitrean is one of the most expensive to PRODUCE products of its kind, yet it is far from the most expensive protein.

Anyway, I am getting a bit fatigued concerning this matter. I think you have repeated yourself, and stated your stance numerous enough times.

I highly doubt a company such as GNC that is so well established would have unnecessarily large inventories, costing them money. The fact of the matter is that when a company increases prices, they're trying to make more money-for whatever reason. Businesses don't exist to make the consumers life better, they exist to make a profit. If the reasoning behind the two prices increases is raw materials, that will be reflected very shortly by other companies-and you should have nothing to worry about.

Con
06-16-2007, 05:14 PM
I do not really have much to add to this thread since ive never purchased nitrean.

I however will strive for the best possible education, which will hopefully lead to a high paying job, so I can buy all the nitrean I want. Hopefully the price doesnt rise too much in the next 10 years....

chris mason
06-16-2007, 05:27 PM
I highly doubt a company such as GNC that is so well established would have unnecessarily large inventories, costing them money. The fact of the matter is that when a company increases prices, they're trying to make more money-for whatever reason. Businesses don't exist to make the consumers life better, they exist to make a profit. If the reasoning behind the two prices increases is raw materials, that will be reflected very shortly by other companies-and you should have nothing to worry about.

We have nothing to worry about in any event. We offer the best protein on the market at a reasonable price.

I never said GNC has UNNECESSARILY large inventories.

The "fact" of the matter? Really, stating something as a fact when you have no idea to the actual facts is rather presumptive.

One more thing, we have already stated that part of the total increase was due to raw materials and part of it is due to the fact our profit was untenably low on the product. We are not hiding anything as you seem to be implying.

Here is a "fact" for your, Nitrean costs us over $7 more to produce per jug than when we first introduced it. It was suggested we change the formula by reducing the product's casein and egg content to reduce its cost. We could still make the same label claim and have a cheaper to produce product. We declined. Why? We declined because I will only offer the best ****ing product I can at the most reasonable price possible (one that allows us to stay in business).

Those are the FACTS for you.

chris mason
06-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I do not really have much to add to this thread since ive never purchased nitrean.

I however will strive for the best possible education, which will hopefully lead to a high paying job, so I can buy all the nitrean I want. Hopefully the price doesnt rise too much in the next 10 years....

Lol, thanks!

razorcut
06-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Nitrean is by far the best protein I've used-but I just wish it was as cheap as it use to be.And I wish gas was still $1/gallon.

It's the best product out there of its type.....at an extremely reasonable price. Bottom line.

LouPac
06-16-2007, 06:36 PM
This is STILL going? :scratch:

Time for a thread hijack.

Chris or Daniel, what's the proper pronunciation of Nitrean anyway? Every time I read it I pronounce it a different way.

chris mason
06-16-2007, 06:40 PM
And I wish gas was still $1/gallon.

It's the best product out there of its type.....at an extremely reasonable price. Bottom line.

Thank you!

chris mason
06-16-2007, 06:40 PM
This is STILL going? :scratch:

Time for a thread hijack.

Chris or Daniel, what's the proper pronunciation of Nitrean anyway? Every time I read it I pronounce it a different way.

Ni-treen

:)

LouPac
06-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Ni-treen

:)

Cool, thanks.

Now what are your thoughts on the business ethics of Wal-Mart?

chris mason
06-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Cool, thanks.

Now what are your thoughts on the business ethics of Wal-Mart?

They are the downfall of our economy. :thumbup:

Jordanbcool
06-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Chris I would third the idea of possibly adding a 10lb bag of nitrean to your inventory. I used to go through a tub of nitrean every 2 months. Now its up to 1 month and possibly more. I would love to have a huge 10lb bag of nitrean so I don't have so many damned containers laying around lol.

But yea, thats a cool idea. If you can get it and enough people would buy its a cool idea IMO. I'd buy some.

LouPac
06-17-2007, 01:46 AM
I'd get the 10 pounder as well.

HahnB
06-17-2007, 10:55 AM
And I wish gas was still $1/gallon.

Good one-nitrean and fuel are obviously very similar products.

razorcut
06-17-2007, 11:12 AM
In the free market, all products are similar. Thanks.

HahnB
06-17-2007, 11:12 AM
We have nothing to worry about in any event. We offer the best protein on the market at a reasonable price.

I never said GNC has UNNECESSARILY large inventories.

The "fact" of the matter? Really, stating something as a fact when you have no idea to the actual facts is rather presumptive.

One more thing, we have already stated that part of the total increase was due to raw materials and part of it is due to the fact our profit was untenably low on the product. We are not hiding anything as you seem to be implying.

Here is a "fact" for your, Nitrean costs us over $7 more to produce per jug than when we first introduced it. It was suggested we change the formula by reducing the product's casein and egg content to reduce its cost. We could still make the same label claim and have a cheaper to produce product. We declined. Why? We declined because I will only offer the best ****ing product I can at the most reasonable price possible (one that allows us to stay in business).

Those are the FACTS for you.

You have to understand that when you tell someone you went into business, losing money, selling a product for less than it costs to make, people are going to be skeptical. I'm not really sure how this is possible, you must be making a killing on another product.

The Champion
06-17-2007, 11:31 AM
You have to understand that when you tell someone you went into business, losing money, selling a product for less than it costs to make, people are going to be skeptical. I'm not really sure how this is possible, you must be making a killing on another product.

Hahn, you are an idiot. What he is saying is that when AtLargeNutrition first went into business, it cost the company $7 less to produce a jug of nitrean. In other words, RAW MATERIALS WERE CHEAPER BACK THEN BUT ARE MORE EXPENSIVE NOW! So if you want to go ahead and bitch about everything Hahn, go bitch to those who produce the whey and casein and egg. You are an idiot. Please take Economics 101

The Champion
06-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Everyone also needs to keep in mind that AtLargeNutrition has a FLAT RATE for SHIPPING no matter your order.

chris mason
06-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Everyone also needs to keep in mind that AtLargeNutrition has a FLAT RATE for SHIPPING no matter your order.

Thanks for defending us!

Just to clarify, it is a tiered flat rate.

chris mason
06-17-2007, 12:49 PM

That is NOT what I said. I said, the PROFIT was untenable (i.e., too small).

You don't seem to comprehend what I am writing.

HahnB
06-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Hahn, you are an idiot. What he is saying is that when AtLargeNutrition first went into business, it cost the company $7 less to produce a jug of nitrean. In other words, RAW MATERIALS WERE CHEAPER BACK THEN BUT ARE MORE EXPENSIVE NOW! So if you want to go ahead and bitch about everything Hahn, go bitch to those who produce the whey and casein and egg. You are an idiot. Please take Economics 101

I've taken 3 economics classes, thanks. They have a flat rate for shipping because of the nature/type of their products. Being an expert I'm surprised you couldn't figure this out.

I mis-read Chris's post, but that has nothing to do with my argument.

jAy_Dub
06-17-2007, 12:58 PM
So Chris, have you considered coming out with a 10 lb container of Nitrean? Or is it something you dont plan on doing.

Joe Black
06-17-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't think we are going to be doing a 10lb contained in the near future, but of course won't rule it out!

method115
06-17-2007, 04:34 PM
If you'll ever do 10lb bags I will probably give it a try. Until then I'm gonna stick to the trueprotien they have the 10lb bags their and I love it.

edit:

I just noticed that at trueprotien prices have also gone up since my last order.

LouPac
06-17-2007, 05:02 PM
A 10lb bag would be convenient, but it doesn't matter, I usually buy 2 or more Nitreans at a time anyway, so same difference.

chris mason
06-17-2007, 06:09 PM
If you'll ever do 10lb bags I will probably give it a try. Until then I'm gonna stick to the trueprotien they have the 10lb bags their and I love it.

edit:

I just noticed that at trueprotien prices have also gone up since my last order.

Trueprotein is a good company from what I have seen and Dante is a good guy.

I am not surprised they have increased their prices.

Chris

chris mason
06-18-2007, 07:57 AM
This thread has definitely run its course. Please read it from the beginning if you are interested.

Chris