PDA

View Full Version : New pics, feedback appreciated

someguy280
05-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey, I just took these pictures this morning, no pump.

I'm 6'4", 195 lbs. I've been lifting for awhile, but only training/eating properly for a bit less than a year. Lifts are bench 230x5, squat 230x5 (terrible because of poor leg training for years, but it's catching up fast), deadlift 285x5, military press 135x5, row 175x5.

No wheels because I already know they need work.

Any thoughts? Feedback? Areas I should work on? Right now I'm continuing with Madcow's 5x5 program, which is yielding great results, with a very clean, slow bulk. I've been getting frustrated lately, because I've found that it's hard for any mass to show up on such a tall frame, but I'm doing my best, and hopefully, with another 15-20 lbs of muscle, I'll be satisfied with where I'm at.

Thanks in advance.

McVein
05-23-2007, 03:17 PM
230 squat times 5??? thats not terrible?

All your lifts are very good for your weight.

i'd work on everything, if youre finding it hard to gain, just eat more.

someguy280
05-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean terrible in any objective way, I just meant I would like it to be higher in comparison to my other lifts. As in, it's a bit unbalanced that I bench as much as I squat. Thanks!

McVein
05-23-2007, 03:24 PM
What are your goals?
Are the squats to parralel?
Hows the diet?

someguy280
05-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Squats are a bit past parallel. I started out doing them less strictly, then made the smart move of chosing form over weight, lowered the weight and got my form down.

I'm training for both strength and size...I want to be healthy, fit, look good, and be able to move iron. I wouldn't want to sacrifice physique for strength (powerlifting) or train for purely aesthetics (bodybuilding), I prefer the middle ground where I work on both.

My ultimate long-term strength goal would have to be getting my big 3 (squat, dead, bench) total above 1000. I haven't 1RM'd in a long time, so I don't know how close I am, but I'd estimate deadlift 325x1, squat 260x1, bench 260x1, which totals to 845. Adding 155 lbs to those lifts is a lot of weight, but if I continue to train hard, I know I can do it.

My diet is pretty good. I make sure to get at least 1.2g of protein per lb bodyweight a day, spread out in as many meals as I can fit in (usually 5-6). Carbs are strictly complex (with the exception of some fruit)...mostly oats and whole grains. I also try to eat some cottage cheese (for the casein protein) before I go to sleep. Counting calories has never been as effective for me as going by feeling...if I stop making strength gains or slowly increasing weight, I eat a little more next week. The only supplements I use are a multi-vitamen and fish oil capsules.

Bako Lifter
05-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Adding 155 lbs to those lifts is a lot of weight, but if I continue to train hard, I know I can do it.
I'm sure that extra weight will come easier and faster than you think... If you keep training hard.

As for the pictures, you look pretty lean, but I agree that 20 more pounds on your frame would make a big difference. :thumbup:

SDS
05-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I'd say your #'s are pretty good. You're about the same size as me, but you've got me beat by a fair margin in all the lifts you listed.

ToughStuff
05-25-2007, 01:40 PM
dont do that last pose its horrible!

peacefrog
05-25-2007, 03:10 PM
You should check Zane's hands over the head pose with a vacuum:

http://www.frankzane.com/images/vacuum79.jpg

Looks pretty cool I reckon.

For the OP:

Pretty good numbers, and nice physique. What you've been doing so far seems to have worked. Keep at it:thumbup: