Detard
05-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Bench 205
S3sJiYcmY9U

Bench 225 miss
AqauINqCYPU

Flyes
D_GeAZvTPUk

Any tips or pointers/critiques about my form or anything? I know that the spotter had his hands on the bar so I dont count it as my max. My previous best was 215 but I missed 225 today. Directly after these I did a bunch of sets at lower weight to work on my leg drive and explosion. I'm gonna try out a new program that incorporates ME and DE days.=

sharkall2003
05-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Looked like he was hugging that bar pretty bad. Next time have your spotter take a step back. Form looked pretty good. Trying putting some more bend in your back. That's about my only complaint.

Detard
05-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah i'm not gonna lie, he helped me get 225. Hopefully i'll have it in a few weeks time. Thanks for the tips

jtteg_x
05-24-2007, 07:11 PM
try sticking your chest out more and give yourself a little arch. foot position is also important if your using the PL technique.

Sidior
05-24-2007, 08:47 PM
You are getting stronger for sure man nice! Arch more if possible, or get a bigger gut :D Also are your heals fully on the floor? It looks like the side of your foot is coming up a bit, which would kill your leg drive.

drew
05-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Get your feet out and dig in. Pull your shoulders together and set up on your traps. Arch your back hard and get your hips up. When you think you're tight, push your shoulders into the bench and dig in more with your feet. Breathe into your belly and push your abs out hard then hold your breath.
Get your handoff guy to hand you the bar instead of yanking it off the racks, he's nearly pulling you off the bench.

And gain about 100 lbs. That would help tremendously.

smokinHawk
05-25-2007, 06:28 AM
where are you griping the bar, it looks like you might benifit from moving it out a bit.
you fee position look good, nothing wrong with just having the sides of your feet connact, i can get alot of leg drive on the sides, when i put my feet real wide which helps me keep my butt on the bench.
like everyone else said you can benefit from an arch.

and yell at the spotter from yanking it off, putting his hands on the bar on the part you dont need help.

and dont worry about gaining weight to get big numbers on the bench just SFW! at any weight

Detard
05-25-2007, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. On my DE days i'll try to really work on my arch and improve my leg drive.

smokinhawk - My chest is weaker in relation to my tri's so i'm not so sure a wide grip would help me that much. I can closegrip 170x5 but only regular 185/190x3. I'll give it a try though, I'm always open to trying new techniques.

smokinHawk
05-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. On my DE days i'll try to really work on my arch and improve my leg drive.

smokinhawk - My chest is weaker in relation to my tri's so i'm not so sure a wide grip would help me that much. I can closegrip 170x5 but only regular 185/190x3. I'll give it a try though, I'm always open to trying new techniques.

you might not see instant gains, but you probably will see some pretty quickly. but id only suggest moving them out maybe an inch. start with a half an inch getting comortable with that then do another half inch.
i cant see exactly where you put your hands on your bar where are they at. I am about as tall as you and put my pinky on the ring, before i had it an inch from the ring and i moved it out near the beginning of the year and my bench moved up a quick 5lbs just from that.
i am happy with my hand placement for now but may go wider if i feel like it will increase my max more..

Detard
05-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Right now i do ring fingers on the rings. I'll try to move it out abit and see how that works. Thanks for the comments eh.

smokinHawk
05-25-2007, 09:39 AM
it doesnt look like your at ring finger on the ring, thats wide (are you talking about the outer ring on a standard oly barbell)
if you have it there i wouldnt move it out any farther, i guess i just cant see it on the vid