PDA

View Full Version : need a run down on leptin and NHE

someoneunlikeyo
02-27-2002, 03:07 AM
I've know little about leptin and NHE and am very fascinated by them and feel I could benifit from them. As a newbie, I tried searching them to gain better understanding but wind up reading miles of details that elude me. so anyone with a quick summary and good grasp on this please reply

Someone

MonStar1023
02-27-2002, 06:23 AM
someoneunlikeyo-
I having been doing NHE since mid-December and seen GREAT results. When it comes to leptin NHE does not optimize this horomone as much as it does insulin, growth horomone, etc. Leptin is secreted during the carb-up meal(s) but otherwise, I dont feel that leptin is optimized at all. NHE is generally a low-carb diet, (under 30-60g per day), other than the carb-up meals. During the carb-up meals, the intake of so many calories and carbs stimulates secretion of insulin and leptin.

:cool::cool:

irish mike
02-27-2002, 07:13 AM
i cant help ya with leptin but here's the cutting diet for NHE.for the first 7 days stay below 20 gr of carbs daily then your allowed 30 -60 gr(carbs)daily with an all you can eat carb up for your last meal on the third day and seventh day of each week

Wizard
02-27-2002, 10:10 AM
NHE is not the best diet to ensure that leptin is at a good level.
A 40-30-30 diet with random refeeds (every 3-4 days preferably) should be better than NHE.
And then, NHE does not optimize insulin.

reso
02-27-2002, 10:11 AM
no carb days? no carb loading? no all u can eat buffet on weekeneds PFTTTTTTT