PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy got Fat!

Fuzzy
05-24-2007, 01:53 AM
Rowing season finishes, weighing a pretty solid 200ish... and then, BOOM.

I ballooned to 220, and put on waaaaaaay too much fat. Even I cant bull**** myself anymore.

Day 9 of cut today, and so far dropped 5lbs pretty quick. ALso this is a kick arse diet that my coach put me on, and Im finding it very easy to stick to.

Without further ado...

Fuzzy
05-24-2007, 03:48 AM

McVein
05-24-2007, 04:04 AM
Very thick mate, very old too.

sharkall2003
05-24-2007, 04:31 AM
The powerlifting gut!

Fuzzy
05-24-2007, 05:35 AM
Everyone with 25%?

Rock Steady
05-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Everyone with 25%?

Nah, there's some serious muscle there.... 19-22% is my guess.

Stumprrp
05-24-2007, 06:49 AM
ah you did put on some weight huh fuzz, expect bigger squats though! haha, yeah 23-25% is right, you deff. have mass though, dont let it bother you, tight diet and heavy training will have you back to 14-16% in no time.

Fuzzy
05-24-2007, 07:02 AM
oh,its war stump, ill break a 500 atg june next year, thats promise!

ericg
05-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Change the date on your camera!

You've got a ton of size for a 14yo.

Beast
05-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Legs are huge. Good luck on the cut... don't go crazy with the bulk next time!

Kiwirower
05-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Do you row on bow-side? Your left leg looks bigger ......

Beast
05-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Do you row on bow-side? Your left leg looks bigger ......
I think it's because his left leg is rotated outward. Look at his knees.

Bob
05-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Awesome bulk Fuzzy...
But seriously, why the cut? Why not just grow into your weight?

I know I going to catch some cr_p by some of the more experienced bulkers & cutters on here... but I really don't think going though though these cycles are great for a 14-15 yr old.

Seriously, you are not that over weight Fuzzy (~20%) and you are trying to build a lot of strength, right? For both OL'ing and PL'ing, right? Just stay on maintenance calories for a 220'lber and you will gain some great mass. The way you lift, with your coaching, with your attitude and with your strength, guarantee you can stay the same weight and easily be down to 15% in 4-6 months. (That would be about 11 lbs of muscle gained and fat lost).

Or when you get back to rowing on a full time basis and continue to eat the same amount of maintenance calories, you will trim up even faster.

Unless you have some type of weight class goal right now.. I just don't see the benefit to cutting.

Fire away WBB'ers.. fire away...

GL Fuzzy

Sidior
05-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Awesome bulk Fuzzy...

I know I going to catch some cr_p by some of the more experienced bulkers & cutters on here... but I really don't think going though though these cycles are great for a 14-15 yr old.

Seriously, you are not that over weight Fuzzy (~20%) and you are trying to build a lot of strength, right? For both OL'ing and PL'ing, right? Just stay on maintenance calories for a 220'lber and you will gain some great mass. The way you lift, with your coaching, with your attitude and with your strength, guarantee you can stay the same weight and easily be down to 15% in 4-6 months. (That would be about 11 lbs of muscle gained and fat lost).

Or when you get back to rowing on a full time basis and continue to eat the same amount of maintenance calories, you will trim up even faster.

Unless you have some type of weight class goal right now.. I just don't see the benefit to cutting.

GL Fuzzy

I actually could not agree more. Solid call bearwolf.

Fuzzy you can tell you put on some fat, but muscle too and you carry it well.

markdk86
05-24-2007, 01:21 PM
You're a porker, lol. Good luck with the cut.

muscleup
05-24-2007, 02:07 PM
+1 for a recomp attempt b4 you cut.

Guido
05-24-2007, 02:38 PM
+1 for a recomp attempt b4 you cut.x2

I would maintain weight for a while (just don't gain!), and keep lifting hard and heavy. Perhaps throw in some HIIT if you must. Watch that diet and just try to lower carbs and keep getting proteins + fats. I think you can pull off 215ish without much difficulty if you eat right.

peacefrog
05-24-2007, 03:30 PM
That's the biggest 14 year old I've ever seen.

Jinkies
05-24-2007, 07:06 PM
My hats off to you fuzzy, you definately are gonna pass me up if you keep working this hard

Fuzzy
05-25-2007, 03:48 AM
Awesome bulk Fuzzy...

GL Fuzzy

I hate you! That just makes so much sense!!

Look... the resons for the cut isnt really an athletic one, its more a need for me to finally get over my tonne of fat insecurities and move on from it.

When I started lifting, man was I cocky, heck 90% of WBB can account for how annoying my posts were. I started lifting cause I had a point to prove, dont know exactly what that was, but I just wanted to CHANGE.

and I did, but that came with a veritable ego explosion, at the time when I pulled 3pps... well, I thought I was top ****. Now I can triple 5pps and call it a normal session.

Im in it for me now, no one else.

Wich is exactly why Im cutting. Being that fat kid still hurts, and I know I should be mentally thougher than this, but wounds take time to heal. I have to put up with my girlfriends friends unending bitching 'she can do so much better then that fat ass!'

I hate being jumpy about it, once a teacher said 'take of your hat' i thought he said fat and was about to kill him, Im so damn insecure, I always feel as if people thinkIm fat. Not because Im obese npw, but I was.

I neeed this cut, atleast to a respectable body fat, and like any teenager, I want it NOW! Im enjoying this, ic an feel it, I know what will happen, Im on pretty low cals, its working, I can sticl to the diet (barely!) and I finally feel as if I have an attainable physique goal.

Even strength athletes have a body builder inside them.

Tell you what, Ill se how i feel and look at 210, if its enough for me Ill do the recomp thing, if it isnt... Ill just keep going.

Hehe, I put on some muscle mass didnt I? Couldent have been 20lbs of pure fat, otherwise my %'s wouldent be right

Thanks everyone!

Kiwirower
05-25-2007, 04:28 AM
So ... do you row bow-side, or as someone suggested, does your left leg look bigger just because your knee is turned out?

Fuzzy
05-25-2007, 05:08 AM
I turned one leg out to show the thickness of my legs... they;re good.

I dont even row sweeps, heavy wieght junior quad.

If I can row this year, Il be in the 8's. Fingers crossed.

I pulled a 6:39 before season ended. Now ill be puffing to maike 7.

Kiwirower
05-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Good luck for the 8. I'm sure there's space for a big/strong lad like you at 4 or 5 seat. The quad is great fun but there's nothing quite like an 8 at full speed ....

Titanium_Jim
05-25-2007, 12:45 PM
I agree with bearwolf completely. At 14, you've got some growing left to do. If you eat at maintenance or a little bit higher, stay active, eat healthy, sleep enough, and get taller, that fat won't be near as noticeable. It will strecth, and in the process, you will most likely end up burning a lot anyway with your knowledge of how to train and eat. I would eat to grow, no reason to cut at 14. Just think, if you went on a slow bulk until you are 18, gain an average of 15 pounds per year, you could be a STRONG, solid 280 pounds (127kg Aussie) by the time you're eighteen. If you minimize your fat gain, your bodyfat percentage will have dropped, and with getting taller, you will look a lot leaner, and you can cut at 18 and look like a freakin' monster.

HeavyBomber
05-25-2007, 05:41 PM
You've got a ton of size for a 14yo.

No doubt.
Visit my journal bud. Give my routine a try.

Fuzzy
05-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Id love to big guy but I cant do anything my coach doenst say to.

BigDreamz
05-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Wow you're only 14? You are gonna be a beast

Gabrielle
05-26-2007, 10:05 PM
You are huge for a 14 year old.

Fuzzy
05-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Thank you.

Ive worked hard, but I kinda got lucky in the test and growth department.

But Ive been getting alot of people saying to me the early bloomers always screw up later, Im determined to prove that wrong.

North
05-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Don't worry about it, now is time growing season for you. Why waiste it because your a little on the chubby side? If your g/f dumps you then she's not much of a g/f anyways.

Fuzzy
05-30-2007, 03:36 AM
**** IT.

Imma clean bulk bitches!

The lady dont care, I frankly dont give a **** anymore and all I wanna do is squat 4 red plates and this cutting buisness ****s with that!

WERES MY CHICKEN!!?!?

schmitty199
05-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Thank you.

Ive worked hard, but I kinda got lucky in the test and growth department.

But Ive been getting alot of people saying to me the early bloomers always screw up later, Im determined to prove that wrong.

As a very general statement from what ive seen thats true. With your motivation its highly unlikley that you fall into that catergory though.

Ive seen it in several kids in my class, K-middle school they were always the biggest, strongest, fastest, and basically just the best at every sport. In a small town where everyone knows everyone, the best athletes get told about how great they are all the time growing up. And eventually that gets chisled in there head and they believe it.

They stop lifting hard if they ever did, stop doing plyometrics/conditioning in the offseasons ect. And eventually the guys that maybe werent the complete studs growing up pass them.

DaoineSidhe
05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Who the hell put fuzzy's head on my body?

Fuzzy
06-01-2007, 04:00 AM
Is that an insult? :p

DaoineSidhe
06-01-2007, 09:51 AM
lol nah. You still have considerable more muscle than I do. But wow, it did make me do a double take.