PDA

View Full Version : My "Progress"

Con
05-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Cant believe its almost been a year since I got serious, too bad I made a lot of mistakes this year. Live and learn I suppose.

Start (http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/con_nick/)

August 30, 2006(after a "cut") (http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/con_nick/August%2030%202006/)

Somewhere in October or November(REBOUND) (http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/con_nick/Fat/)

Today (http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/con_nick/May%2024%202007/)

I had a refeed last night. Not that I usualy look much different anyway. I am at about 185, which is 5 pounds heavier then when I started. At this point, im unsure what to do. Everyone has their own beliefs based on their own experiences. I guess I should stick with the learning good habits and tryin to get stronger tho.

PS: I think the 5 pounds I gained went straight to my legs, cuz my back and upper body still look weak.

KingWilder
05-24-2007, 07:41 AM
lookin' a ton better Con...you can see all the work you've put in

and your legs look really great....best part IMO

SvDave
05-24-2007, 09:06 AM
august of 2007? where did you get that time machine?

Con
05-24-2007, 09:14 AM
King - Thanks, not sure if I will ever be happy tho. Guess thats just the way things are.

SVDave - Haha, smart ass :p. I edited it, was supposed to be 2006...obviously :)

Stumprrp
05-24-2007, 04:40 PM
making good progress con, most of your weight is in your legs! not a bad thing!

Anthony
05-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Huge progress, kid! Stick with it. Legs are sick!!

ArchAngel777
05-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Keep up the work bro... Consistancy is the key!

getfit
05-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Well done Con,you've progressed a great deal.

Clifford Gillmore
05-25-2007, 05:42 AM
Looking awesome man! I wish I made progress as quick :) You'll look even better in another years time!

Rock Steady
05-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Very good work.

I'm super jealous of your legs.

BigDreamz
05-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Good job! Awesome work on legs. Keep at it!

ddegroff
05-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Looking good bro!

I would stick with your plan, the hard work is paying off!

KingWilder
05-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I think I'm nicknaming you legzilla

yeah, that'll work

faithless
05-26-2007, 06:31 PM
the legs look great but i don't understand what's going on with the upper body? It just seems like you slimmed down but with no muscles. Not trying to be harsh sorry, i genuinely don't understand what's going on there.

Con
05-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks everyone. I HATE my upperbody. Its reall wierd. If I had any amount of muscle up there, id be content with slowly cuttin, but as it seems I dont, and im always at a crossraods.

Con
06-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Figured id keep up on this.

June 28, 2007 (http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/con_nick/June%2028%202007/)

Crappy vid of legs (http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/con_nick/June%2028%202007/?action=view&current=DSCN0685.flv)

Still keeping up in the gym and everything. Things are about to get busy with school, but with the three all I can eat meals they provide, I may possibly be able to put some weight on myself and the bar.

Indifference
06-28-2007, 06:43 PM
dude... your legs... are ENORMOUS.

TheLion
06-29-2007, 08:41 AM
good work. keep it up.

getfit
06-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Great progress Con.Keep at it.

TwiloMike
06-29-2007, 09:55 AM
I see great progress. Legzilla is definitely accurate. As far as your upper body... perhaps some changes are in order. I hadn't looked at your journal in a while... but I'll take a look at it.

Con
06-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks everyone. Not that I dislike my legs, but it would be nice if my upperbody was on Par with my lower half.

TM, I havent been keeping up on my log, but be my guest to diagnose my problem. I think im just unbalanced.

G O R T
06-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Some questions Con,

You are obviously doing quite well on weight control, good work on that!

How long is your rest between sets on upper body exercises?

Why do you do dips on seperate days, and what style dips?

When you have a good day (upper body) do you feel like you don't recover for your next workout?

Which exercises seem to you to be NOT working the intended muscles?

You seem to have been following the same basic plan for a long time without much upper body progress. Why do you think that is?

It would appear that a change in upper body workouts is in order.
Instead of just growing like a weed as some do (legs excepted), you may need to finesse that growth (like me) by periodizing workouts to provide a bit more metabolic recovery.

Con
06-29-2007, 04:17 PM
First I'd like to say, appreciate the interest GORT. Lemme answer your questions.

How long is your rest between sets on upper body exercises?

Proably 2-3 minutes

Why do you do dips on seperate days, and what style dips?

Not sure, but I do the ones off a machine, with my legs dangling in the air.

When you have a good day (upper body) do you feel like you don't recover for your next workout?

Not necessarily that I dont recover, but Ive ALWAYS been about losing weight. ATM I still am, but just tryin to do it the right way, with good habits, lifestyle changes, etc. Ive never had a chance to even let my upperbody grow, but that didnt stop my lower half.

Which exercises seem to you to be NOT working the intended muscles?

Offhand, Id day Bench and Chins. I feel like bench and chins are both arm exercizes.

You seem to have been following the same basic plan for a long time without much upper body progress. Why do you think that is?

No idea, but Ive only been training seriously for a year. I kinda rebounded and layed off training at times which definately hampered my progress.

It would appear that a change in upper body workouts is in order.
Instead of just growing like a weed as some do (legs excepted), you may need to finesse that growth (like me) by periodizing workouts to provide a bit more metabolic recovery.

Not that that doesnt make sense, but Im still a begginer by far. Ive always been told to stick to the basics. I can't even bench my BW, and my BF is still a bit high for my liking. Not sure if complicating things is really the best thing.

Feel free to correct me and offer any advice; I am just being honest and trying to listen to what has been preached so much.

First I'd like to say, appreciate the interest GORT. Lemme answer your questions.

G O R T
06-29-2007, 08:07 PM
O.k. If you had a bad workout, what do you think led up to it?

How often and in what muscles would you say that you got a good burning pump?

What kind of activities were you up to in the last few years before you started training? Specifically anything for the legs. Soccer? Biking? How much?

What does your meal timing look like in general and in relation to your workouts.

What do you do for cardio?

You see, when I was young I also had large legs and little muscle up top. I was 6' tall and 145 lbs with most of that weight in my legs. This has been quite hard for me to rectify following the usual styles of training. I have had much more success lately with both upper body size and strength through dedicated "mitochondrial density" training periodized with regular strength training.

I am just wondering if it would be a good direction for you to try.

ddegroff
06-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Damn bro, lookin' good bro. I also agree your legs are huge. I'm guessing those last two photo's are the most recent. It looks like you've stuck with your routine. Keep up the good work.

All that time reading over at bodyrecomp has been paying off!

Invain
06-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Definitely a big difference. Nice leggies.

Con
06-30-2007, 01:31 PM
O.k. If you had a bad workout, what do you think led up to it?

Never really was much interested in performance starting out, so I just lifted as hard as I could. Now that Im more aware of how I feel/lift, I have to say poor sleep and lethargy kinda got to me.

How often and in what muscles would you say that you got a good burning pump?

Not sure why thats important, but my arms and shoulders seem to feel a lot of stress in pressing and pulling movements.

What kind of activities were you up to in the last few years before you started training? Specifically anything for the legs. Soccer? Biking? How much?

When I was in school, Id do gym. That was running, sprinting and playing some sports such as football, basketball soccer. This was 2-3 times a week.
What does your meal timing look like in general and in relation to your workouts.

What do you do for cardio?

Currently its lots of walking, and before I did some HIIT and running. Sports when I was in school could count aswell.

You see, when I was young I also had large legs and little muscle up top. I was 6' tall and 145 lbs with most of that weight in my legs. This has been quite hard for me to rectify following the usual styles of training. I have had much more success lately with both upper body size and strength through dedicated "mitochondrial density" training periodized with regular strength training.

I am just wondering if it would be a good direction for you to try.

I am also wondering the same thing. Care to fill me in on the specifics?

DDeg -

Damn bro, lookin' good bro. I also agree your legs are huge. I'm guessing those last two photo's are the most recent. It looks like you've stuck with your routine. Keep up the good work.

All that time reading over at bodyrecomp has been paying off!

Thanks. I like bodyrecomp forums. Fun and no BS.

And all those pics(last two LINKS) were from the same day. I dont know why, but at sometimes im tigher than others, and I did notice a big shift in how I felt with regards to leanness, or so it appears.

Invain -

Definitely a big difference. Nice leggies.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Con
08-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Hmm, guess that guys forgot about me.

Anyway, this is a small update for me. I went through this summer program where they give you three meals a day, wake you up at 5 AM, and do exercises, and have a crappy facility they call a gym.

That setup could have left me in 3 situation, 2 of which were bad. I made it out ok, and even took a week break. Not that I feel astoundingly better, but maybe if I do it more often, I will appreciate the difference.

Anyway here are my latest PICS (http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/con_nick/August%2014%202007/). These were taken yesterday, and I wegihed in at 170 on friday. I am done trying to lose weight. I think Im decently lean, but just with no real mass. So the focus is taking a complete turn, and I want to be a strong sumbitch. Im throwing in some conditioing work and AR when I see fit.

One last thing for this long post: Anyone know where to find a good cloth tape measure? I was thinking the Kmart or maybe walmart, but Ive never actually seen one for sale anywhere.

Ramstein85
08-21-2007, 04:55 AM
your upper body def improved. I can SOME muscles in the chest and abs area.

You need to be doing some overall upper body work. What are you following in terms of routine? I think WBB 1.1 would be great for your upper body, maybe you can take the upper body workouts from there and incorporate it with whatever u doing for the legs cause they look great.

Hope this helps.

PS. Nice legs !!