Fat: 14 124 17%
Sat: 4 32 4%
Poly: 4 38 5%
Mono: 4 37 5%
Carbs: 134 457 63%
Fiber: 20 0 0%
Protein: 35 138 19%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

i had a bowl of porridge, an apple and a glass of milk, i dont know if its calculated correctly because its my first time on fitday.

at the moment im trying to increase muscle mass, so im looking to increase the protien im getting.

any advice?

Noxon
05-26-2007, 08:48 AM
That's not a bad breakfast. I eat something very similar every morning, the difference is that I substitute a banana for your apple and I add Nitrean to my milk for extra protein.

I believe that bananas provide a better nutritional source than apples... Apples mainly provide a small amount of vitamin C and dietary fiber. Most of their calories come from fructose sugars and starches.

Bananas tend to supply potassium, protein and vitamin B6, which apples do not. They are also a good supply of vitamin C and dietary fiber, the same as apples. They provide more calories, but that's the idea, right? You're on a slow bulk, you want the calories and you want the best taste and nutrition possible while getting those calories... So I recommend bananas. I think they're a great fruit, probably the best fruit in terms of nutritional value! If you like their taste, you can't go wrong by adding them to your diet.

Adding Nitrean to the milk simply provides a lot more protein.

Overall, your breakfast is certainly not bad. You could swap something else for the apple... You're obviously getting plenty of fiber from the porridge and the apple provides little else of any real value that you won't get a million times over elsewhere in your diet. Of course, if you really like apples, there is little harm in eating them. I usually have an apple a day, myself. Just not with breakfast... It's more of an empty "Hey, I could use 70 calories" midday snack for me.

Mr. D
05-26-2007, 01:35 PM
How much porridge,apples, and milk is he consuming to get 134g carbs? Something seems amiss...