PDA

View Full Version : rice milk

bounty
05-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Im not exactly lactose intolerant, but I know that dairy doesnt agree with me. So for a while I've drunk soy milk. But soy milk seems to have a bad rap, especially in this forum.
I've recently switched to rice milk enriched with chickpeas for protein. As far as I know it has no real disadvantages. It tastes good too.. The protein content may be a couple of grams fewer than soy or dairy though.

Anyway I thought Id just share that to people looking for an alternative to dairy.

Shaun

KingWilder
05-26-2007, 10:03 AM
what's the nutritional content on that?

doesn't it have more carbs and hardly any calcium and protein?

bounty
05-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Its enriched with chickpeas. I dont have the carton handy but I know a cup of soy milk for example might be about 8gms protein, rice milk would be about 4 or 5.

SDS
05-26-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't drink milk either (I try and avoid ALL dairy), but when I do have something with milk, or buttermilk (ie, biscuits, cakes, pie, etc.) I take some of these pills I get from GNC called Milk Digestant. They're lactase and rennet, and they seem to do a good job of breaking down the dairy. I don't have any problems if I take them.....
They've got pills and capsules, but I don't think the capsules have the rennet in them.
Where do you buy the ricemilk/chickpea stuff? Have you mixed it with any protein powder yet? How was it?

Mr. D
05-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Does nonfat,non-sweetened yogurt have the same effect on you?

What are total calories of the rice milk(fat,protein,carbs)?