PDA

View Full Version : Maximus

wdjuqi
05-27-2007, 11:03 AM
I was considering purchasing Maximus when it arrives, however, I was told in another thread that homemade weightgain shakes are vastly superior than product weightgainers... much cheaper too. Considering this, what makes Maximus so great? What would make me buy this instead of making cheaper and healthier homemade weightgain shakes?

Any idea yet on the price of these two products? I've always thought AtLarge is pretty expensive, just my honest opinion. Is fish oil a lot of calories...more than olive oil?

KingWilder
05-27-2007, 12:06 PM
fish oil is usually about 10 calories per pill (1g of fat)

ALN is "pretty expensive" because of it's quality...if you compare other products of similar quality (which I assure you, there are none) they would be way more.

As far as homemade weightgain shakes vs. Maximus...partly it comes down to convenience...I'll let Chris or Daniel get into this more though

ray34iyf
05-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, but Maximus has the added effects of ETS, right? Isn't microlactin included in the weightgainer?

chris mason
05-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Why would a homemade shake be "healthier"?

Anyway, Maximus has several ingredients that will make it tough for you to make a homemade, decent tasting, comparable version.

Anyway, if you feel our products are too expensive you are sold on the efficacy of inferior products and there is probably not much I can do to convince you otherwise.

Tell you what, wait until you read the reviews of those who use the product and then perhaps you will be ready to purchase it.

Chris

Organichu
05-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Hey Chris, I'm curious about whether you've done any pretesting with this product as you did with ETS.

I suspect that the synergy of potent Microlactin with an insured "good" weightgainer will produce some fantastic results, and I'd love to see how someone reacts to it.

Any plans to release some reviews with the product?

chris mason
05-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey Chris, I'm curious about whether you've done any pretesting with this product as you did with ETS.

I suspect that the synergy of potent Microlactin with an insured "good" weightgainer will produce some fantastic results, and I'd love to see how someone reacts to it.

Any plans to release some reviews with the product?

Not in the same sense. We did do some taste testing and I used the product extensively myself. In my opinion, the chocolate is the best tasting protein I have EVER tried. It tastes like a 'friggin brownie!

By the way, here is an press release we have for the product:

MAXIMUS™ is not your average weight-gainer supplement.

MAXIMUS™ is composed of some very unique ingredients which work synergistically to help you get HUGE!

MAXIMUS Protein Matrix™: consists of ultra-filtrated whey protein concentrate, isolated casein peptides, total milk protein isolates, whey protein isolates, glutamine peptides, and instantized egg albumin to provide an optimal source of protein to fuel massive GROWTH!

Microlactin™: is a special protein which exerts powerful ergogenic effects on the human body. Microlactin™ will reduce delayed onset muscular soreness, dramatically improve recovery, and help with joint pain. You can train harder and longer when using Microlactin™.

Inulin: is a fructan which has been demonstrated to produce numerous health benefits to include enhanced immune function, enhanced absorption of specific minerals, the lowering of serum triglycerides, and in promoting nitrogen balance. Optimal health promotes optimal progress in the gym.

Packed with growth promoting calories and ingredients, MAXIMUS™ will help you to unleash the mass-monster that dwells within!

wdjuqi
05-27-2007, 02:23 PM

http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=97099

Just going by what I was told.

How many calories are in one serving of Maximus? From what I've seen, a lot of weightgainer products don't really have that many calories in one serving...meaning you'd need about 4 servings to get 1,000+ in one shake and your powder is gone in less than a week.

So Maximus has whey in the formula? If you used Maximus could you just use that as your daily protein supplement or would still need to use a separate whey product?

Beast
05-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Most of the weight gainers out there are filled with crap, which is why they have a bad reputation here... I'm assuming that Maximus will be different, just like Nitrean.

Don't forget that it's so much more convenient to have a weight gainer powder than it is buying 10 ingredients and blending them all yourself.

chris mason
05-27-2007, 03:55 PM
http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=97099

Just going by what I was told.

How many calories are in one serving of Maximus? From what I've seen, a lot of weightgainer products don't really have that many calories in one serving...meaning you'd need about 4 servings to get 1,000+ in one shake and your powder is gone in less than a week.

So Maximus has whey in the formula? If you used Maximus could you just use that as your daily protein supplement or would still need to use a separate whey product?

Maximus has a MUCH BETTER than whey-only protein matrix. Please read the press release above.

Yes, Maximus could fulfill all of your suppmental protein needs.

Maximus is over 600 calories per serving when mixed in WATER. The serving size is not ridiculously huge at only 150 ish grams. If you mix it with whole milk you can easily get over 1000 calories per serving. There will be 20 servings per container.
Chris

mikey4402
05-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Not in the same sense. We did do some taste testing and I used the product extensively myself. In my opinion, the chocolate is the best tasting protein I have EVER tried. It tastes like a 'friggin brownie!

By the way, here is an press release we have for the product:

MAXIMUS™ is not your average weight-gainer supplement.

MAXIMUS™ is composed of some very unique ingredients which work synergistically to help you get HUGE!

MAXIMUS Protein Matrix™: consists of ultra-filtrated whey protein concentrate, isolated casein peptides, total milk protein isolates, whey protein isolates, glutamine peptides, and instantized egg albumin to provide an optimal source of protein to fuel massive GROWTH!

Microlactin™: is a special protein which exerts powerful ergogenic effects on the human body. Microlactin™ will reduce delayed onset muscular soreness, dramatically improve recovery, and help with joint pain. You can train harder and longer when using Microlactin™.

Inulin: is a fructan which has been demonstrated to produce numerous health benefits to include enhanced immune function, enhanced absorption of specific minerals, the lowering of serum triglycerides, and in promoting nitrogen balance. Optimal health promotes optimal progress in the gym.

Packed with growth promoting calories and ingredients, MAXIMUS™ will help you to unleash the mass-monster that dwells within!

am i reading this right. There will be Microlactin in the Maximus product?

Talking_God
05-27-2007, 10:49 PM
When's Maximus being released? Sounds like an interesting product.

chris mason
05-28-2007, 05:03 AM
am i reading this right. There will be Microlactin in the Maximus product?

You are, yes!

chris mason
05-28-2007, 05:04 AM
When's Maximus being released? Sounds like an interesting product.

We are having a bit of a bottleneck with production, but it will be very soon.

Chris

jAy_Dub
05-28-2007, 05:48 AM
What is going to be the price for maximus, Chris?

wdjuqi
05-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Congrats, Chris. You just made a sale. :bow:

I'll definitely be buying Maximus now. It seems like an excellent cost-saving product for everyone here with not having to buy a whey protein product anymore, just use Maximus and kill two birds with one stone. But considering this, won't Maximus make Nitrean obsolete? Why would someone buy Maximus AND Nitrean?

Seems to good to be true really. :p

wdjuqi
05-28-2007, 08:01 AM

Wondering that too. :scratch:

Any approximate time-frame for release date? 2 weeks? 2 months?

ray34iyf
05-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Don't forget that it would also have the effects of ETS. So, ETS+Nitrean in one shake.

chris mason
05-28-2007, 08:55 AM

We have not yet decided, but it will most likely be in the range of Nitrean (a bit higher, but you will get 7 lbs of Maximus).

chris mason
05-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Wondering that too. :scratch:

Any approximate time-frame for release date? 2 weeks? 2 months?

2 weeks

Beast
05-28-2007, 08:56 AM
But considering this, won't Maximus make Nitrean obsolete? Why would someone buy Maximus AND Nitrean?
:confused:

Maximus is a weight gainer/MRP. Nitrean is a protein supplement only. They are used for different purposes.

chris mason
05-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Congrats, Chris. You just made a sale. :bow:

I'll definitely be buying Maximus now. It seems like an excellent cost-saving product for everyone here with not having to buy a whey protein product anymore, just use Maximus and kill two birds with one stone. But considering this, won't Maximus make Nitrean obsolete? Why would someone buy Maximus AND Nitrean?

Seems to good to be true really. :p

Many, many people want just protein with which to supplement. They don't want additional calories. Nitrean is perfect for them.

Chris

wdjuqi
05-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Oh yeah. Duh, not everyone is on a bulk. I don't know what I thinking when I posted that.

Good to hear it'll be out in 2 weeks or so. As soon as I'm done with my ON whey, I'll just use Maximus for my weightgain and PWO shakes. I like all-in-one stuff for convenience.

I'm not really crazy though about it only be 20 servings..2 shakes a day would only last 10 days. $40 every 10 days could present a problem for me. :eek:

chris mason
05-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Oh yeah. Duh, not everyone is on a bulk. I don't know what I thinking when I posted that.

Good to hear it'll be out in 2 weeks or so. As soon as I'm done with my ON whey, I'll just use Maximus for my weightgain and PWO shakes. I like all-in-one stuff for convenience.

I'm not really crazy though about it only be 20 servings..2 shakes a day would only last 10 days. $40 every 10 days could present a problem for me. :eek:

I would suggest you just use 1 serving per day. You can combine it with milk or other calorie containing ingredients and have a 1000+ calorie shake. Any calories above and beyond that should come from foods.

Chris

mikey4402
05-28-2007, 09:32 AM
You are, yes!

That’s exciting, i was unaware of that. I Might have to give maximus a try now. Although i have yet to try ETS, so im thinking of grabbing a bottle of that first to see how i respond to microlactin.

Now will a serving of Maximus have the same amount of microlactin as a serving of ETS?

chris mason
05-28-2007, 09:40 AM
That’s exciting, i was unaware of that. I Might have to give maximus a try now. Although i have yet to try ETS, so im thinking of grabbing a bottle of that first to see how i respond to microlactin.

Now will a serving of Maximus have the same amount of microlactin as a serving of ETS?

No, 2g per serving which is 1/2 of what is in ETS. 2g is the recommended serving from the manufacturer of Microlactin(TM).

wdjuqi
05-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I would suggest you just use 1 serving per day. You can combine it with milk or other calorie containing ingredients and have a 1000+ calorie shake. Any calories above and beyond that should come from foods.

Chris

Ok, I guess $40 every 20 days isn't too bad. I was guying to buy Nitrean when I run out of my ON whey, so now I can just buy Maximus for pretty much the same price and get a bunch more calories in a serving than Nitrean. :clap:

Will there be any type of special sale price for the new product when it comes out?

ray34iyf
05-28-2007, 10:20 AM
This is sweet. After doing the math and juggling some numbers, instead of buying a bottle of ETS(using full serving) and jug of Nitrean(using two scoops a day), if I buy Maximus(cut scoop in half) and ETS(use 6 tabs instead of 8), I can end up getting basically the same effects(with the added carbs and other goodies) AND save $13 a month! I can't wait to start bulking again.

chris mason
05-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Ok, I guess $40 every 20 days isn't too bad. I was guying to buy Nitrean when I run out of my ON whey, so now I can just buy Maximus for pretty much the same price and get a bunch more calories in a serving than Nitrean. :clap:

Will there be any type of special sale price for the new product when it comes out?

Now, just to clarify, I said "in the range" of Nitrean and that it would be a bit more. :strong:

Phenom
05-28-2007, 12:37 PM
40$? Sounds like I'm gonna be continuing on with the Cytogainer.

sweetboi
05-28-2007, 12:45 PM
40$? Sounds like I'm gonna be continuing on with the Cytogainer.

Maybe a little more BUT for a 7lbs of Maximus.
Cytogainer you're looking at around (correct me if I'm wrong) 50$ for 6lbs.

Howard 9
05-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Could I use Nitrean as just as PWO and then Maximus as like a meal during the day?

chris mason
05-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Could I use Nitrean as just as PWO and then Maximus as like a meal during the day?

Yep, exactly.

Chris

ray34iyf
05-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Come to think of it, this is going to come in real handy next semester when I go back to Madison...
Hmm...spend $10 a day for crappy cafeteria meals from the school food service, or invest in Maximus with its quality goodness which would end up saving me over a hundred dollars a month...
You can expect a large order of this stuff come August! I can't wait!

ray34iyf
05-28-2007, 03:14 PM
So how well would Maximus work as a post workout shake?

chris mason
05-28-2007, 05:14 PM
So how well would Maximus work as a post workout shake?

It would work VERY well. It is what I am using.

Chris

ray34iyf
05-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Do you think that a half a scoop could get the job done for the Post-Workout Shake?

mikey4402
05-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Do you think that a half a scoop could get the job done for the Post-Workout Shake?

I think you need to worry more about your daily macros instead of worrying about getting x amount during your post workout. so i would say yes a half scoop would get the job done as long as your protien is about 1.5g xLBM
and your calories are in check,acording to your goals.

but if your questino is coming up because your trying to extend your buck and the amount of servings, i would suggest you look at less expensive supplements. Or even a better thought would be to use that money and buy some whole food.

Not saying this product isnt worth the money. but if your worried about the price vs the servings then you must be on a budget. So if you have a limited budget then i would worry more about food then supplements. They call these products supplements for a reason

Phenom
05-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Maybe a little more BUT for a 7lbs of Maximus.
Cytogainer you're looking at around (correct me if I'm wrong) 50$ for 6lbs.

Cytogainer does come in a 6 lb tub, but it's only $50 at the ripoff stores like GNC and vitamin world. I find them online for $24.99. It's one less pound than Maximus, but the serving size is smaller, so you get about the same number of servings per container as you would if you buy Maximus.

chris mason
05-29-2007, 06:29 AM

Half of a scoop, or half of a serving?

Chris Mason

chris mason
05-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Cytogainer does come in a 6 lb tub, but it's only $50 at the ripoff stores like GNC and vitamin world. I find them online for $24.99. It's one less pound than Maximus, but the serving size is smaller, so you get about the same number of servings per container as you would if you buy Maximus.

You bring up a good point, there is a HUGE difference between MAXIMUS(TM) and Cytogainer(TM).

First, Cytogainer uses only whey concentrate and hydrolyzed as its protein source. MAXIMUS uses a combination of whey fractions (concentrate, hydrolyzed, and isolate), casein, total milk protein isolates, glutamine peptides, and egg protein. There is simply NO comparison in the quality of protein in the two products. You use a weight gainer to gain quality weight, a superior protein source is absolutely integral to that goal.

Next, Cytogainer does NOT contain Microlatin(TM), flaxseed oil, or inulin. The dramatic effects each of these can have on your physique, especially the Microlactin(TM), are completely missing in the Cytogainer product.

Finally, the price point you are quoting on the Cytogainer product will be a thing of the past very soon.

RedSpikeyThing
05-29-2007, 07:54 AM
It contains Microlactin? That is an interesting choice. I was supplementing with it in pill form and it worked wonders on my DOMS. A weight gainer that reduces DOMS would be a pretty good combination :D

BCorn
05-29-2007, 08:11 AM
will the Maximus have fish oil in it, or just flax seed oil? does Opticen have Microlactin also? What is the main difference between Maximus and Opticen? they are both weight gainer/MRP's correct? is Maximus just more calories? thanks.

likne932
05-29-2007, 10:15 AM
We have not yet decided, but it will most likely be in the range of Nitrean (a bit higher, but you will get 7 lbs of Maximus).

Hi Chris, I'm looking forward to trying Maximus! Just curious though, is it more dense and fits in the same tub as Nitrean or did you have to get a bigger tub for Maximus?

Phenom
05-29-2007, 12:03 PM
You bring up a good point, there is a HUGE difference between MAXIMUS(TM) and Cytogainer(TM).

First, Cytogainer uses only whey concentrate and hydrolyzed as its protein source. MAXIMUS uses a combination of whey fractions (concentrate, hydrolyzed, and isolate), casein, total milk protein isolates, glutamine peptides, and egg protein. There is simply NO comparison in the quality of protein in the two products. You use a weight gainer to gain quality weight, a superior protein source is absolutely integral to that goal.

Next, Cytogainer does NOT contain Microlatin(TM), flaxseed oil, or inulin. The dramatic effects each of these can have on your physique, especially the Microlactin(TM), are completely missing in the Cytogainer product.

Finally, the price point you are quoting on the Cytogainer product will be a thing of the past very soon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying ALN's quality. I have a lot of respect for ALN's products and the company in general (customer service, quality of products, etc). Cytogainer, whether it is inferior in quality or not, is simply better fit for my budget. If, like you said, the low price of Cytogainer does become a thing of my past, switching to Maximus will be a simple and easy decision.

HahnB
05-29-2007, 03:44 PM
What amount of microlactin will be in each serving size of maximus?

chris mason
05-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Hi Chris, I'm looking forward to trying Maximus! Just curious though, is it more dense and fits in the same tub as Nitrean or did you have to get a bigger tub for Maximus?

Good question. We are deciding on the tubs right now. We will have to see.

Chris

chris mason
05-29-2007, 04:17 PM
What amount of microlactin will be in each serving size of maximus?

2g - The full dose recommended by Humanetics and 1/2 the dose in ETS.

chris mason
05-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying ALN's quality. I have a lot of respect for ALN's products and the company in general (customer service, quality of products, etc). Cytogainer, whether it is inferior in quality or not, is simply better fit for my budget. If, like you said, the low price of Cytogainer does become a thing of my past, switching to Maximus will be a simple and easy decision.

Well, just to clarify, it will go up in price I am sure, but will still most likely be cheaper than MAXIMUS.

Chris

chris mason
05-29-2007, 04:31 PM
will the Maximus have fish oil in it, or just flax seed oil? does Opticen have Microlactin also? What is the main difference between Maximus and Opticen? they are both weight gainer/MRP's correct? is Maximus just more calories? thanks.

They both have the same protein blend. MAXIMUS has more carbs plus:

- Microlactin(TM)
- Flaxseed oil
- Inulin

Opticen is an excellent product, MAXIMUS will be a bit better for weight gain.

Chris

ray34iyf
05-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Half of a scoop, or half of a serving?

Serving.

chris mason
05-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Serving.

The answer is yes, absolutely!

Chris

DARKKNIGHT
05-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Chris, are their plans to offer Maximus in a stack like the mass stack you offer now?

chris mason
05-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Chris, are their plans to offer Maximus in a stack like the mass stack you offer now?

Yes, we will do it.

Chris

wdjuqi
06-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Is Maximus coming out soon? I really need whey protein and I don't have to buy something else when I'll be using Maximus from now on.

chris mason
06-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Is Maximus coming out soon? I really need whey protein and I don't have to buy something else when I'll be using Maximus from now on.

Soon, yes. When we have a definite date we will post it here. In the meantime, you may want to snag some Opticen and an ETS.

Chris

wdjuqi
06-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Do you think within the next week? I have just enough whey to probably last the week.

Joe Black
06-11-2007, 01:01 AM
It won't be next week I am afraid.

I'd grab some opticen or Nitrean as Chris said and it should tie you over until maximus comes out.

DoUgL@S
06-13-2007, 01:55 PM
You guys sure know how to build anticipation ;)

Sounds like a good product. I will order it and try it out as post-workout nutrition. What are the Macros for this?

Edit: This thread is giving me Gladiator flashbacks. "Maximus the merciful!" lol

Edit 2: The macros are in the email that I, and all Atlarge customers, got. Very Impressive. I want some now!

Beast
06-17-2007, 04:42 PM
C'mon, spill the beans! :D
It's possible I might be living off of this stuff pretty soon!

chris mason
06-17-2007, 06:10 PM
:hide:

DoUgL@S
06-18-2007, 05:19 PM
from an email from AtLarge:

MAXIMUS™

MAXIMUS™ will quite simply be the most effective lean mass inducing weight gainer ever offered!

MAXIMUS™ has a winning formula which will deliver the right mix of ingredients your body needs to pack on some serious muscle mass!

* Over 600 lean mass promoting calories per serving
* 60 grams of our incredibly effective MAXIMUS™ protein matrix, allowing optimal protein retention!
* Over 70 grams of high quality carbohydrates

Most companies would stop there, but not AtLarge Nutrition. MAXIMUS™ also includes the following performance increasing and health promoting ingredients at proven doses;

* 2g of Microlactin™ per serving!
* 6g of flaxseed oil per serving!
* 7g of inulin per serving!

What does that mean for you?

* Dramatically reduced DOMS (Delayed onset muscle soreness)
* Improved recovery time
* Reduced joint pain

As the name implies, MAXIMUS™ will help you to get HUGE!!!

DavyRen
06-19-2007, 06:48 AM
MAXIMUS sounds like the next addition to my supplements from At large.

Looking forward to trying this out when it becomes available.

DoUgL@S
06-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Dan & Chris, Are we there yet?

Blade55
06-21-2007, 10:01 AM
I hope it comes out soon. Seems like a very good product. Well worth it.

Joe Black
06-21-2007, 10:15 AM
We are super, super, super close!

Chris may well have a touch more information than me, lets see if he chimes in...

sweetboi
06-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Your 45 days is up!!:p

Joe Black
06-21-2007, 03:17 PM
This Saturday :)

Munky
06-21-2007, 07:00 PM
great! i plan on ordering ALOT.

Indifference
06-21-2007, 07:17 PM
ive got 3 shirts already im gonna need more colors because of this!

jAy_Dub
06-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Wow people seem to be going crazy over this. So Daniel, since you know its this Saturday, whats going to be the official price?

chris mason
06-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Wow people seem to be going crazy over this. So Daniel, since you know its this Saturday, whats going to be the official price?

We are in the final stages of setting the price. The product will come in a 7 lbs jug.

Chris

Indifference
06-23-2007, 02:18 PM
why not offer a *order by the keg* option? =)

chris mason
06-23-2007, 06:41 PM
It looks like it will not be live until tomorrow. Sorry about the delay!

Chris

Stumprrp
06-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Ill be picking this up to use for after workouts..looks good Chris..i put on a ton of weight (good weight) when i was doing a 1200 calorie shake PWO and the rest meals, and with this i dont have to take 15 minutes to make, lol.

Joe Black
06-24-2007, 02:34 AM
I'll be putting it live later this afternoon (UK time) so expect it up soon :)

Unholy
06-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Sweet!

Joe Black
06-24-2007, 09:44 AM
http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=18 :)

sweetboi
06-24-2007, 09:51 AM
I want my mummy home NOOOOWWW! :eek: :clap:

deeder
06-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Holy ****. 50$ for 20 servings?

Walrus
06-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Wow 5 scoops! Must be darn thick...

chris mason
06-24-2007, 11:03 AM
The product is now live!

http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=18

Munky
06-24-2007, 11:06 AM
This is gonna be my first experience with a weight gainer. i hope i like it.

chris mason
06-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Wow 5 scoops! Must be darn thick...

The scoops aren't that big. Check the serving size. It actually does not mix too thick at all.

Chris

Joe Black
06-24-2007, 11:38 AM

Have a look through the supplement facts and consider what ingredients we are using....

Its the same old story really...

We could have knocked out a weight gainer with whey only protein and just gone for big calories and kept the price point higher.

But... we wanted Maximus to be the BEST weight gainer on the market. We stuck to our popular protein blend and also added in several key ingredients to ensure its effectiveness. (Microlactin, flax oil etc...)

If you are concerned about the number of servings, consider taking half servings (will still give you over 300 calories) or take it just on training days as a post workout shake.

HahnB
06-24-2007, 02:27 PM
I wish I were bulking right now so I could try it out. If you're considering ets, or already using it, maximus is even more appealing. As far as the weight gainer, I'd prefer a gainer that I could consume twice a day. I'll definitely be trying it out on my next bulk, but right now I couldn't afford to make it a significant part of my caloric intake.

phatmike
06-24-2007, 05:07 PM

I'm always amazed at this. If you just bought this product and have it shipped to your house, you get 20 super quality meals that include...

62g Protein
74g Carbs
8 g Fat
616 calories
Microlactin in addition to all of this...

For $2.85 a serving. That seems like a hell of a deal to me. People spend more money on crap-quality fast food meals than this. Hell, people get in line at starbucks everyday to purchase drinks that have no good nutritional qualities and pay more than this and then they might possibly tip the person making it.

Chris and Daniel put together what looks to be a great product, and one of the first things posted is what appears to be a complaint about the price.

I don't know what it is, maybe it's the "always try to find a good deal online" mentality, but the bottom line is that if you want high quality product, you are going to have to pay a premium to get that.

Now I don't have any clue as too how much ALN makes from this product, and I don't care. I know that part/most of the "higher" cost of this product is due to the high quality ingredients that they are using. Hell, you are getting 7 pounds of product.

I don't thing ALN is in the business of ripping people off. I do think however, that they are in the business of making fantastic product, and making enough money from that product to continue to grow their business. This allows them to continue to fund these forums, allow them to research and create new product, and hopefully reap some financial rewards themselves.

Keep up the good work guys...

Cliffs Notes: You can't get premium quality product for the same price as some cheap whey protein and garbage carb source.

chris mason
06-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks Mike!

HahnB
06-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Was there any consideration in leaving out the microlactin?

Indifference
06-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Chris or Daniel,

Is the amount of microlactin in this enough to act as a replacement to taking ETS? I realize everyone is different in their reaction to ETS but from a serving size/potency standpoint what are we looking at?

chris mason
06-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Chris or Daniel,

Is the amount of microlactin in this enough to act as a replacement to taking ETS? I realize everyone is different in their reaction to ETS but from a serving size/potency standpoint what are we looking at?

You could do both. In other words, if you use this product with ETS you will maximize the effects of both. If your budget is really tight, this product works very well from a stand-alone perspective with respect to recovery and DOMS.

Beast
06-24-2007, 08:43 PM
One jug coming my way. I'm looking forward to trying it.

cphafner
06-24-2007, 09:47 PM
why such a high protein level per serving?

Twan
06-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Say I lift around 3:00 P.M. and get up around 11:00 A.M.

When would be the best time to take Maximus? I want to make sure I take it at the right time.

ianewilson
06-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Chris/Daniel,

Is there a price break for quantity on MAXIMUS similar to Nitrean? I am thinking about ordering 4 tubs at a time because I live in Canada and can't stand waiting that long for just one tub.

Phenom
06-25-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm always amazed at this. If you just bought this product and have it shipped to your house, you get 20 super quality meals that include...

62g Protein
74g Carbs
8 g Fat
616 calories

For $2.85 a serving. That seems like a hell of a deal to me. People spend more money on crap-quality fast food meals than this. Hell, people get in line at starbucks everyday to purchase drinks that have no good nutritional qualities and pay more than this and then they might possibly tip the person making it.

Chris and Daniel put together what looks to be a great product, and one of the first things posted is what appears to be a complaint about the price.

I don't know what it is, maybe it's the "always try to find a good deal online" mentality, but the bottom line is that if you want high quality product, you are going to have to pay a premium to get that.

Now I don't have any clue as too how much ALN makes from this product, and I don't care. I know that part/most of the "higher" cost of this product is due to the high quality ingredients that they are using. Hell, you are getting 7 pounds of product.

I don't thing ALN is in the business of ripping people off. I do think however, that they are in the business of making fantastic product, and making enough money from that product to continue to grow their business. This allows them to continue to fund these forums, allow them to research and create new product, and hopefully reap some financial rewards themselves.

Cliffs Notes: You can't get premium quality product for the same price as some cheap whey protein and garbage carb source.

Cytogainer please.

DoUgL@S
06-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Order placed. Those containers look like they are not cabinet friendly. I guess I can try and put the wife's china in the garage. :)

Munky
06-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Just got my maximus. Its Amazing. OMG this stuff mixes great. The taste is friggin awesome too. Great product guys.

Joe Black
06-26-2007, 02:11 PM
awesome feedback, thanks Munky!

Blade55
06-26-2007, 04:04 PM
I think I'll use this as my whey protein supplement and use it for one of my daily weightgain shakes.

chris mason
06-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Just got my maximus. Its Amazing. OMG this stuff mixes great. The taste is friggin awesome too. Great product guys.

Awesome! Thank you!

Chris

chris mason
06-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Chris/Daniel,

Is there a price break for quantity on MAXIMUS similar to Nitrean? I am thinking about ordering 4 tubs at a time because I live in Canada and can't stand waiting that long for just one tub.

No, no multiple unit discount.

Chris

ianewilson
06-27-2007, 11:51 AM

Chris

That's too bad. Maybe I can some other guys together here in Ottawa to order some tubs and split the shipping costs.

SDS
06-27-2007, 01:57 PM
I just ordered a tub. I was wondering how it would work to stretch it out to 30 servings, and add a couple tbsp olive oil to add back the calorie differential.

chris mason
06-27-2007, 02:15 PM
I just ordered a tub. I was wondering how it would work to stretch it out to 30 servings, and add a couple tbsp olive oil to add back the calorie differential.

I think that would be fine. Give it a go and let us know what you think.

Chris

G-Men
06-27-2007, 03:32 PM

Chris

What about a Mass Stack? Swapping the Opticen with Maximus similar to how the Fat Loss stack can swap Thermocin and Nitor.

chris mason
06-27-2007, 03:52 PM
What about a Mass Stack? Swapping the Opticen with Maximus similar to how the Fat Loss stack can swap Thermocin and Nitor.

We may do something soon!

Chris

c3p
06-28-2007, 05:46 PM
The price of Maximus is the biggest turn off for me. I enjoyed Nitrean and how affordable it was but now it is nearly 50 dollars for one tub.

Where is the inulin extracted from?

Lones Green
06-28-2007, 07:46 PM
The price of Maximus is the biggest turn off for me. I enjoyed Nitrean and how affordable it was but now it is nearly 50 dollars for one tub.

Where is the inulin extracted from?

refer back to page 4, phatmike's post. its actually a really good deal.

Phenom
06-29-2007, 10:13 AM
refer back to page 4, phatmike's post. its actually a really good deal.

No, it really isn't.

I just got my tub of Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass. For $20 I get 16 meals of
-625 calories
-25 grams of protein
-125 carbs
-Enhanced with creatine and essential vitamins and minerals

With ON: $1 for every 500 calories
With Maximus: $1 for every 246 calories

If you have the money for Maximus then sure, go ahead and buy it. But Maximus is definitely not for me because that $50 every 3 weeks is going to add up fast.

Lones Green
06-29-2007, 11:11 AM
No, it really isn't.

-625 calories
-25 grams of protein
-125 carbs

If you have the money for Maximus then sure, go ahead and buy it. But Maximus is definitely not for me because that $50 every 3 weeks is going to add up fast.

serious mass dosen't have flax, microlactin, or inulin. the 1 g of creatine is just for show, it also says glutamine enhanced. neither of these make as much of a difference as microlactin or flax. plus when i had serious mass, if i didn't take it in milk it would make me heave, because of the taste and chalky texture. maximus also has 62 g of protein per serving instead of 50 g. maximus is worth the extra dough.

deeder
06-29-2007, 11:39 AM
serious mass dosen't have flax, microlactin, or inulin. the 1 g of creatine is just for show, it also says glutamine enhanced. neither of these make as much of a difference as microlactin or flax. plus when i had serious mass, if i didn't take it in milk it would make me heave, because of the taste and chalky texture. maximus also has 62 g of protein per serving instead of 50 g. maximus is worth the extra dough.

Flax is dirt cheap, the microlatin in Maximus is half the recommended dose (I think I read that somewhere back in this thread... I'll see if I can find it) and I don't even know waht inulin is...

Doesn't this sound like stuff that is "for show" as well?

Edit:
Woops, apparently half of what's in ETS but it is the "manufacturer's recommended serving".

Lones Green
06-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Flax is dirt cheap, the microlatin in Maximus is half the recommended dose (I think I read that somewhere back in this thread... I'll see if I can find it) and I don't even know waht inulin is...

Edit:
Woops, apparently half of what's in ETS but it is the "manufacturer's recommended serving".

have you ever tried microlactin?

chris mason
06-29-2007, 12:06 PM

Edit:

Please don't insinuate we operate that way. We include things only at proven or recommended doses in nearly every case.

Unreal
06-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Malto is dirt cheap.
$15 for 365 servings at 38 cals and 9.4g of carbs per tbsp
So add 5.5 servings of malto to add 207 calories and bring maximus up to the same level of carbs as serious mass. Rounding up that is 23 cents.

So maximus+malto
Cals: 616+207= 823 cals
Protein: 62g+0= 62g
Carbs: 74+51.7 = 125.7g
Cost= $2.50+.23= $2.82 a serving

Even at $1.25 a serving the Serious mass is out done IMO. You could take 1/2 a serving of maximus + malto and get more cals, more protein, microlatin, flax, inulin, etc.

Your numbers for serious mass:
$1.25 a serving
-625 calories
-25 grams of protein
-125 carbs

1/2 Serving of maximus with malto to bring carbs to same
$1.25 + .39
31g protein
37g carbs+ 88g malto=125g
1/2 max 308 cals + 88g malto 356cals= 664 cals

Note, I used the most expensive malto price I could find. You can easily get it for WAY WAY cheaper.

chris mason
06-29-2007, 01:29 PM
No, it really isn't.

-625 calories
-25 grams of protein
-125 carbs

There is a BIG difference between the two products. Here is the Optimum product:

Container Size: 6 Lbs.
Serving Size: 2 Heaping Scoops (334g)
Servings Per Container: 8

Container Size: 12 Lbs.
Serving Size: 2 Heaping Scoops (334g)
Servings Per Container: 16

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 1250
Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5 g 7%
Saturated Fat 3 g 15%
Cholesterol 75 mg 25%
Total Carbohydrate 252 g 84%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 50 g 100%

So, with a serving size TWICE that of MAXIMUS(TM) you are getting LESS protein. In addition, the matrix is not as good. Finally, the product is obviously primarily carbohydrates (40g of sugars!!!) which are inexpensive, thus the cheap price.

MAXIMUS is a far superior product, thus the price difference.

Chris

deeder
06-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Please don't insinuate we operate that way. We include things only at proven or recommended doses in nearly every case.

Sorry Chris. I was just making a point. Every supplement company has it's advertising points.

I've only ever ordered from ALN once. Great service, good price (got the creatine) but I'm just not a fan of ordering online and waiting, plus the custom charges kind of sucked.

You guys definitely go above and beyond (otherwise I wouldn't be chatting with you on this forum!) and care about your consumers. All supplement companies are getting more expensive, it's not just you guys. So don't worry, I'm equally bitter towards everyone.

chris mason
06-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Sorry Chris. I was just making a point. Every supplement company has it's advertising points.

I've only ever ordered from ALN once. Great service, good price (got the creatine) but I'm just not a fan of ordering online and waiting, plus the custom charges kind of sucked.

You guys definitely go above and beyond (otherwise I wouldn't be chatting with you on this forum!) and care about your consumers. All supplement companies are getting more expensive, it's not just you guys. So don't worry, I'm equally bitter towards everyone.

Apology accepted. :)

Chris

SDS
06-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Where does the ALN stuff ship from? I was expecting to see my order by now......

chris mason
06-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Where does the ALN stuff ship from? I was expecting to see my order by now......

We are located in VA. You can inquire about shipping status by sending us a contact email.

Chris

SDS
06-30-2007, 09:12 PM
got it.....I figured it'd be a 2 day trip from Va to here, but it's 3.

Beast
07-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Had my first shake today - tastes great. It is a thick shake even in just water, so it's nice and filling. I will be drinking these on-the-go from now on.

It hasn't given me any gas at all, either, which was something I was afraid of.

SDS
07-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Tastes pretty good.....
making me fart some.....nothing major so far

chris mason
07-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Tastes pretty good.....
making me fart some.....nothing major so far

Give it a day or so, it should go away. I would think that is just your body getting used to the flax or inulin, or both.

Chris

SDS
07-03-2007, 07:57 AM
I've been using cold pressed flax oil for a long time with no problems......don't know what inulin is. I think it's most likely the whey, as whey usually makes me poot, but I was hoping this stuff would be different. The taste isn't growing on me.......it's o.k., but it's damn rich. I'm using 2 scoops in 9 oz. water twice/day, and it's rich. I'll give it a week before I pack it up and go back to soy....

Wild Cat McCane
07-03-2007, 11:15 AM
why flax? i know about every post Built writes on fats says flax isn't efficient in the body.

Nice to know that calories is coming from something other then malto or dex...but just curious.

chris mason
07-03-2007, 11:27 AM
I've been using cold pressed flax oil for a long time with no problems......don't know what inulin is. I think it's most likely the whey, as whey usually makes me poot, but I was hoping this stuff would be different. The taste isn't growing on me.......it's o.k., but it's damn rich. I'm using 2 scoops in 9 oz. water twice/day, and it's rich. I'll give it a week before I pack it up and go back to soy....

"Inulin is a fructan which has been demonstrated to produce numerous health benefits to include enhanced immune function, enhanced absorption of specific minerals, the lowering of serum triglycerides, and in promoting nitrogen balance. Optimal health promotes optimal progress in the gym."

The flavor is rich, and that is what our testers liked best about it. I do realize that tase is a highly subjective thing. Perhaps it will grow on you.

Chris

Sidior
07-03-2007, 11:52 AM
That's too bad. Maybe I can some other guys together here in Ottawa to order some tubs and split the shipping costs.

Where abouts in Ottawa are you? I go to school at carleton.

SDS
07-03-2007, 01:24 PM
From Wikipedia:

Inulins are a group of naturally occurring oligosaccharides (several simple sugars linked together) produced by many types of plants. They belong to a class of carbohydrates known as fructans. Inulin is used by some plants as a means of storing energy and is typically found in roots or rhizomes. Most plants which synthesize and store inulin do not store other materials such as starch.

Inulin is used increasingly in foods, because it has unusual nutritional characteristics. It ranges from completely bland to subtly sweet and can be used to replace sugar, fat, and flour. This is particularly advantageous because inulin contains one-third to one-fourth the food energy of sugar or other carbohydrates and one-sixth to one-ninth the food energy of fat. It also increases calcium absorption[1] and possibly magnesium absorption[2], while promoting intestinal bacteria. Nutritionally, it is considered a form of soluble fiber, and it is important to note that consuming large quantities (particularly for sensitive and/or unaccustomed individuals) can lead to gas and bloating. Inulin has a minimal impact on blood sugar, making it generally considered suitable for diabetics and potentially helpful in managing blood sugar-related illnesses.

This may be the problem then.....whey has given me the farts in the past, so if we combine it with inulin......well.....
I'll probably cut back to a 1/2 serving on my WO days till it's gone. I'll have to keep using soy as my main protein supplement tho'.

chris mason
07-03-2007, 06:50 PM
From Wikipedia:

Inulins are a group of naturally occurring oligosaccharides (several simple sugars linked together) produced by many types of plants. They belong to a class of carbohydrates known as fructans. Inulin is used by some plants as a means of storing energy and is typically found in roots or rhizomes. Most plants which synthesize and store inulin do not store other materials such as starch.

Inulin is used increasingly in foods, because it has unusual nutritional characteristics. It ranges from completely bland to subtly sweet and can be used to replace sugar, fat, and flour. This is particularly advantageous because inulin contains one-third to one-fourth the food energy of sugar or other carbohydrates and one-sixth to one-ninth the food energy of fat. It also increases calcium absorption[1] and possibly magnesium absorption[2], while promoting intestinal bacteria. Nutritionally, it is considered a form of soluble fiber, and it is important to note that consuming large quantities (particularly for sensitive and/or unaccustomed individuals) can lead to gas and bloating. Inulin has a minimal impact on blood sugar, making it generally considered suitable for diabetics and potentially helpful in managing blood sugar-related illnesses.

This may be the problem then.....whey has given me the farts in the past, so if we combine it with inulin......well.....
I'll probably cut back to a 1/2 serving on my WO days till it's gone. I'll have to keep using soy as my main protein supplement tho'.

I got a bit of gas the first few days I used it (I attribute it to the inulin) and then it went away.

By the way, the promotion of beneficial intestinal bacteria is the main reason for its inclusion.

Oh, and the dose of inulin in MAXIMUS would not be considered "large".

Chris

SDS
07-04-2007, 09:15 AM
O.k.....so I think 2-1/2 scoops in 10 oz of water takes away from the (IMO) overly rich taste. More water seems to weaken the richness, but not so much the overall flavor. And cracking a lactase capsule into the mix may have gotten rid of the gas......either that or I've just acclimated to it. Either way I'm gonna stay with it.

ianewilson
07-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Where abouts in Ottawa are you? I go to school at carleton.

I live near Bank and Hunt Club and work in the east end. We could definitely work something out as far as a bulk order.

chris mason
07-04-2007, 05:22 PM
O.k.....so I think 2-1/2 scoops in 10 oz of water takes away from the (IMO) overly rich taste. More water seems to weaken the richness, but not so much the overall flavor. And cracking a lactase capsule into the mix may have gotten rid of the gas......either that or I've just acclimated to it. Either way I'm gonna stay with it.

Cool!

You should start seeing some nice results in short order.

Chris

KoolDrew
09-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Anybody else experience really bad gas from this stuff? Just recently I started using Maximus, Multi Plus, and Creatine, and since I started I've had extremely bad gas.

Anybody else experience something like this? Will it pass once my body gets used to it or what? The Maximus alone probably takes my protein intake much higher than it was before, so I think that is the issue - such a large increase in protein intake.

Lones Green
09-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Anybody else experience really bad gas from this stuff? Just recently I started using Maximus, Multi Plus, and Creatine, and since I started I've had extremely bad gas.

Anybody else experience something like this? Will it pass once my body gets used to it or what? The Maximus alone probably takes my protein intake much higher than it was before, so I think that is the issue - such a large increase in protein intake.

read up in this thread a little about the gas. it is attributed to the inulin in the product. gas or not, i'm looking forward to mine coming in!

Lones Green
09-17-2007, 10:15 PM
this stuff definetely tastes like a liquid brownie...only setback is it was hard mixing it in a single shaker, i think i'm just going to use 2 shakers with 2.5 scoops in each one, and put 10 oz of water in each one...just to give it some more room to mix. ill update with any noticeable changes. i already know the microlactin works very well.

SDS
09-17-2007, 10:24 PM
I use a submersible blender in a mason jar......works like a champ. For the gas, I'm now using Beano. Its prime ingredient is an enzyme that helps break down complex carbohydrates, which are supposedly the stuff that putrifies in the colon causing gas. I haven't had any problems since using Beano. I get gas some, but not those 500° kind that are thick as mud and stink more than they should.....

BFGUITAR
09-17-2007, 10:25 PM

Anyway, Maximus has several ingredients that will make it tough for you to make a homemade, decent tasting, comparable version.

Anyway, if you feel our products are too expensive you are sold on the efficacy of inferior products and there is probably not much I can do to convince you otherwise.

Tell you what, wait until you read the reviews of those who use the product and then perhaps you will be ready to purchase it.

Chris

Vitamins and minerals!

KoolDrew
09-18-2007, 12:23 PM
read up in this thread a little about the gas. it is attributed to the inulin in the product. gas or not, i'm looking forward to mine coming in!

I guess that's it. Seems the gas has passed though. It was really bad for about two days and now it's back to normal.

chris mason
09-18-2007, 12:45 PM
I guess that's it. Seems the gas has passed though. It was really bad for about two days and now it's back to normal.

Yep, just your intestines getting healthy!

KingWilder
09-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Def a solid product, especially when needing calories fast

5 scoops and some 2% milk and it was 900 calories EASY

love it

Cirino83
09-19-2007, 08:06 AM
I am taking ETS now. If I take Maximus, should I take the shake and continue using ETS? Or maybe just ETS at night not morning and night?

also do the flavors taste similar to Nitrean? trying to figure out what flavor to try....

and is the texture like Nitrean or Opticen?

Lones Green
09-19-2007, 08:32 AM
well its a weight gain powder, so its thicker, kind of like opticen. the texture can be altered by the amount of liquid you put in with the powder. the flavor is a lot richer than opticen or nitrean, chocolate tastes like a liquid brownie. maximus has a full serving of microlactin in it, so i think you'd be fine not taking the ETS while on maximus, but more microlactin won't hurt you.

Cirino83
09-19-2007, 08:48 AM
well its a weight gain powder, so its thicker, kind of like opticen. the texture can be altered by the amount of liquid you put in with the powder. the flavor is a lot richer than opticen or nitrean, chocolate tastes like a liquid brownie. maximus has a full serving of microlactin in it, so i think you'd be fine not taking the ETS while on maximus, but more microlactin won't hurt you.

thanks man

chris mason
09-19-2007, 03:21 PM

That is EXACTLY how I describe the chocolate.

I take ETS with MAXIMUS. That said, it really depends on your budget.

Chris

KoolDrew
09-19-2007, 04:55 PM
I mix mine with peanut butter and it tastes just like peanut butter and chocolate brownies my mom makes. :p

chris mason
09-19-2007, 06:01 PM
I mix mine with peanut butter and it tastes just like peanut butter and chocolate brownies my mom makes. :p

Awesome! That is a serious protein and caloric shake you are making!

theravingphycho
09-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Chris question about maximus and its makeup:

Why have you not used a slower carb source such as ground oats vs maltodextrin.

Ive had weight gainers that are made with their carb sources this way and its much better flavour and texture as well and also dont leave me having a hypo attack which im prone to

Edit: why does the label say only 6g of sugars as Malto is a sugar

chris mason
09-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Chris question about maximus and its makeup:

Why have you not used a slower carb source such as ground oats vs maltodextrin.

Ive had weight gainers that are made with their carb sources this way and its much better flavour and texture as well and also dont leave me having a hypo attack which im prone to

Edit: why does the label say only 6g of sugars as Malto is a sugar

Why did you ask this question about a week ago and then delete and now pose it again?

theravingphycho
09-22-2007, 10:58 AM
I didnt think it was a good question really, but i changed my mind :)

Would you be able to answer my question?

chris mason
09-22-2007, 12:43 PM
I didnt think it was a good question really, but i changed my mind :)

Would you be able to answer my question?

We use maltodextrin because it is an excellent source of carbohydrates despite what you may have read. The idea that oats will somehow improve your results is folly. It is not listed as a sugar because the labeling is per governmental regulations and it is not considered a sugar for those purposes.

If you are prone to a "hypo" attack you should avoid consuming milk proteins with your carbohydrates and thus weight gainer products in general as the combination stimulates insulin to a greater degree than either alone.

As for flavor and texture, our product smokes any oats containing blend.

theravingphycho
09-22-2007, 01:02 PM
We use maltodextrin because it is an excellent source of carbohydrates despite what you may have read. The idea that oats will somehow improve your results is folly. It is not listed as a sugar because the labeling is per governmental regulations and it is not considered a sugar for those purposes.

If you are prone to a "hypo" attack you should avoid consuming milk proteins with your carbohydrates and thus weight gainer products in general as the combination stimulates insulin to a greater degree than either alone.

As for flavor and texture, our product smokes any oats containing blend.
Why is it a excellent source of carbohydrates compared to oats?

Its a complex carb yes but it has weak hydrogen bonds and produces the same insuligenic response as glucose/dextrose (Malto's just a collection of glucose molecules anyway).

My hypo comes in no matter what i eat, it just depends on how long symptons take to manifest. Ive had whey with dex+malto (pwo) and had a episode within 2 hours if i didnt have something slow to stabilise my blood sugar.

I did not say that because you dont use oats the results will be different, my question is really why would there be a need to spike insulin so high outside of PWO, what is the benefit of it compares to just raising it with a alternative slower absorbing carb source

I myself have never tried maximus i will admit but i have had blends that contain powdered oats and they are like thick milkshakes that are really quite addictive.

chris mason
09-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Its a complex carb yes but it has weak hydrogen bonds and produces the same insuligenic response as glucose/dextrose (Malto's just a collection of glucose molecules anyway).

You really shouldn't speak on matters about which you are not well versed. What do you think any carbohydrate is a combination of?

Here is an abstract that might be of interest to you:

The glycemic index: flogging a dead horse?Wolever TM.
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, St. Michael's Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

The glycemic index (GI) is a classification of foods based on their blood glucose-raising potential. The American Diabetes Association (ADA) has questioned the clinical utility of the GI and recommends that priority should be given to the amount rather than the source of carbohydrate. Some have interpreted this to mean that all carbohydrates have a nearly equal impact on blood sugar, and some feel that the GI is now a dead issue. Nevertheless, the reasons for questioning the clinical utility of the GI are unfounded because of the following: 1) they are based on studies of single test meals, which provide insufficient evidence on which to base dietary recommendations; 2) they are based on a faulty interpretation of the studies actually cited as evidence; 3) they take no account of better designed studies showing that the GI does apply in mixed meals; and 4) they take no account of studies showing that a low-GI diet improves overall blood glucose control in persons with diabetes. The GI is a valid and potentially useful concept, but is also deceptively complex. There are a number of unresolved problems and unanswered questions, and the appropriate place for the GI in patient education is not known. However, progress cannot be made without balance and objectivity.

theravingphycho
09-22-2007, 01:47 PM
I love how you nit pick vs answering my question, it would make a much more suitable embarrassment for myself if you answered with a correct fact rather than question me without presenting the relevant facts to back it up

All starchy & sugary carbohydrates are broken down and used as glucose. Its like saying an apple is the same as a pear because they both contain fructose.

So back to my earlier questions, would you mind answering them please :)

edit: i see you put in a extract, didnt see while i was writing my reply

theravingphycho
09-22-2007, 01:49 PM
GI means sod all i agree, what happens if you combine a fat source with a simple sugar, it drops down to the floor. II is a far more accurate method

http://www.mendosa.com/insulin_index.htm

chris mason
09-22-2007, 02:08 PM
I love how you nit pick vs answering my question, it would make a much more suitable embarrassment for myself if you answered with a correct fact rather than question me without presenting the relevant facts to back it up

All starchy & sugary carbohydrates are broken down and used as glucose. Its like saying an apple is the same as a pear because they both contain fructose.

So back to my earlier questions, would you mind answering them please :)

edit: i see you put in a extract, didnt see while i was writing my reply

I answered your questions with my first reply.

You seem bent on pressing the issue. I pointed out it is a complex issue of which you do not have mastery.

What specifically would you like to know?

theravingphycho
09-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Im lost here. What do you think i do not understand?

That a carb which produces the same insuligenic response as glucose is somehow better than a slow carb which does not spike insulin but raises it smoothly?

How is a spike outside of PWO more beneficial than keeping insulin levels stable and/or raising them smoothly vs violently

I did not mention GI anywhere in my original question

I asked you why you think Malto is a better carb source than oats. You proceeded with a blanket statement somewhere along the lines of carbs are carbs.

chris mason
09-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Im lost here. What do you think i do not understand?

That a carb which produces the same insuligenic response as glucose is somehow better than a slow carb which does not spike insulin but raises it smoothly?

How is a spike outside of PWO more beneficial than keeping insulin levels stable and/or raising them smoothly vs violently

I did not mention GI anywhere in my original question

I asked you why you think Malto is a better carb source than oats. You proceeded with a blanket statement somewhere along the lines of carbs are carbs.

Where did I say malto is better than oats?

I think you are looking for an argument. I don't wish to do so. You have an opinion and that is fine. I KNOW our product is SUPERIOR for its intended purpose. Superior to what? Superior to other like products on the market. If you don't like the formulation then I suggest you avoid the product.

theravingphycho
09-23-2007, 02:06 AM
I dont argue i debate

Arguing would imply that ego gets involved and personal attacks are made which i do not do

What is your products intended purpose?

I wouldve thought that feedback from prospective customers on how to improve product formulation wouldve appealed to you.

You still have not yet addressed my query. If you are well versed in the matter as you say you are then please explain to me why Malto is a excellent choice for carbohydrates over something else that does not create a massive insulin spike

chris mason
09-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I dont argue i debate

Arguing would imply that ego gets involved and personal attacks are made which i do not do

What is your products intended purpose?

I wouldve thought that feedback from prospective customers on how to improve product formulation wouldve appealed to you.

You still have not yet addressed my query. If you are well versed in the matter as you say you are then please explain to me why Malto is a excellent choice for carbohydrates over something else that does not create a massive insulin spike

If you wish to have an intelligent discussion I suggest you understand what you are discussing first. Why would you ask what the intended purpose of the product is? Lol, go to the site and read the product page. That would be a nice start. After that, go back and do some additional research on insulin secretion and how combining carbohydrates with milk and egg proteins, inulin, some fat, and flaxseed oil might effect the "massive" spike you are referencing. You then might consider insulin's role as an anabolic hormone and how all of that might play into the equation. When you have done all of that, read back through all of your posts here and try not to contradict yourself: "GI means sod all i agree, what happens if you combine a fat source with a simple sugar, it drops down to the floor. "

Oh, and no, I have no interest in YOUR thoughts on how to improve our products' formulation.

Chris

theravingphycho
09-24-2007, 12:58 AM
Depends what kind of fats really

MCT fats raise insulin, fibre lowers it, fast carbs spike it, AA's raise it, Omega 3's lower the response but the percentage is very low in the formula and any blunting effects will be verging on minimal at best

Insulin is anabolic yes, its the most anabolic hormone in the body outside of test but excess production of it will not lead to more muscle gains if you spike it higher

GI is nothing in the grand scheme of things GL, II are what you should go by IMO as they are far more accurate for the pedantic lifter

Protein + carbs + fat (non O3 based) creates more or a insulin response than carbs alone or any other macro. I have not contridicted myself anywhere actually GI does mean naff all combine a baked white spud with butter and the GI is really low but the II and GL of the meal is still sky high

anyone who tries to debate GI as the only way of telling whether a food is good or bad has missed the point completely.

Thanks for the response on your final sentence about MY thoughts on product formulation, comes across nice and arrogant. Dont know why a simple "thanks for your comments its something we may look into for the future"

anyway im done with this, i wish your company all the success it rightly deserves :)

DoUgL@S
09-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Chris said malto is no worse than oats, then you respond by asking why is malto better than oats? No one carb source is better than another, your particular dietary situation may make one better for you than another but they are all the same within the context of your diet as a whole.

Unless you are using some sort of ketogenic diet or waking up from slumber it makes no discernible difference apart from effect on hunger.

What is your question really?

chris mason
09-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Chris said malto is no worse than oats, then you respond by asking why is malto better than oats? No one carb source is better than another, your particular dietary situation may make one better for you than another but they are all the same within the context of your diet as a whole.

Unless you are using some sort of ketogenic diet or waking up from slumber it makes no discernible difference apart from effect on hunger.

What is your question really?

Thank you.

He doesn't have one. Don't bother.

chris mason
10-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Guys, I wanted to bump this thread to make a point. Twan had been training for an extended period prior to using MAXIMUS. Twan added MAXIMUS to his regimen and altered his training program to one that I provided him and in the process upped his bench over 40 lbs in just over a month! That is HUGE progress and a percentage of it is directly attributable to his use of MAXIMUS. The product works for its intended purpose very well. If you want to be bigger and stronger get some MAXIMUS and see what it will do for you!

rdkraus
10-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Maximus. I've been using for a while now, usually 4 to 5 scoops per day.

I believe that Maximus has ETS, or it's components.

Any reason to also ake ETS directly? Or would that be redundant?

Thanks.

PS: A great product (Maximus). Tastes great, mixes easily, etc.

chris mason
10-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Maximus. I've been using for a while now, usually 4 to 5 scoops per day.

I believe that Maximus has ETS, or it's components.

Any reason to also ake ETS directly? Or would that be redundant?

Thanks.

PS: A great product (Maximus). Tastes great, mixes easily, etc.

The honest answer? Lol, have to be straight with our customers. ETS will still provide additional benefits, but if you are on a budget MAXIMUS alone will be effective and provide some of the same benefits.

Chris

Twan
10-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Guys, I wanted to bump this thread to make a point. Twan had been training for an extended period prior to using MAXIMUS. Twan added MAXIMUS to his regimen and altered his training program to one that I provided him and in the process upped his bench over 40 lbs in just over a month! That is HUGE progress and a percentage of it is directly attributable to his use of MAXIMUS. The product works for its intended purpose very well. If you want to be bigger and stronger get some MAXIMUS and see what it will do for you!

45 pounds to be exact ;)

chris mason
10-06-2007, 05:43 PM
45 pounds to be exact ;)

:thumbup:

ray34iyf
10-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Can't say much about it's physical effects yet, but like every other ALN product, it sure hits the spot!!

rdkraus
10-07-2007, 05:49 PM
The honest answer? Lol, have to be straight with our customers. ETS will still provide additional benefits, but if you are on a budget MAXIMUS alone will be effective and provide some of the same benefits.

Chris

Thanks.

PS Talk about LOL. You guys threw in a "You don't know squat" shirt with my last order, size 2X. Whoa. I could get two of me in there, I'm one of those thin guys at about 157. Gave it to my formerly discus throwing brother. Fits his 220 frame a lot better. He says thanks.

chris mason
10-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks.

PS Talk about LOL. You guys threw in a "You don't know squat" shirt with my last order, size 2X. Whoa. I could get two of me in there, I'm one of those thin guys at about 157. Gave it to my formerly discus throwing brother. Fits his 220 frame a lot better. He says thanks.

Lol, awesome! We'll hook you up with a different shirt with your next order. Just mention it in the comments section.

Chris

SDS
10-08-2007, 10:11 PM
I've gone through 2 tubs of Maximus. While I didn't increase my bench by 40 lbs, it tasted pretty good and allowed me to get in some quick and easy cal's and protein. I picked up some CytoGainer on sale at GNC last week and it's pretty damn good too. I think I prefer it's taste over Maximus. I'm not sure what the differences are between the 2 products, or if one is better than the other, but Cytogainer is cheaper and easier to get. I still want to try the vanilla Maximus. If I order some fish oil caps, would you guys toss in some samples?

chris mason
10-09-2007, 06:40 AM
I've gone through 2 tubs of Maximus. While I didn't increase my bench by 40 lbs, it tasted pretty good and allowed me to get in some quick and easy cal's and protein. I picked up some CytoGainer on sale at GNC last week and it's pretty damn good too. I think I prefer it's taste over Maximus. I'm not sure what the differences are between the 2 products, or if one is better than the other, but Cytogainer is cheaper and easier to get. I still want to try the vanilla Maximus. If I order some fish oil caps, would you guys toss in some samples?

If you request the sample with the order we will include it.

There is a BIG difference between Cytogainer and MAXIMUS. The protein blend, Microlactin(R), inulin, and flaxseed oil are all differences. If you just look at the protein blend, Cytogainer contains only whey which has been proven inferior to a blend like that found in MAXIMUS (ultra-filtrated whey protein concentrate, isolated casein peptides, total milk protein isolates, whey protein isolates, glutamine peptides, and instantized egg albumin).

MAXIMUS, if combined with a proper resistance training regimen, will provide significantly better results than the other product.

Stumprrp
10-09-2007, 11:43 AM
i gotta save up some dough and get me some of this, maybe ill finally hit 405 raw on bench, haha.

chris mason
10-09-2007, 04:24 PM
i gotta save up some dough and get me some of this, maybe ill finally hit 405 raw on bench, haha.

Stump, seriously, you SHOULD try some. You are a gifted strength trainee and I think you would see some nice benefits from its use.

Chris

Unholy
10-09-2007, 04:28 PM

Definitely man, if I wasn't homeless right now I would definitely buy MAXIMUS, I'm having trouble getting my protein in on this damn bulk.

The Bran Man
10-09-2007, 04:40 PM
I plan on giving some feedback on Maximus, I just got my order yesterday. I've found that it is very strong taseting, prolly less so with water. I use milk with everything. I hope to see some gains but due to a recent shoulder issue who knows.

Lones Green
10-10-2007, 08:40 AM
i've been eating like a monster like always, but maximus is such an easy way to get easy calories in after a workout. especially adding PB, oats, whatever. it dosen't take much to make a 1000 calorie shake with this stuff. since i started using maximus, all my lifts have gone up. squat went from 405-435, DL from 365 to 405. and i even have about 5 shakes left. the microlactin always helps, i never doubted it. the inulin helps absorb nutrients, you'll be able to tell, the gas i had when i first started it was monstrous. plus it tastes like a liquid brownie. gonna go ahead and order more of this stuff for post workout.

chris mason
10-10-2007, 08:55 AM
i've been eating like a monster like always, but maximus is such an easy way to get easy calories in after a workout. especially adding PB, oats, whatever. it dosen't take much to make a 1000 calorie shake with this stuff. since i started using maximus, all my lifts have gone up. squat went from 405-435, DL from 365 to 405. and i even have about 5 shakes left. the microlactin always helps, i never doubted it. the inulin helps absorb nutrients, you'll be able to tell, the gas i had when i first started it was monstrous. plus it tastes like a liquid brownie. gonna go ahead and order more of this stuff for post workout.

Awesome! Thanks for your input!

Stumprrp
10-10-2007, 10:24 PM
it might be time to suck up to mommy to get me some of this to try...haha.

Lones Green
10-11-2007, 09:39 AM
it might be time to suck up to mommy to get me some of this to try...haha.

haha dude, go for it. the last few shakes i've drank i've taken an enzyme pill with, that helps a lot as far as gas goes.

Cirino83
10-19-2007, 01:51 PM
whoever said it tastes like brownie mix should be a taste sampler because your spot on. much better than I'd imagined.

I <3 ALN

chris mason
10-19-2007, 06:09 PM
whoever said it tastes like brownie mix should be a taste sampler because your spot on. much better than I'd imagined.

I <3 ALN

Yep, good stuff! Thanks for the compliment!

Stumprrp
10-20-2007, 02:15 PM
expect an order around xmas chris, unless i go overboard with my new credit card and get it now, lol, gonna get a maximus stack so i can get up to 235 this winter!

Lones Green
10-20-2007, 04:23 PM
expect an order around xmas chris, unless i go overboard with my new credit card and get it now, lol, gonna get a maximus stack so i can get up to 235 this winter!

he means 285.

chris mason
10-20-2007, 08:14 PM

Thank you!

method115
02-15-2008, 07:54 PM

62g Protein
74g Carbs
8 g Fat
616 calories

I was sort of on the fence about wether or not I want to order Maximus. As soon as I read the upper potion of this comment (The price break down) I decided to buy it. Not only did I decide to buy it I'm going to buy two tubs of it when my intentions were to buy only one tub at most.

chris mason
02-15-2008, 08:36 PM
I was sort of on the fence about wether or not I want to order Maximus. As soon as I read the upper potion of this comment (The price break down) I decided to buy it. Not only did I decide to buy it I'm going to buy two tubs of it when my intentions were to buy only one tub at most.

Awesome! Thank you!

rdkraus
02-16-2008, 06:08 AM
Been using this product, with creatine and ETS, and WBB 1.1 (somewhat modified for me) for several months now. Very happy with my weight and strength gain and overall results. My first real progress in several years.

Thanks to the guys at WBB and AtLarge.

chris mason
02-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Been using this product, with creatine and XTS, and WBB 1.1 (somewhat modified for me) for several months now. Very happy with my weight and strength gain and overall results. My first real progress in several years.

Thanks to the guys at WBB and AtLarge.

That is awesome! Thanks R! You are one of our longest term and best customers! We truly appreciate it.

By the way, can we use your thoughts as a testimonial?

Chris

rdkraus
02-18-2008, 06:13 AM
That is awesome! Thanks R! You are one of our longest term and best customers! We truly appreciate it.

By the way, can we use your thoughts as a testimonial?

Chris

Absolutely !

Kovalchuk71
03-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Chris, is maximus a "healthy" meal? I would to replace my lunch with Maximus. Would this be a good idea and still be nutritional? Also, is it ok to leave my tub of Maximus in my car or will heat affect it? Im on the road a lot and would prefer it in my car so I dont have to carry it in plastic baggies and make a mess everywhere.

-Chris

getb1g
03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Chris, is maximus a "healthy" meal? I would to replace my lunch with Maximus. Would this be a good idea and still be nutritional? Also, is it ok to leave my tub of Maximus in my car or will heat affect it? Im on the road a lot and would prefer it in my car so I dont have to carry it in plastic baggies and make a mess everywhere.

-Chris
I'd say if its out of direct sunlight it should be fine.

chris mason
03-12-2008, 12:49 AM

-Chris

In the summer (especially) that would be too much heat. I do not suggest you do that.

Kovalchuk71
03-12-2008, 09:07 PM
So is it ok to replace my lunch with Maximus?

getb1g
03-12-2008, 09:38 PM
So is it ok to replace my lunch with Maximus?

Why not? If has as much if not more nutritional value as whole food,