PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for bulking up - do not want to add much more fat

espn2829
05-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I've been dirty bulking for about a week now and although I've put on weight, I'm concerned that it is "dirty" weight. Recently, I've lost a good amount of weight and do not want to put in back on again in the form of fat. I probably also lost some muscle mass as well in the weight loss process but that was the price I paid.

Now, I'm eating McDonald's, going to buffets and just eating more in general. This is not what I would have predicted when I was losing weight - went from about 175 lbs. to 150 lbs. fairly quickly. My height is around 5 '11, maybe a little higher or lower. As for yesterday, my weight was 161 lbs.

Should I stuff myself with grilled chicken, cottage cheese, etc or I should just eat what I can find, but try to eat somewhat healthy? There was an article that I read by JM Blakely that you should eat all you can. He even says in the article that you should put extra mayo, drink regular soda etc.

I'm probably ok with eating more food but I don't think I want to go back to eating fries, drinking regular soda and putting extra mayo on stuff. What do you guys say?

Mr. D
05-27-2007, 08:28 PM
See if this helps any (just a perspective to keep in mind):

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1268956

EWI
05-29-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm 5'11 and at my best at 200 pounds with a 32 inch waist (approx 8% bodyfat)... at that weight I'm eating like 12 eggs and a huge bowl of multi-grain whole grain "oat" meal and cereal with fruit. 2 or 3 hamburgers for lunch plus milkshake, generally 1 or 2 steaks for dinner... and then I also supplement with whey shakes... a bag or two of Beef Jerky,,, a couple of cans of tuna... and an egg white shake or 2 (especially before going to bed) so... if you want to grow muscle you gotta eat... just stay away from sugars, and fats...

Mr. D
05-29-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm 5'11 and at my best at 200 pounds with a 32 inch waist (approx 8% bodyfat)... at that weight I'm eating like 12 eggs and a huge bowl of multi-grain whole grain "oat" meal and cereal with fruit. 2 or 3 hamburgers for lunch plus milkshake, generally 1 or 2 steaks for dinner... and then I also supplement with whey shakes... a bag or two of Beef Jerky,,, a couple of cans of tuna... and an egg white shake or 2 (especially before going to bed) so... if you want to grow muscle you gotta eat... just stay away from sugars, and fats...

Sugars such as Dextrose have their place PWO.
Fats like olive oil,fish oil, avocados, peanut butter DEFINITELY need to be eaten. Aim for 0.5g/lbm of fats as a minimum.

Fat doesnt make you fat.