PDA

View Full Version : Sweat Suit running healthy?

magsiii
05-28-2007, 01:34 PM
hey ive currently been running in a sweat suit regulary to get a good sweat when running and i heard it wasnt healthy to do so..

thoughts and opinions please :)

Mr. D
05-28-2007, 02:04 PM
wat do you think the benefit of a "good sweat" is?

You risk exhaustion, dehydration.

If you are trying to make a weigh-in for a competition, then I can see the point, but for general physical preparedness, its not advisable at all.

Keith
05-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Why do you want a "good sweat"?

JHarris
05-28-2007, 04:42 PM
hey ive currently been running in a sweat suit regulary to get a good sweat when running and i heard it wasnt healthy to do so..

thoughts and opinions please :)

Sweat suits accomplish nothing but getting you dehydrated. It is definitely NOT healthy and is actually very counterproductive to good athletic performances. Stop using it. Even if you are trying to cut weight for a competition or something, there are better ways than this.

Jay

Kelly Bruno
05-28-2007, 06:43 PM
What do you want to accomplish with running? If it's just for general fitness then your better off just running. All a "good sweat" will do is help you lose water weight, which might be good for a competition or weigh in for wrestling. It also might help you look more cut before a day at the beach. But for anything long term you'll just end up more dehydrated.

magsiii
05-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Thank you very much i am now wiser about the situation!

Appreciate the information thank you

steve