PDA

View Full Version : ok so now I'm ready. but so confussed!

grassassassin
05-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Well, I've been reading posts for about a month and a half now and yes this is my first. So here is my scenario. I have never lifted weights before, well not for any length of time. My diet was horrible. That is now improving (Thanks BUILT, for some great posts.) So I am 5'11 163lbs. I was 179. I still look puddgy and small. I'm going to join a gym this week. But what about my diet. Some say cut the fat first. Some say clean up your diet and lift. From what I've read I'm looking at atleast 2630 cals per day for muscle building. What supplements should I take, how much to eat, any cardio? Sorry to ramble on but I want to start and start right. I know that it is going to take a long time to achive my goals. Thanks in advance for helping a new guy.

Built
05-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey, welcome to the board.

Okay, first thing: www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com)

What are your current macros? We'll start there.

grassassassin
05-28-2007, 05:41 PM
well I just started fit day. To be honest, I started a while back but have not entered info like I should have. The way I lost the weight was horrible. I know that you will cringe when I tell you that I basically just starved myself. That is why I lost so much weight so quickly. I lost some muscle too. My wife said that is enough. She even started meeting me for lunch to make sure I ate. So when I told her that I was going to join a gym and ask for help with you guys and gals, she was pretty happy. So basically I'm starting from square one. I have no idea what my maintenance cals are.

Built
05-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Just track for a few days of "normal" eating. If you can ballpark a "typical" - ish day, that would help. Not a "diet" day, not a "stuffing your face" day, just a day.

grassassassin
05-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Ok, I'll start using fit day in the morning. I'll get back to everyone in a few days with some more info. Thanks for taking the time to help.