PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a diet for me?

Chunkylover21
05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey guys I am new here clearly and seeking advise. I am 18, 6' 2" and 212 lbs. I played football all through high school so i had to stay big to be on the line but now I am gonna be off to college and wanna get in shape. I have been on the Atkins for the last month and lost 19 lbs. I was 228 when i started and went down to 209, today I am 212. Anyways Ive heard plenty of people say Atkins is bad for you and you clearly hav to quit it sometime, which is true. What do you guys recommend for weight loss by diet and exercise to get around 190 if at all possible.

I am about to get cartilage replacement in my knees because of severe loss during football. But I havent been able to squat in over a year, I also have bad back problems to add to that. But I can run a mile before my knees give out.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

kique
05-29-2007, 07:06 AM
damn your frame is pretty much ****ed excuse my french,i would say make a trip to the store and pick up lettuce, tomatoes, brocolli, oatmeal, natural peanut butter bottle of fish oil supplementation,couple cans of tuna, few chiken breasts, some turkey, whole wheat bread , cottage cheese, some low fat yogurt , 2% milk, some whey protein, and some crystal light mix to add flavor to ur water without cals or carbs ;) mix n match all these items 6 meals a day and u should be on ur way to your goal very soon

KingWilder
05-29-2007, 08:38 AM
1-2 Gallons of Water a day

Protein

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Tuna (water packed)
Fish (salmon, seabass, halibut, sushi, mahi mahi, Orange roughi, tilapia, Sardines)
Shrimp
Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)
Venison
Buffalo
Ostrich
Protein Powder (Whey, Casein, Soy, Egg)
Eggs
Low or Non-Fat Cottage cheese, Ricotta
Low fat or Non fat Yogurt
Ribeye Steaks or Roast
Top Round Steaks or Roast (stew meat, London broil, Stir fry)
Top Sirloin (Sirloin Top Butt)
Beef Tenderloin (filet mignon)
Top Loin (NY Strip Steak)
Flank Steak (Stir Fry, Fajitas)
Eye of Round (Cube meat, Stew meat, Bottom Round)
Ground Turkey, Turkey Breast slices or cutlets (*no deli or sandwich meats)

Complex Carbs (nothing enriched, bleached or processed if possible)

Oatmeal (Old fashioned, Quick oats, Irish steal cut)
Sweet Potatoes, Yams
Beans (Black eyed, Pinto, Red, Kidney, Black)
Oat Bran Cereal, Grape nuts, Rye cereal, Multi grain hot cereal
Farin (Cream of wheat)
Whole Wheat frozen Bagels, Pitas
Whole wheat or Spinach Pasta, Whey Pasta
Rice (Brown, white, jasmin, basmiti, arborio, wild)
Potatoes (red, white, baking)

Fibrous Carbs

Green Leafy lettuce (red, green, romaine)
Broccoli
Asparagus
String Beans
Spinach
Bell Pepers (Green or Red)
Brussels Sprouts
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Celery
Cucumber
Carrots
Eggplant
Onions
Pumpkin
Garlic
Tomatoes
Zucchini

Fruit (If acceptable on diet)
bananas, oranges, apples, grapefruit, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemons or limes

Healthy Fats

Natural Style Peanut Butter
Olive oil, Safflower oil
Flaxseed oil
Fish Oil
Nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts)

Dairy

Eggs
Low of Non-Fat cottage cheese, Ricotta
Low or non-fat milk
Low fat or non-fat yogurt

Condiments & Spices

Diet Soda
Crystal light
Fat free mayonaise
Reduced sodium Soy Sauce
Reduced sodium Teriyaki Sauce
balsamic Vinegar
Salsa, Jalepenos
Hot peppers and Hot sauce, Cayanne pepper
Chili powder and Chili paste
Mrs. Dash
Steak Sauce
Sugar free Maple Syrup
Mustard
Extracts (vanilla, almond, etc)
Low sodium beef or chicken Broth
Plain or reduced sodium tomatoe sauce or paste

For calories in each food go to http://www.fitday.com

Calorie Counting Formulas:
Mesomorphs: bodyweight x 15
Ectomorphs: bodyweight x 16-17
Endomorphs: bodyweight x 13-14

To start a cut: subtract 500 from total calories, to maintain cut: subtract 200-300 from total calories depending on weight lost each week. If this the first time you are cutting, I would recommend reading the short article posted by St.P. (see attachment below)

To start a bulk: add 500 to total calories, to maintain bulk: add 200-300 to total calories depending on weight gained each week

here is an e-book to how to cook like a bodybuilder from strengthcats.com Body Building Recipes

Here is a great article from AtLarge Nutrition on Training and Eating for Mass. Be sure to spend a little time and also read the other articles on this board for nutrition and training!

Happen to know your current bodyfat %? Maintenance calories? How many calories you eat daily currently?

Chunkylover21
05-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Wow thank you so much already for the advise. Sorry to say that no i do not currently know my body fat level, calories per day or things like that. I have pretty much been winging the Atkins diet based on the no carb, cardio principles. What do you guys recommend for working out along with this diet?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Atkins is not a no carb diet. Have you read the book?

Built
05-29-2007, 06:03 PM
If you didn't read the book, it ain't Atkins.

Read the diet link in my sig, bud - you might find something you need in there.

Chunkylover21
05-30-2007, 03:44 PM
like i said i winged the no carb theory and lost 20 lbs as of today. no i didnt read a book but is there a big problem with that if it worked for me. besides im dropping that diet and starting on the things posted above.