PDA

View Full Version : CKD Results

therhoads
02-27-2002, 12:18 PM
I went on a 4 week cutting diet using the CKD. I was able to drop about 8 pounds without much noticable muscle loss. I will say that this diet is a real biatch though. You get VERY tired of only eating meats or low carb stuff. It sounds easy but your body definitely has cravings for carbs. Workout suck as well because you do not have any carb energy.

I am continuing to cut because summer in Florida is right around the corner. I am not going back on the CKD again anytime soon however. I have chosen instead to limit the carbs and fat while still taking in pleanty of protein.

The bottom line is this... If you have the discipline, you can loose weight pretty quickly on the CKD diet. However, be prepared for a tough time because it is no cake walk! I would suggest checking your ketone level 2 times a day to make sure you are staying in ketosis. If not, the weight will not come off nearly as quick.

plornive
02-27-2002, 08:54 PM
I was on a CKD for 4 weeks too. I only lost 6 pounds, because I kept overdoing the carb-up. I was VERY disciplined, eating precision portions at the right times. However, I think I just had too much during the carb-ups.

Wednesday of the 5th week, I grabbed a can of Spegetti Os and it was soooo sooo good.

Qea
02-27-2002, 10:54 PM
Try the NHE diet. The carbs refeeds are more frequent and it works.

I think it works. worked for me, although i wasnt planning to shed fat at that time.

I like it.

Monstar too, probably

but everyone knows that :D

therhoads
02-28-2002, 07:52 AM
How does the NHE diet work? I, like plornive, had a hard time getting back into Ketosis once I did the carb-up. So after the 1st week I skipped the carb-up sessions and just did no carb's straight for 3 more weeks.

Qea
02-28-2002, 10:03 AM
here's the site

www.extique.com

you've got to buy the book though. Bodybuilding.com sells it. It's a good read.

Do a search in the forum on NHE, there have been quite a number of threads

TreeTrunks
02-28-2002, 11:01 AM
I never thought those CKD diets works. Its a fad diet IMO.

Wizard
02-28-2002, 12:55 PM
CKD is better for juice users so the natural ones will have to follow a different diet to get their desirable results.It works for naturals too but not as much as it would work with slin..

therhoads
02-28-2002, 02:11 PM
TreeTrunks, CKD is basically a modified Adkins diet that has been around since the 70's. It really works but like I said, it's a biatch. I basically ate as much as wanted on the diet but it had to be meat or low carb stuff. I really think there are better ways to loose weight but the best thing about CKD is that you do not loose muscle.

irish mike
02-28-2002, 02:26 PM
a ckd and nhe are very similar in my opinion.and both are superior to conventional dieting.in my opinion anyone who puts down the low carb diets are misinformed and do so based on misinformation rather than scientific evidence.anyone who calls it a fad diet has not researched the subject

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-03-2002, 01:23 PM
theroads---how is your new diet working sinse you got off ckd

TFXP-Zeke01
03-03-2002, 02:57 PM
How about this diet: http://www.avantlabs.com/issue1/gain_strength_on_diet.htm

It seems like a modified CKD diet and the guy said he gained good muscle while loosing body fat.

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-03-2002, 03:17 PM
yeah i think diet is ok i dont think the reefeds should be so high though

therhoads
03-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Mr. Butt,

I am maintaining right now. I cannot say I have lost anymore, nor have I gained any back. I might stay here for the summer then bulk again in the fall.

TreeTrunks
03-04-2002, 01:04 PM
hmmm whats to research? I've got all the proof I need that using one of those fad diet (i.e. CKD and NHE) don't work. People go on them and don't lose anything. Results speak louder than any scientific grabble you can find.

MonStar1023
03-04-2002, 02:10 PM
NHE is far from a fad diet. Its a lifetime strategic eating plan not a diet or fad diet or anything of the sort. I have been doing it for 3 months now and lost around 33 lbs.

:thumbup::thumbup:

... NHE is the way to go if you ask me. For fat-loss and for muscle-gain. Check out my journal in the Online Journals Board.

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-04-2002, 04:29 PM
lets see your pics mister tree trunks sinse you down these other diets (that do work) and what would you do for a cutting diet

MonStar1023
03-04-2002, 06:45 PM
Mr.Buttcheeks-
NHE is either a cutting or bulking diet bro.

:cool::cool:

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-04-2002, 08:27 PM
i may try nhe for a bulking diet in the future it seems like it has excellent theories behined it

TreeTrunks
03-04-2002, 09:01 PM
Mr. ass, if I had a digital camera (worth anything) I would. But I don't have to prove jack s*it to you.

Qea
03-04-2002, 09:02 PM
I tried for a couple weeks to bulk on NHE, but instead I started to lose weight.

Ate myself sick with protein and fats too but to no avail.

Apparently I was still not consuming enough overall cals

I wrote to Rob about it and got a response from him. I posted it up somewhere in an earlier thread. Anyone wants a copy, just let me know