PDA

View Full Version : Confusing Situation... Skinnyfat

Spartan936
05-29-2007, 06:14 PM
I have a problem that really upsets me right now. My hips measure 28 inches, yet my gut is 37 inches around. I am really skinny and tired of it, but I don't know whether to bulk or cut. The gut is ridiculous, and embarrassing.

I've been sick much of my life, and now I finally have the energy to get in shape. In the past I made minimal progress, and probably gained too much fat, despite being desperately skinny. It is very discouraging to have to start out like this.

Right now I'm 5'5, 135 pounds. Several bodyfat tests all showed above 18%. I'm thinking it would be best to eat at below maintainence and just get in good shape for now, so I can bulk cleanly by the end of summer.

I'd love for the experts to chime in with their opinions. I'm tired of being like this. Thanks.

Howard 9
05-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Is your waist 37 relaxed or pushed out? If it was really 37 I would cut down to 125 or so then very cleanly while lifting the same time as well.

Spartan936
05-29-2007, 06:48 PM
It is just shy of 37 inches relaxed.

Warrior10
05-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Dude I hear you, skinnyfat's not fun.

I think it's best to cut and lose the fat. You'll be pretty skinny from then, but you can then focus on bulking. You'll grow faster than you think, just bulk cleanly.