PDA

View Full Version : toilet concerns

garjagan
05-30-2007, 05:10 AM
This is neither a nutritian or lifting question. It's a bit of a grey area so here goes. For the past couple of weeks I've been following the body building golden rule. EAT EAT EAT! And although at times it's been hard to find an appetite I've done well at about 3000 calories and 160-190 gms of protein a day (I'm 5'10, 150 pounds). And I'm getting bigger. My muscles are bulking out slowly.

Okay, here's the problem. (although I have at least an hour break from eating before working out) I eat so much that when I'm actually doing weights, I either feel uncomfortably full or I feel like I need to sit down on the loo! However I'm all pumped up and tense so I really couldn't use the toilet if I tryed. How do people combat bloatedness when uping their food intake?

rhett2go
05-30-2007, 06:13 AM
This is neither a nutritian or lifting question. It's a bit of a grey area so here goes. For the past couple of weeks I've been following the body building golden rule. EAT EAT EAT! And although at times it's been hard to find an appetite I've done well at about 3000 calories and 160-190 gms of protein a day (I'm 5'10, 150 pounds). And I'm getting bigger. My muscles are bulking out slowly.

Okay, here's the problem. (although I have at least an hour break from eating before working out) I eat so much that when I'm actually doing weights, I either feel uncomfortably full or I feel like I need to sit down on the loo! However I'm all pumped up and tense so I really couldn't use the toilet if I tryed. How do people combat bloatedness when uping their food intake?

what are you eating. 3000 cals can come from many sources.

RedSpikeyThing
05-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Try not to eat a heavy meal before lifting. The bloated feeling could be coming from a lot of things. I find high carb meals (like pasta or rice) make me feel pretty bloated.

Noxon
05-30-2007, 07:50 AM
I agree with Red, and the same thing happens to me if I eat any flour-derived carbs (i.e. bread, pasta, most cereals) before a workout.

Around your workout, try getting your carb calories from ground oats and sugars (mostly sugars) and then eat some solid proteins that are low in fat, like chicken and Nitrean (Don't eat fatty foods pre workout!). That should help you feel less bloated and also provide good pre-workout nutrition.

garjagan
05-31-2007, 06:22 AM
rhett2go: I'm eating Scotch pankakes in the morning. 3 rounds of sandwiches for lunch, brown bread, beef/chicken, cheese, mayo, lettuce, typical meat veg carb dinner. Plus a couple of bars of homemade PB,oat,honey,protein power bars. And protein shakes. Some extra dark chocolate. Not many bad calories.

I'll try to keep away from fatty foods around the work out. I'm probably just eating too bigger meal before lifting. I need to plan not only what I eat but also when I eat it. Sheesh - nothing's easy!

Cheers for the tips guys.

yankeekd25
05-31-2007, 07:29 AM
I started a new diet yesterday, and I woke up with the worst stomach ache ive ever had. I went straight for the toilet.