PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please check out my Fitday?

yankeekd25
05-30-2007, 06:43 AM
I'm trying to cut down to about 10% Body Fat. Currently I'm about 20%. Are these the right numbers? My maintence is about 1800 cals. I just don't know what percentages of macros I should use.

http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=yankeekid25

It comes out to be 48% Protein, 31% Fat, and 20% Carbs. Is that good for a cut?

Thank you.

Mr. D
05-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Maintenance is 1800 cals? Eating that low an amount is a pretty aggressive cut that could include muscle loss.

How much fibre are you getting, it seems like very little.

I also would up the fat to about 75g a day.

yankeekd25
05-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Well thats what it came out to. I can tell you right now I don't have that much muscle to worry about losing. I just wanna lower my body fat. I pretty much eat the same things everyday and it came out to 1800ish. As for fiber, something around 10 g. And as for fat, 75 g would be about 38% of 1800 cals. Is this correct?

Mr. D
05-30-2007, 01:23 PM
dieting by percentages is faulty. Make sure you hit your minimums, thats most important.

Fibre needs to be at least 25g. Add veggies. They are low carb, very filling and full of fiber and nutrients.

I would probably drop that banana and add veggies like broccoli,spinach,green beans in its place.

yankeekd25
05-30-2007, 01:33 PM
I forgot to put it in my Fitday, but I eat lots vegetables just about everyday. The banana I put in my shake. Is this a good recipe for a shake on a cut or is this more of a bulking shake or does it not matter since I am getting the macros I'm lacking?

1 cup of Skim Milk
Banana
1/2 cup of oats
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Scoop of Nitrean
2 Tbsp of Nat. PB

Mr. D
05-30-2007, 01:37 PM
I forgot to put it in my Fitday, but I eat lots vegetables just about everyday. The banana I put in my shake. Is this a good recipe for a shake on a cut or is this more of a bulking shake or does it not matter since I am getting the macros I'm lacking?

1 cup of Skim Milk
Banana
1/2 cup of oats
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Scoop of Nitrean
2 Tbsp of Nat. PB

Add the veggies to fitday.

Personally, on a cut, I like to chew my foods. Liquid meals do nothing in terms of satiety for me. And I would either keep the banana or the 1/2c of oats, if you are deadset on your 1800 cals.

yankeekd25
05-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Does 100-200 cals mean a whole lot? When i plug in the foods i've eaten/ plan on eating today, I'm at 1995. Will that make a difference? Plus, once i've established my cals, week by week i decrease them right? by 100 a week?

Mr. D
05-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Well you should be able to lose at 1995 cals, assuming you have a pretty good activity level.

You want to reach 10% BF, that means your target weight is 153lbs assuming you lose no LBM. You do know you are looking at a 20-22 week proposition.

Once you begin to stall in weight loss, you either have to drop cals or add in more cardio.

yankeekd25
05-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Well you should be able to lose at 1995 cals, assuming you have a pretty good activity level.

You want to reach 10% BF, that means your target weight is 153lbs assuming you lose no LBM. You do know you are looking at a 20-22 week proposition.

Once you begin to stall in weight loss, you either have to drop cals or add in more cardio.

I do WBB1 Mon, Wed, Fri and I'm gonna run on the treadmill for 30 mins everyother day. I'm leaving for college at the end of August, so we'll see how my transformation went at that time. So you think I will be losing about a lb a week? Works for me. Thanks for your help, Mr. D!