PDA

View Full Version : Need a Diet!

eamon3
05-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Hey guys! i need help with a diet. Im around 150 pounds and im 5'11 nearly 6'. im skinny but i have a little bit of a tummy. I need help lossing that tummy and getting a flat stomach. I also want to gain muscle in the chest, arms, legs ect. Not to big to where ill become slower on the basketball court because at 5'11 speed is all i really have to my advantage and of course shooting. So i dont think i want to bulk up? or i dont know i need advice on the best diet and eating habits. thanks..

Elgordo
05-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Learn to eat 5-6 times a day with your normal routine and eat plenty of protein to keep you fueled and growing

Mr. D
05-30-2007, 06:48 PM
You need to build muscle mass. If you can get others parts of you to grow while keeping your stomach relatively the same, it will appear to look flatter.

I would start tracking what you eat on www.fitday.com. If this is how you've been eating for past few weeks and are not gaining or losing, then you've found your maintenance calories.

Now add 10% on top of that.
Aim for 1g/lbm of protein and 0.5g/lbm of fat.
LBM= bodyweight - bodyfat

What kind of lifting routine are you following? Since you are playing bball, your body needs to grow as a whole, I would suggest a 3x a week, full body workout.

eamon3
05-31-2007, 07:00 PM
yeah i lift monday,weds,fridays. I Warm up by going in my front patio and take jump shots with leg weights for like 15 mins. Then i go inside to my home gym and i'll start off with a benchpress and then military press, a bicept work out by pulling the bar down from where my wait is down to a full extenstion of my arms (sorry i dont know all the names of the work outs (:newbie:) then ill bar raises for bicepts ( kinda like barbells but with both hands and i start from my waist arms at a 90 degree angel and i bring it up to my chest) and lastly ill lift legs with my waist. Then after repeating this 5 times i go outside and jump rope for 5-10 mins. Im usually really tired before i go jump roping. This is a new schedule i decided to follow i started it this week.

Mr. D
05-31-2007, 07:25 PM
Thats not the best of routines. You are a bball player who needs explosion in your legs. That would mean squats.

You need these lifts in your routine: Squat, Romanian Deadlift, Bench Press, Row, OH Press, Pullups. The accessory lifts like BICEPS and TRICEPS will be taken care of, but they can be hit directly at the end of a workout.

Check out the Bodybuilding/Weightlifting Forum. Do some searches for a routine by Anthony,Paul Stagg, and some others.

But I would switch to a full body routine routine 3x a week.

eamon3
06-01-2007, 11:33 AM