PDA

View Full Version : Getting bigger means new clothes

FlipYa4Fake
05-31-2007, 06:44 AM
JUST A RANT:

I've been hitting the gym hard now for 3 monthes and have put on a good amount of mass. I've put on a good 10-15lbs because I've been eatting like an animal. I started an office job at a large insurance company 4 monthes ago. I bought a lot of button up and polo shirts because this is my first office job. Now 3-4 monthes later, all my XL shirts are tight around my chest and arms. What a waste of money! I don't know if I should go buy XXL and grow out of them or what. I love my new size, hate needing new clothes. I also really hate that different brands have bigger or smaller XL shirts. Some of my XL's fit ok others....not so much. Anyone else have this issue? Rant away.

RBB
05-31-2007, 07:06 AM
everyone here probably has this issue. it definitely sucks wasting money on new clothes all the time, but that's a problem i'll gladly deal with.

Guido
05-31-2007, 08:04 AM
Just another indicator of progress. Learn to love it. :thumbup:

KingWilder
05-31-2007, 08:12 AM
this is why from now on I'm going to stop cutting and bulking. When I do "bulk" it'll be with a goal of "I want to have gained 20lbs by the end of the year"

hopefully that will keep my waist close enough to the same size and require me to buy less new clothes..but yeah, it's inescapable if you plan on becoming bigger

RedSpikeyThing
05-31-2007, 08:45 AM
I started to have that problem on my lower half. Pants are slim and, because of sensitive skin, I've actually had some chaffing. And I'm 5'8" 150 lbs....I can't imagine the big guys on here. The up side is my bathing suit fits properly because I actually have an ass now :D

smokinHawk
05-31-2007, 09:19 AM
my legs have been growing alot, all my pants are getting tight, except for the waste, i have had to get the loose fit jeans, but know even those are tight, i usally get a 32 waste which is a bit loose, if i have to step up to a 34 the waste is gonna be bunched up by a belt quite a bit.
also even my tshirts that use to get on and off easily are havent troulbe getting off.

they need to make a clothing line for people that are in shape.

thoughtshewas18
05-31-2007, 09:20 AM
Just another indicator of progress. Learn to love it. :thumbup:

:strong: :D :hump:

WBBIRL
05-31-2007, 02:57 PM
It could be worse, you could be wearing 3X trying to find clothes that look half decent.

I'd be happy though if I were a smaller guy and needed to buy new clothes.

Optimum08
05-31-2007, 03:11 PM
i like new clothes and clothes shopping in general.

Teufelhund
05-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Your clothes are tight around the chest and arms? Isn't that the goal?

Altephor
05-31-2007, 03:39 PM
I love having to buy bigger clothes.

Oh who am I kidding, I love getting bigger and wearing the same size clothes, feels good to fill up those sleeves.

I hate shopping anyways, nothing ever seems to fit me well.

onecrazycowgirl
05-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Try being a girl that's a full-fledged lifetime member of the IBTC with big shoulders. Halter tops become your best friend ... yay for the summer!

chemical Andy
05-31-2007, 10:27 PM
I like the growth and the new sizes that come with it, mainly because when I was young, I wore Mediums and Larges, and those sizes were always sold out. Now I wear XXL, and those sizes are always on sale.

I'd hate to have a job, where I had to dress formally. Shopping would be expensive. Fortunately, I'm a very simple guy and I don't like brand named clothes, so I just restock on plain T-shirts (5 for $20). Very cheap and my jeans are $15 Wranglers from Target.

BLK85
06-01-2007, 01:40 AM
Ive been having the same problem. I started my job which is also office, a few months ago and also started lifting a few months ago and now all my polos are tight abour the sleeves, chest area is good yet. My pants are also getting looser. I have now been able to put on some of the older pants now, which is great.

Im kind of happy though, it shows me that Im acctually changeing and doing some good.

UnknownSoldier
06-01-2007, 03:25 AM
It could be worse, you could be wearing 3X trying to find clothes that look half decent.

I'd be happy though if I were a smaller guy and needed to buy new clothes.

3x? I'm about 250 and no skinny at all.. I can still fit into an XL... Lil tight but eh..

Smooth23
06-02-2007, 02:18 AM
I'm stuck somewhere in between large and xl right now. Everything XL looks baggy, everything large is to tight, it sucks.

WBBIRL
06-03-2007, 01:57 PM
3x? I'm about 250 and no skinny at all.. I can still fit into an XL... Lil tight but eh..

Even after losing 60 pounds my shoulders and chest are very broad... I still take a 56 suit jacket.

Beast
06-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Your clothes are tight around the chest and arms? Isn't that the goal?
:withstupi

As long as they aren't cutting off your circulation, keep them.