PDA

View Full Version : Cut diet help!!

T3hNick
05-31-2007, 06:16 PM
I've been trying to get in shape for a while now and I'm being held down by my diet. I have no problems lifting 3-4x a week (wbb1) and cardio (jogging a mile or 45 mins of bball quite often), just i cant get started cause I think about my diet. I know im supposed to count my calories on fitday but i have no idea what to eat. I mean with school (2 weeks left) I've been doing a small bowl of cereal, a meatball sub at lunch, and usually chicken breasts/steaks/hamburger for dinner. I just dont think i can get the results i want with this diet, am i right or wrong? Can somebody suggest something that I can throw together?

Built
05-31-2007, 06:20 PM
www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com)

Track for a couple days, post up what your calories and macros are, and we'll be able to help.

Mr. D
05-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Do as the lady says.

As for what to eat: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

minime_moomey
06-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Not trying to jack this thread, but I just had a quick question about fitday for Built (or anyone else who may know)...I seem to have trouble finding a lot of what I eat on there...should I just start basing my diet on the options they have? lol. I dont really know what else to do to get an accurate total for my day...:bow: thanks in advance

Mr. D
06-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Not trying to jack this thread, but I just had a quick question about fitday for Built (or anyone else who may know)...I seem to have trouble finding a lot of what I eat on there...should I just start basing my diet on the options they have? lol. I dont really know what else to do to get an accurate total for my day...:bow: thanks in advance

you can enter custom foods.A lot/most of my fitday is custom foods.

T3hNick
06-13-2007, 04:32 PM
grams cals %total
Total: 1405
Fat: 64 572 42%
Sat: 18 160 12%
Poly: 13 116 8%
Mono: 22 202 15%
Carbs: 129 487 35%
Fiber: 7 0 0%
Protein: 80 318 23%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Here's what I've been eating for a while now. I just finished school today, so now I have a good amount of time to make more healthier meals. I'm not sure this is much of a diet but im trying to get in shape over the summer. I've been playing basketball outside (2-3 times) per day at a good 30 minutes each time. I know this is a little much but I'm bored. I'm also planning on hitting the gym 3 -4 times if possible per week. Will all three of these get me results i want. Im currently even 160 15-16% bf. I want to get down to 7-8% i know this wont happen all over the summer but this is a good time for me to start. Thanks and any additions or comments about my diet would be appreciated. Another question is would be drinking whey protein once or twice a day be counterproductive to losing weight?

T3hNick
06-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Oh btw the above numbers are roughly for these foods. Breakfast froot loops/frosted flakes (cup size) with a good amount of milk. Lunch chicken parm. snack (3-4pm) 5 crackers with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Dinner, hamburger/steak/pasta.

KingWilder
06-13-2007, 06:15 PM
not enough protein

ditch the fruit loops/frosted flakes...too much sugar (High Fructose Corn Syrup most likely)...eat oatmeal or some eggs and WW Toast w/PB

veggies/fruits ?

you need to completely revamp your diet if you want to make any sort of significant gains/changes this summer

T3hNick
06-13-2007, 06:18 PM
ok thats fine. I;m willing to do that. The only reason i went with the cereal is cause i had school and not excess time in the morning to make healthy stuff. now i do so i will. As for fruits im obsessed with apples, oranges and plums. I like broccoli a lot to as well as salad. Can i help out the protein situation with a shake (32g protein) or is that not good for a cut.

KingWilder
06-13-2007, 06:28 PM
shakes are fine on a cut, most people just prefer whole food because they want to chew the little food that they actually get

personally, I'm lazy...so aside from breakfast and lunch I basically just have Nitrean shakes

try and eat between 134-190g of protein per day, 65g healthy fats, and fill the rest of your calories with veggies, fruits, and whole grains

Built
06-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Nope, that's fine. You like hardboiled eggs, cottage cheese, tuna ... ?

T3hNick
06-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Uhh i like tuna fish that comes in the can that i can put on bread. I never had a hardboiled egg, i dont like the white part of boiled ones though. As for cottage cheese ive never had it.

Built
06-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Try mixing tuna with cottage cheese - it's surprisingly good, full of protein, kinda makes it like tuna salad but low fat.

T3hNick
06-14-2007, 07:45 AM
not enough protein

ditch the fruit loops/frosted flakes...too much sugar (High Fructose Corn Syrup most likely)...eat oatmeal or some eggs and WW Toast w/PB

veggies/fruits ?

you need to completely revamp your diet if you want to make any sort of significant gains/changes this summer

What is WW toast?

Optimum08
06-14-2007, 08:39 AM
What is WW toast?

Whole Wheat Toast.

Optimum08
06-14-2007, 08:42 AM
If you do indeed eat bread make sure its whole grain/whole wheat/looks the most rustic/grainy/dark.