PDA

View Full Version : Voting Thread - PHOTO CONTEST - INTENSITY

Relentless
06-01-2007, 06:20 AM
All right.

I was just going to have this be the top 10, but there were so many good entries that I had to expand it a little.

So, for your voting pleasure, here are the candidates:

Relentless
06-01-2007, 06:21 AM
more entries

Relentless
06-01-2007, 06:22 AM
still more entries

Relentless
06-01-2007, 06:22 AM
last entry

Relentless
06-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Let the voting begin!!

Bob
06-01-2007, 06:45 AM
Some great entries everyone.. it's a hard vote...
GL everyone...
Sorry I had to go for Workhorse... kinda the intensity I'm trying to emulate in my current training program.. that was what tilted it for me..

StepTo, Detard, Guido, Risk & tdotteg - it could have gone any of your way.. different day & time.. awesome..

Clifford Gillmore
06-01-2007, 06:50 AM
LMAO at Tdoteggete or whatever it was voting on tdottge's!

I vote stepto's, thats a fantastic shot no matter what way you look at it.

Guido's, JustinF and Detard had awesome shots too.

McVein
06-01-2007, 06:51 AM
was between guido and risk for me, went with guido.

tdotteg
06-01-2007, 06:55 AM
LMAO at Tdoteggete or whatever it was voting on tdottge's!

I vote stepto's, thats a fantastic shot no matter what way you look at it.

Guido's, JustinF and Detard had awesome shots too.

lol hey that's my wife :D

anyways, good luck everyone! lots of great shots but I had to go with um... me cuz i heard if you vote for tdotteg, you will hit a PR and gain lots of muscle and lose bodyfat like crazy :D

razorcut
06-01-2007, 07:09 AM

Same w/me. I'm going Risk. Good shots all!

getfit
06-01-2007, 07:25 AM

same here, Stepo as well

Big o Boy
06-01-2007, 07:58 AM
I have to go for stump on this one... he looks like a maniac. lol.

Organichu
06-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Kiaran gets my vote.

KingWilder
06-01-2007, 09:46 AM
I gave mine to Risk

his picture looks the coolest

Sidior
06-01-2007, 10:05 AM
I voted for detard, although it was close between him and risk.

Guido
06-01-2007, 10:20 AM
was between guido and risk for me, went with guido.Thanks, man. ;)

Chubrock
06-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Haha I'm getting destroyed. Shoulda kept the Zercher Picture lol.

SW
06-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Stump all the way!

Guido
06-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Uh, what if there's a tie?

Big o Boy
06-01-2007, 12:44 PM
then I win.

sharkall2003
06-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Guido. That stance is just phenomenal. To me, it replicates a very distorted feeling of a held in adrenaline rush paired with a free mind that is perfectly paired with a strong body. Great picture.

Guido
06-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Guido. That stance is just phenomenal. To me, it replicates a very distorted feeling of a held in adrenaline rush paired with a free mind that is perfectly paired with a strong body. Great picture.And that perfectly describes how I feel just before attempting a new PR deadlift in a powerlifting meet.

TwiloMike
06-01-2007, 03:11 PM

It was between those two for me also. I voted Guido. (sorry, Risky)

ArchAngel777
06-01-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't think Risk or Tdog are intense at all... I think Tdog is focused, and risk looks like he has failed his lift and is depressed. They are great from an artistic viewpoint, but not from an intensity viewpoint, in my opinion.

The people who had intense pictures were StepTo180 (personally, one of my favs), Stump, LittleJake, Workhorse and a few others...

I think this contest turned from intense to "best artistic picture" based on the votes...

Teufelhund
06-01-2007, 03:35 PM
WOW! Who is that incredibly sexy guy behind Blood & Iron???:cool: I'm voting for him! lol

Risk gets my vote too.

Bohizzle
06-01-2007, 04:04 PM
was between guido, sidior and workhorse for me...

I voted for Sidior, the intensity in the picture, IMO shows what intensity on a maximum effort lift should look like.

Beast
06-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Kiaran looks like he's working the hardest to me. It's hard for me to consider a pic of a person standing or crouching without lifting any weight intense, IMHO (No offense to anyone who posted a pic!).

getfit
06-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Kiaran looks like he's working the hardest to me. I'm not sure how a pic of a person standing or crouching without lifting any weight can be considered intense, IMHO (No offense to anyone who posted a pic!).

but they are so artistic huh? ;)

Beast
06-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Definitely!

Lones Green
06-01-2007, 06:27 PM
it was between guido and stumpy for me. i think i'm going with guido.

Can'tstopnow
06-01-2007, 09:42 PM
I had to go with 8.8, her pic is the result of countless hours of intensity in the gym and the kitchen. Hella nice work 8.8!

Stumprrp
06-02-2007, 12:03 AM
awesome pictures!

stepto180
06-02-2007, 12:12 AM
I don't think Risk or Tdog are intense at all... I think Tdog is focused, and risk looks like he has failed his lift and is depressed. They are great from an artistic viewpoint, but not from an intensity viewpoint, in my opinion.

The people who had intense pictures were StepTo180 (personally, one of my favs), Stump, LittleJake, Workhorse and a few others...

I think this contest turned from intense to "best artistic picture" based on the votes...

thanks arch...and risk!!! I need to get my butt back here more i appriciate the votes even if I cant spell it also thanks to getfit for the honorable mention lol

Chris Rodgers
06-02-2007, 12:45 AM
I was gonna go with Guido, Stump or Workhorse.

I ended up going with Guido. I think I am biased to pictures of powerlifting meets. :thumbup:

McVein
06-02-2007, 05:53 AM
8.8's picture is great and all, but i dont see how it is intense in the slightest?

Not no be a nay sayer just wondering why its intense? Again, its a great pic and she has obviously worked very hard, and looks great.

Sensei
06-02-2007, 06:27 AM
I chose Blood&Iron's pic. Classic.

tdotteg
06-02-2007, 08:00 AM
looks like workhorse is galloping way ahead!

For the ppl saying the pic doesn't show intensity, when i first saw the contest post, it said you don't have to be actually be in the middle of your set and I thought ppl would automatically take pics of them lifting. I guess I wanted to be different and try and show intensity in a different way but I guess I failed to convey that with my pic :( . All in all i'm happy with how the pic turned out and keep the votes coming! :clap:

Thank you for those who voted!
c3p,fixationdarkness,gunshow, smokinghawk , me and my sexy wife:thumbup:

Workhorse
06-02-2007, 09:35 AM
I just wanted to say that the contest is about INTENSITY... not being artistic or being focused etc. I hope people remember that.

I'm glad people are liking my photo, thanks, it means a lot! :)

ArchAngel777
06-02-2007, 01:12 PM
looks like workhorse is galloping way ahead!

For the ppl saying the pic doesn't show intensity, when i first saw the contest post, it said you don't have to be actually be in the middle of your set and I thought ppl would automatically take pics of them lifting. I guess I wanted to be different and try and show intensity in a different way but I guess I failed to convey that with my pic :( . All in all i'm happy with how the pic turned out and keep the votes coming! :clap:

Thank you for those who voted!
c3p,fixationdarkness,gunshow, smokinghawk , me and my sexy wife:thumbup:

I decided to lookup the defination of intensity, since sometimes we know the usage of the word, but get different ideas that really shouldn't be there. Here is what I came up with, to verify if what I had in mind was correct.

inĚtenĚsiĚty /ɪnˈtɛnsɪti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-ten-si-tee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
ľnoun, plural -ties. 1. the quality or condition of being intense.
2. great energy, strength, concentration, vehemence, etc., as of activity, thought, or feeling: He went at the job with great intensity.
3. a high or extreme degree, as of cold or heat.
4. the degree or extent to which something is intense.
5. a high degree of emotional excitement; depth of feeling: The poem lacked intensity and left me unmoved.
6. the strength or sharpness of a color due esp. to its degree of freedom from admixture with its complementary color.
7. Physics. magnitude, as of energy or a force per unit of area, volume, time, etc.
8. Speech. a. the correlate of physical energy and the degree of loudness of a speech sound.
b. the relative carrying power of vocal utterance.

Out of all those defintions (some of them are quite useless referring to the root of the word intense) I think only #2 applies to this situation. With that said, I believe everyone should be voting based on #2.

So with that said, I mentioned you have a very "focused" look about your picture, which in fact does fit within the definition of the word intense. However, the difference between your picture and say, Worhorse, was that he met the defination much closer and had more of the attributes.

Guido
06-02-2007, 09:00 PM
It looks like workhorse is gonna pull it out. I think it definitely is intense, though I don't think I'd vote for it for the purpose of this contest only because he looks a tad constipated in it. No offense. I think almost everyone looks like that when pushing it to the limit (no pun intended). ;)

06-02-2007, 10:51 PM
I had to go with 8.8, her pic is the result of countless hours of intensity in the gym and the kitchen. Hella nice work 8.8!

yea thanks for the vote cant stop (and hill)

well if i couldnt vote for myself i would have voted for kiran good pic defilany intense i also like work, sensi and sidors

SupRsmall
06-03-2007, 12:27 AM
tdotteg

great photography.

Relentless
06-03-2007, 05:50 AM
Kiaran looks like he's working the hardest to me. It's hard for me to consider a pic of a person standing or crouching without lifting any weight intense, IMHO (No offense to anyone who posted a pic!).

As one of the official arbiters of the contest, I can definitively say that for the purposes of MY judgement, holding weight in your hand isn't NECESSARILY required to show intensity. It's more (IMHO) than just straining tendons and sweat and a squinchy facial expression.

But y'all vote however you like. :)

KingWilder
06-03-2007, 11:40 AM
It looks like workhorse is gonna pull it out. I think it definitely is intense, though I don't think I'd vote for it for the purpose of this contest only because he looks a tad constipated in it. No offense. I think almost everyone looks like that when pushing it to the limit (no pun intended). ;)

my thoughts exactly

Big o Boy
06-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm definitely a constipated lifter... no shame in that. :thumbup:

RedSpikeyThing
06-03-2007, 03:15 PM
tdotteg

great photography.

Same here, I'm a sucker for black and white.

TwiloMike
06-03-2007, 03:34 PM

x2. There's intensity pictured, and then there's the intensity of the picture. They don't always go hand in hand. The intensity in both Guido's and Risk's pics is wonderful and easily felt despite neither of them actually lifting anything in the image. I voted for Guido's pic because of the colors, composition, and I can feel that he's gathering a storm of force to unleash.

(I actually had a discussion with another WBBer above the artistic merits of that shot)

Jordanbcool
06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
I really liked little jakes for some reason. Don't know why, I just felt that particular deadlift was hard.

I also thought sidior and workhorse were good entries.

ericg
06-04-2007, 08:25 AM
i like step's, guido's and workhorse's. went with the later.

deeder
06-04-2007, 01:53 PM
I voted risk... Mostly because I like sitting on the bar too :p

Rock Steady
06-04-2007, 05:54 PM

Agreed - it's about intensity only per the rules. I voted for him.

TommyBoy
06-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Workhorse....bar none! That's f*****' intensity!!!

Guido
06-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Looks like Workhorse is gonna be a runaway winner.

*pun intended*

Relentless
06-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Thank you everyone for voting!

Workhorse really ran away with the voting on this one, congratulations -- you're the Peoples' Choice!!

And the staff pick, after discussion between Daniel and myself and a careful consideration of the merits of all the entries, is...

STUMPRRP!!

Both of our winners will receive a bottle of ETS - Extreme Training Support (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5&osCsid=0a175d80c3368f6ed649a5ad24bec65d)from our sponsor, At Large Nutrition.

Congratulations to our winners and also to everyone that entered. Every entry got some votes, which helps underscore the fact that every entry showed intensity. Well done!!

Stumprrp
06-10-2007, 09:32 AM
wtf! LOL!!! no more DOMS!

i personally think you should give it to someone else but...ok! thanks! haha.

Joe Black
06-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Well done guys - your products are going out ASAP!!!

Well done to everyone that entered, it was fun judging!

Sensei
06-11-2007, 05:45 PM
That's awesome! Congrats you two!

Workhorse
06-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks to everyone that voted for me. I appreciate it. :)

Sidior
06-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Great pics from both of you guys, way to do it!

RedSpikeyThing
06-12-2007, 01:43 PM
congrats, guys!

Guido
06-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Awesome job, everyone, and congrats to the winners.

tdotteg
06-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Congrats to you two!! and thank you for those who voted :)

getfit
06-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Congrats guys.You both deserved it.

Fuzzy
09-16-2007, 03:31 AM
I wish I could have enetered.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/big_fuzzy/160squatclose.jpg

I dont think Ive ever had that much expresion or made that much noise in a single lift.