PDA

View Full Version : No squat PR, but...

Alex.V
06-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Since we're posting these...

Pulled 725 yesterday. Sumo style, as per usual. Chalk only.

Hamstring is still strained, and shoulder's still in pain, so no new bench or squat PRs. I'm actually changing my routine in about three weeks for the first time in years, switching to an actual PL routine. I might also ACTUALLY buy myself a bench shirt. Hell, if I'm going to keep doing this, I may as well do it right.

Oh, went for a run afterwards. 3 miles. The run hurt infinitely more than the deadlifts. I hate running. Hate hate hate.

Clifford Gillmore
06-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Thats silly.

Anthony
06-01-2007, 07:08 AM
Agreed, that's insane.

Chubrock
06-01-2007, 07:29 AM
If you want to feel real pain, squat and pull heavy in the same workout and then run a timed mile in Chuck Taylors. Worst idea I have ever had...

smokinHawk
06-01-2007, 07:42 AM
725 raw is awsome, great job!

WillKuenzel
06-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Alex, to be as infinitely as smart as you are, you have an amazing ability to display some seriously poor judgment at time. ;)

I'd like to see you actually get serious with your lifting. You'd really create some waves if you'd get in some equipment and compete.

Isaac Wilkins
06-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Oh, went for a run afterwards. 3 miles. The run hurt infinitely more than the deadlifts. I hate running. Hate hate hate.

It wouldn't bother you so much if you weren't so fat.

Bob
06-01-2007, 08:41 AM
I'd like to see you actually get serious with your lifting. You'd really create some waves if you'd get in some equipment and compete.Why equipment? You guys are in the hotbed of raw lifting... Belial could smash some of those records already.

It wouldn't bother you so much if you weren't so fat.So what is fat to you guys? 8% bf? :windup:

Belial, the 725 is impressive!! awesome in fact! But what was the 3 mile time? under 20 mins?

Big o Boy
06-01-2007, 09:04 AM
great job B. Heavy ass lift. Very interested to see your new powerlifting routine... You going to make a journal to show this crazy new idea of yours? hmmmm?

WillKuenzel
06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Why equipment? You guys are in the hotbed of raw lifting... Belial could smash some of those records already.

Why equipment? Why not?! ;)

Stumprrp
06-01-2007, 03:07 PM
725 is a great pull

Chris Rodgers
06-01-2007, 03:17 PM
725 is pretty good for a bodybuilder.

Franco
06-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Great lift Alex!

Make sure you put the next pr on film.

How did you strain your hamstring?

Sensei
06-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Monstrous pull. Nice job.

chris mason
06-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Alex, post a video! You never post videos! I would love to see one of your lifts.

Nice pull!

Chris

Rock
06-03-2007, 08:51 AM
jeezez, your getting close to the world record.

JustinASU
06-04-2007, 06:25 AM
725 is pretty nasty. If you ever want to lift in a place with some boards/chains/bands/boxes, etc, let me know. Rick has a tiny ass gym in his garage that I've been lifting at for the past 9 months (since I moved back in NC).

I'm pretty sure those Dukie gyms don't allow all that mess.

Alex.V
06-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Hey, appreciate the feedback guys.

Main thing about this, looking back... and the real reason I need to change my routine... is that it might be a good lift objectively speaking, but it's taken far too long to get here. Hell, I've only gone up about 80 pounds in the last three years. That's slow as crap.

Franco- Pulled the hamstring sprinting, aggravated it during a set of reverse-band squats about six months ago.

Will- Poor judgement? HA! You have no idea. ...or maybe you do. I think you met my ex.

Justin- How far is this place from Durham? At the duke gym I pretty much got my run of the place.. which is good and bad. They let me do whatever the hell I want, but I'm really a little bored with the whole big fish small pond scene over there. When you're 25% lifting more than anybody, there aren't too many people who you can really get inspired by. I need to be humbled.

Actually, running almost humbles me enough. No, my 5k is a fairly miserable 26:00. Granted, I just went out at an 8:30 pace and jogged it, given that I haven't run more than 800 meters in over a year, and have never gone further than a mile and a half without either stopping or hitchhiking.

But one of my friends, who's a former Ranger, decided he'd make me agree to running a half marathon with him sometime this year. Even made me sign a contract. This is when I was drunk two nights ago. ****.

Anyhow, thanks again y'all. I should post a vid or SOMETHING just to get form feedback.

Chubrock
06-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Justin- How far is this place from Durham? At the duke gym I pretty much got my run of the place.. which is good and bad. They let me do whatever the hell I want, but I'm really a little bored with the whole big fish small pond scene over there. When you're 25% lifting more than anybody, there aren't too many people who you can really get inspired by. I need to be humbled.

Justin and Rick lift right outside of Mebane. It's a pretty clean setup actually. Plenty of weight, bars, bands, and boxes. Enjoyed lifting up there, but I've really got to make it back. Once is not enough.

WillKuenzel
06-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Come south sometime little buddy. (...and I can call you little now, because I weigh more than you. ;) )

We'll deadlift and then head out to eat and get drunk. Just like always.

Isaac Wilkins
06-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Come south sometime little buddy. (...and I can call you little now, because I weigh more than you. ;) )

Werd.

Guido
06-04-2007, 09:14 AM
'Grats on the 725. I think you'll do well doing a PL specific program. Your numbers are already fantastic, but I'm sure if you focused on the big 3 more, you'd have amazingly great potential (though I'm sure training for a half-marathon isn't going to help you much strength-wise).

If any of you guys ever make it out to the Midwest, stop by Champaign, Illinois. We've got multiple state, national, and world record holders that lift on my team, including plenty of guys squatting 700+, benching 500+, and deadlifting 600+. You can lift with Illini Powerlifting on our nice Forza equipment, we'll flip the 630lb tire and pick up some heavy atlas stones over at the high school, then we can go out and eat some restaurant out of business, then drink some bars out of business, too, for good measure.

JustinASU
06-04-2007, 11:16 AM

woah woah woah...your skinny ass weighs more than Alex now?

When did this happen?

JustinASU
06-04-2007, 11:20 AM

I'm not sure I would *humble* you, as I have been through a lot of accidents and hardships since you and I last hung out and I am not at my largest or strongest. I am simply providing a small powerlifting haven away from the yuppiness that is Duke. We'd love to have you come up sometime and hit up a session. As Andrew said, it's in Mebane, which is a 25 minute drive for me, but I carpool with Gabe (who you have also met before) to get out there.

The invitation is always open. No pop music, no mirrors (which might be terrible for you :p ). Just a very basic setup with access to some equipment that you may not normally have. It's always nice to swap training techniques and get feedback on your form with like minded lifters.

Keith
06-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Alex, post a video! You never post videos! I would love to see one of your lifts.

:withstupi

One hell of a pull! It would be 100x better if you had a video to show your insane strength. Post any video of your lifts dude, I've never even seen a pic of you on here. Do you or anyone else know if there's a pic/video of him on here?

Franco
06-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Franco- Pulled the hamstring sprinting, aggravated it during a set of reverse-band squats about six months ago.

I know what that feels like especially after the grade two tear of my hamstring in March.

Isaac Wilkins
06-04-2007, 03:05 PM
:withstupi

One hell of a pull! It would be 100x better if you had a video to show your insane strength. Post any video of your lifts dude, I've never even seen a pic of you on here. Do you or anyone else know if there's a pic/video of him on here?

There are pictures.

Several of us have met and worked out with Alex, if you're doubting him.

Keith
06-04-2007, 03:08 PM
lol not doubting him at all. I know there's a bunch of you who have met him in person as well. I'm curious to see his physique though, that's all. Where are his pictures? Got a link? I've seen one pic of his quad in his journal, that's it.

Beast
06-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Picture a dude who is 5'11", 225-230, 7% bf, and that's him. ;)

Isaac Wilkins
06-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Picture a dude who is 5'11", 225-230, 7% bf, and that's him. ;)

Wide as a condor, but so shallow that he disappears when turned sideways.

:birthday:

Edit: As to pics I have a few from my trip to Raleigh, but I'm not going to post those to protect the guilty. Alex could probably come up with his pictures if he wants them rediscovered, I suppose.

Keith
06-04-2007, 03:32 PM
AAHHHH! No *****! Lol that's WHY I want to see him.

Alex.V
06-04-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm on a website somewhere.

If you can find it.

WillKuenzel
06-04-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure I'd want to find it. It's untelling what kind of website it is. ;)

Keith
06-04-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm on a website somewhere.

If you can find it.

What is this, a game?

Post some damn pics! Or tell me where your pics are posted. I keep picturing a fridge, with some NOS attached to it...That's the best I can come up with.

Beast
06-04-2007, 08:25 PM
You shoulda been a member here a few years ago... there was a VIDEO with him in it!!!!1 :omg:

Built
06-04-2007, 08:30 PM
You shoulda been a member here a few years ago... there was a VIDEO with him in it!!!!1 :omg:

♪♪ Bow chika bow bow ... ♪♪ ♪

Bako Lifter
06-04-2007, 08:42 PM
^ lmao

FasTraxx94
06-10-2007, 06:37 PM
What is this, a game?

Post some damn pics! Or tell me where your pics are posted. I keep picturing a fridge, with some NOS attached to it...That's the best I can come up with.

He's huge, and the last time I saw him was almost 2 years ago.