PDA

View Full Version : 1 bulk-to-cut comparison shot. Thoughts?

Outshine
06-01-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm currently 24, 5'10, 160lbs.

I'm getting somewhat near the end of a cut right now, and I hate every second of it. My body seems to store every single drop of fat on my stomach and no where else. So, I look really small in clothes at this point, yet my abs are still not visible unless I flex them really hard in good lighting. The rest of me looks kind of lean, but my stomach... not so much. It sucks ass. I just want to start bulking already.

I took this back double bi pic to compare to a similar pic I took at the end of my previous bulk and I figured I'd share it. I think I totally over-blacked out the background, though. Feel free to laugh at that.

The top pic is the before (bulk) pic, the bottom pic is the after (cut) pic.

(*NOTE* Ignore the backne, if you can. Between the backne and the storing of all fat on my stomach... my genetics are horrible.)

I'm open to all thoughts and critiques. Thanks.

PoutineEh
06-01-2007, 12:36 PM
can really see improvements in your back. may i ask why you are wanting to stop your cut, though? it is working for you and your physique is looking much better. do you just not like it for the same reasons everyone else doesnt?

Outshine
06-01-2007, 12:46 PM
can really see improvements in your back. may i ask why you are wanting to stop your cut, though? it is working for you and your physique is looking much better. do you just not like it for the same reasons everyone else doesnt?

Pretty much. I mean, I'm 5'10 160lbs. I'm from from big, and I'm far from my goal which is to be a lean 180-190lbs (or as close as my genetics will allow me to get naturally).

And, the more I cut, the smaller I look (or at least feel) and that drives me a bit nuts. Really since like the day I started this cut all I can think about it my next bulk.

Thanks for the feedback, by the way.

Tofer
06-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Your waist looks much smaller, man. A lot of people have said that the fat stored in your stomach can be the most stubborn of all. Don't give up.

What are you doing for your cut? Is it all diet or are you doing HIIT too? If you haven't started yet, that might be the best way to go.

Questor
06-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Good work

Outshine
06-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Tofer, no kidding. The worst part for me is that my stomach is where 99% of my fat is stored. The difference in waist size between these two pictures is, get ready for this... a little over 3 and a half inches! Seriously. The bulk pic I'm at about a 36.6 inch waist, and the cut pic is about a 33 inch waist. All fat is stored in my stomach.

And my cut has been all diet. After the first time I bulked (a bunch of years ago), I cut horribly because I didn't know any better. I reduced cals and did 30 mins of cardio (jogging) 3 times a week to start. I ended up losing fat so fast it was insane... one of the few perks of being an ectomorph. Only problem was I lost a ton of muscle. And I mean a TON. Since then I've been scared to death of cardio and haven't done any. Although, now that it's summer and the weather is good, I'll probably be outside playing a lot of basketball a few times a week, so that will be the closest thing to cardio I'll end up doing.

Thanks Questor.

Tofer
06-01-2007, 09:09 PM
I think your problem was the type of cardio you were doing.

Read this article by Alwyn Cosgrove:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/alwyn8.htm

I've been starting the program he outlines at the end and it's working out great so far. I'm an ectomorph, like you, and during my first cut I sacrificed way too much muscle too. This time around, after the initial loss in water weight, I've been losing weight at a smarter rate while keeping my lifts all the same and even moving up in some. I would really give it a shot if I were you. You're probably at that stage where you almost need HIIT to get any further.