PDA

View Full Version : Cheat Meal Questions

beachmuscles
06-02-2007, 02:37 AM
I honestly could go 5 years and not cheat...BUT I'm pretty socially involved and tons of things come up, etc etc.

Usually every Friday night or Sunday Morning I cheat. The Friday Nights are typical, and I usually just do it to hang out with friends. Sometimes I order the healthiest thing on the menu, sometimes the worst. These cheats are pretty controlled, since I can go anywhere, anytime, etc. Usually if I don't go for food on Friday night (rare) I'll go for Breakfast Sunday morning with my Mom.

So I'm just wondering...Is there any benefial time to cheat? Beneficial things to have? Should I aim for the carb amount I normally have? Have more? I'm on a really really clean bulk. Is Pizza a dumber cheat, then Steak? I would think stuff like Pizza/Icecream would be stupider then lets say a Steak or Sushi since Pizza/Icecream is low on protein.

I understand it sounds silly since it's a "Cheat" but I'm kinda just doing it for social reasons, etc.

Built
06-02-2007, 02:49 AM
If you want to go lowfat, do a ton of low fat carbs and call it a refeed. That's probably "idea" from a physique standpoint.

If that's not convenient, well, just eat whatever you want and if you can get away with it from time to time, go for it.

beachmuscles
06-02-2007, 03:18 AM
What happens if your carb restricted, and you don't do any refeeds, or cheats for that matter?

LouPac
06-02-2007, 04:09 AM
If steak is a cheat what's the point in living?

Freakish
06-02-2007, 05:17 AM
i dont consider steak or sushi cheat meals, both can be very high in both protien and important fats. personally, my cheats are often the late night oreo binges or occassional diner meal once or twice a week, and of course beer. haha.

rhett2go
06-02-2007, 06:22 AM
i feel too guilty to have a cheat "day" so i kinda mix up one day a week with clean and cheat stuff. pizza, ice cream and of course mexican with a BIG beer and the other 4 meals are clean.

Bicster
06-02-2007, 07:19 AM
So if you cheat every week at least once, what makes you think you "could go 5 years and not cheat?"

CiteCollegiale
06-02-2007, 07:59 AM
If steak is a cheat what's the point in living?

x2. Beef is my favorite animal.

tdotteg
06-02-2007, 09:09 AM
x2. Beef is my favorite animal.

thanks for the new sig!

beachmuscles
06-02-2007, 02:37 PM
SO If I go out to eat and order a Steak, that's not a cheat? I thought a restaurant smoothers all the steaks in grease and butter? What's a good steak to get?

tdotteg
06-02-2007, 02:40 PM
ask for a leaner cut meat like tenderloin and sirloin. but the fat on a Tbone just makes it tastier mmmmmm:drooling: which reminds me, I have a 50 dollar gift card for keg steakhouse.

Mr. D
06-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but TDOTTEG, you misspelled favorite in your new signature.

Beast
06-02-2007, 04:48 PM
i dont consider steak or sushi cheat meals, both can be very high in both protien and important fats. personally, my cheats are often the late night oreo binges or occassional diner meal once or twice a week, and of course beer. haha.
hahaha I have oreo binges, too. I just buy a whole package, pour a huge glass of milk, and have at it. If you eat the entire pack, you actually get 30g of protein, too!

tdotteg
06-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but TDOTTEG, you misspelled favorite in your new signature.

thank you!

Built
06-02-2007, 07:18 PM
What happens if your carb restricted, and you don't do any refeeds, or cheats for that matter?

Why the hell wouldn't you do refeeds???

LouPac
06-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Why the hell wouldn't you do refeeds???

Or cheats? Sounds like you're setting yourself up for failure doing that.

seK
06-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Or cheats? Sounds like you're setting yourself up for failure doing that.

He cheats every week.

seK
06-02-2007, 10:00 PM
I honestly could go 5 years and not cheat...BUT I'm pretty socially involved and tons of things come up, etc etc.

Usually every Friday night or Sunday Morning I cheat. The Friday Nights are typical, and I usually just do it to hang out with friends. Sometimes I order the healthiest thing on the menu, sometimes the worst. These cheats are pretty controlled, since I can go anywhere, anytime, etc. Usually if I don't go for food on Friday night (rare) I'll go for Breakfast Sunday morning with my Mom.

So I'm just wondering...Is there any benefial time to cheat? Beneficial things to have? Should I aim for the carb amount I normally have? Have more? I'm on a really really clean bulk. Is Pizza a dumber cheat, then Steak? I would think stuff like Pizza/Icecream would be stupider then lets say a Steak or Sushi since Pizza/Icecream is low on protein.

I understand it sounds silly since it's a "Cheat" but I'm kinda just doing it for social reasons, etc.

Cheat meals and Re-feeds all have their place. Nothing is more annoying than seeing someone come up with excuses for unscheduled cheating on their diet.
Unless you are going crazy, trying to get laid or dieing there are no valid excuses.

06-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Cheat meals and Re-feeds all have their place. Nothing is more annoying than seeing someone come up with excuses for unscheduled cheating on their diet.
Unless you are going crazy, trying to get laid or dieing there are no valid excuses.

hahahah the most important one!!!!

LouPac
06-02-2007, 10:38 PM
He cheats every week.

Did you read his second post?

seK
06-03-2007, 03:43 AM
Did you read his second post?
Honestly I can't read I only pretend I can to get chicks!