PDA

View Full Version : couple of random questions

samj
06-02-2007, 07:07 AM
What is the LONGEST time you can spend in the gym atm i am averaging like 1hour 20 minutes to 1hour 30! but sometimes there is alot of waiting around for stuff etc.

does anyone know of nutrisport 90+whey? Its a whey casein mix very cheap tastes good 90grams of protein per serving (2 50g scoops) 2.5fat 2.5 carbs seems to good to be true!

forgot the other question(s):cry:

accuFLEX
06-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Grammar FTW!!!1111one!!1

mikey4402
06-02-2007, 08:28 AM
IMO if your workout is longer then 50 mins, your wasting alot of time

Sidior
06-02-2007, 08:30 AM

IMO if you are making broad generalized statements you are wasting your time

sharkall2003
06-02-2007, 09:07 AM

Can you tell me why? Sometimes I take a 3 minute break and sometimes I take 30 secnod minute breaks. Sometimes I only do 15 sets, sometimes 30.

Sensei
06-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Relax everyone. Of course it depends on the individual, but I agree that most trainees don't need to be in the gym for more than an hour.

samj
06-02-2007, 09:55 AM
well no answers yet.
it hasnt hamperd(sp) my gains atall soo. I do 3x6 with 5 excersises 15sets. There is 2 barbells in the gym one bench on squat rack(usually empty woohoo) so it is small and when its cramped there can be some watining around.

mikey4402
06-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Can you tell me why? Sometimes I take a 3 minute break and sometimes I take 30 secnod minute breaks. Sometimes I only do 15 sets, sometimes 30.

I just dont see why you would need say, in your case , 3 mins in between a set. What are you doing durning that time period? My Break lasts just long enough for me to get my breath. i might take a little longer rest after a heavy set of deads or squats but 1 1/2 mins at the most.

Im not saying that my workout is more intense or anything compared to someone who takes longer between sets. I like to keep my workouts under a hour just because i have things to do outside of the gym. I cant be wastings time in the gym messing with my ipod or looking at girls with pink dumbells. plus it gives me more time to eat:burger:

IMO if you are making broad generalized statements you are wasting your time why is it so generalized. i would guess most of us here are in the 15-20 set range. And i dont see why it would take over an hour to complete.

Sensei
06-02-2007, 10:45 AM
I just dont see why you would need say, in your case , 3 mins in between a set. What are you doing durning that time period? My Break lasts just long enough for me to get my breath. i might take a little longer rest after a heavy set of deads or squats but 1 1/2 mins at the most.I don't know how heavy you go, but inbetween heavy lifts I'll take plenty of time - usually more than 5 mins. If you are training for strength, there's really no rush.

That said, even if you are taking your time, most of the people here could probably finish their training sessions in a hour if they eliminated foo-foo exercises and gabbing at the water fountain.

bigmoney
06-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Im usually there about 2+ hours or more....of course most of it is spent talking about training between sets and random gym nonsense

Mr. D
06-02-2007, 10:59 AM
I am running UD2.0. The power workout generally lasts me 2+ hours.

Its 3 sets of 5 of squats/calf raises,bench/row,incline bench/pullup with some other lifts in there 2 sets of 5 like shoulder press/rear raise and cg bp/barbell curls. I also add in 2 sets of 5 RDL.

3-5 minute rest between sets and it quickly adds up.

I do sip on dex/whey drink during the workout for some fuel.

I am wiped out for the rest of the day after it.

KingWilder
06-02-2007, 11:01 AM
1 - 1.5 hours

usually it only ends up being more than an hour if I'm waiting for equipment