PDA

View Full Version : Calorie Intake Question

alexp003
06-03-2007, 12:58 AM
How many calories would one recommend per day for someone that is 5'11'', about 178 and maybe 13% bodyfat (havent checked, just going on what I see)

LouPac
06-03-2007, 01:25 AM
www.fitday.com

Mr. D
06-03-2007, 01:49 AM
Are you trying to lean out or gain mass?

How have you been eating up until this point?Track what you've been eating up until this point using the above link. Assuming, you havent been gaining or losing with this amount, this is your maintenance cals.

If you want to lose fat, then reduce this amount by 10-20%.
If you want to gain mass, then increase this amount by 10-20%.

alexp003
06-03-2007, 02:05 AM
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=alexp003

Mr. D
06-03-2007, 02:27 AM
Ok so how are you gaining with this amount?

alexp003
06-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Im not real sure yet. Im thinking that Im going to have to continue a couple of weeks for any true answer. Im pretty sure that Im an ectomorph as well, if that helps with any suggestions. I am staying steady at about 180 right now which is a gain but I weighed myself mid-day at the gym after eating a lot up until that point. I last weighed before I started the new diet and had eaten almost nothing that day. Im not sure if those are true results or not but that is the only fluctuation I have seen. So basically, I realize that Im going to have to continue the way that I am and be consistent and go from there, but I just wanted some input from more experienced people on the calorie intake subject. Maybe just a basic chart that seems to be the best at trying to generalize caloric intake recommendations based on height, weight and bodyfat %. Thanks.

Built
06-03-2007, 02:44 AM
You're already doing better than any chart can tell you. If you're tracking, you'll KNOW. Anything else is at best an estimate that fits population averages.

alexp003
06-03-2007, 02:54 AM
You're already doing better than any chart can tell you. If you're tracking, you'll KNOW. Anything else is at best an estimate that fits population averages.

I agree. I think that this is definately the best route. Everyone is different and reacts differently to these things. Just looking for that input from someone who has been at this a little longer than I have.