PDA

View Full Version : Would this be overkill...

Portboy
06-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Hello,

I apologise for plaguing this forum with my annoying questions, however i feel that the search function may not be able to answer this (no doubt i'll be proved wrong).

So after playing football today (or soccer) i realised that i'm incredibly slow and it annoys me.

So i was wondering - could i somehow combine: agility drills, steady state cardio, HIIT, maybe even some plyometrics (obviously not all on the same day) along with some GPP/conditioning work (using punchbag stuff, i posted a thread about that here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=96247))

I'm currently using BGB (modified a bit, not drastic, well just another leg day before horizontal push/pull) so i was considering including the suggested cardio routine in Built's 'How to do Cardio if you must', however is there any way i could include some of the above mentioned areas (agility drills, etc.) into it?

Or, would this just be overkill?

I don't want to specifically train for football/soccer because i only play for leisure on the occassion, this is pretty much just for general conditioning/speed/agility, i suppose.

Cheers in advance.

Bupp
06-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Right now im lifting 4 times a week, doing SAQ twice a week and doing intervals twice a week. If you lifting weights to improve your soccer BGB is probably not your best bet.

Portboy
06-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Right now im lifting 4 times a week, doing SAQ twice a week and doing intervals twice a week. If you lifting weights to improve your soccer BGB is probably not your best bet.

Hello,

I apologise for plaguing this forum with my annoying questions, however i feel that the search function may not be able to answer this (no doubt i'll be proved wrong).

So after playing football today (or soccer) i realised that i'm incredibly slow and it annoys me.

So i was wondering - could i somehow combine: agility drills, steady state cardio, HIIT, maybe even some plyometrics (obviously not all on the same day) along with some GPP/conditioning work (using punchbag stuff, i posted a thread about that here)

I'm currently using BGB (modified a bit, not drastic, well just another leg day before horizontal push/pull) so i was considering including the suggested cardio routine in Built's 'How to do Cardio if you must', however is there any way i could include some of the above mentioned areas (agility drills, etc.) into it?

Or, would this just be overkill?

I don't want to specifically train for football/soccer because i only play for leisure on the occassion, this is pretty much just for general conditioning/speed/agility, i suppose.

Cheers in advance.

The bold bit, sorry. Thanks though.

ericg
06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Agility drills, steady state cardio, HIIT, and plyometrics = GPP/Conditioning, so you are all set there.

Basically you want to do the above with BGB routine. I dont see why not, just work a few days of the HIIT/conditioning/plyos, etc. stuff in there. Mix it up.

Portboy
06-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Agility drills, steady state cardio, HIIT, and plyometrics = GPP/Conditioning, so you are all set there.

Basically you want to do the above with BGB routine. I dont see why not, just work a few days of the HIIT/conditioning/plyos, etc. stuff in there. Mix it up.

OK, cool, cheers!

Wiggy
06-12-2007, 07:01 AM
I'm not sure what "BGB" is (link?), but here is an option...

Christian Thibadeau (I just butchered the spelling, lol) wrote an article a while back that could suit your needs.

Start with 10-15 mins of agility work. Then, a quick 3-4 exercise full-body workout (a push, a pull, and a squat/DL). Follow it up with 15-20 min "GPP" (the article talked about a dragging, sledge hammer, sandbag circuit, but just about anything would work). Either after that or the next day, do 20-35 mins of easy, low-intensity steady state cardio.

Do the above roughly 3x/week.

Kelly Baggett also has some articles at his site discussing setting up optimal workout models for somebody in your shoes...

Wiggy