PDA

View Full Version : Chugging Protein shakes

joshgraham22
06-03-2007, 12:25 PM
My buddy told me that chugging a protein shake isn't as good for you as drinking it slowly. Is there any merit to his statement or is he just a idiot?

KingWilder
06-03-2007, 12:39 PM
he's just an idiot

Stray
06-03-2007, 12:39 PM
My buddy told me that chugging a protein shake isn't as good for you as drinking it slowly. Is there any merit to his statement or is he just a idiot?

:thumbup:

Cirino83
06-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Your friend. He is an idiot.

bill
06-04-2007, 01:43 PM
There was some info in Men's Fitness, that if you sip it will lessen chance of gas!

CarlP
06-10-2007, 12:11 PM
There was some info in Men's Fitness, that if you sip it will lessen chance of gas!

Yeah, but gas can be fun.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Ask him what the basis of his statement is and the reasoning behind it. :thumbup:

BigBossMan
06-11-2007, 09:28 AM
I read an article posted in here somewhere. I think it was by that Lyle Macdonald guy. But is said that you body doesn't absorb nutrients from a shake as well because the whole process of digestion begins with chewing. He said that chewing signals to the body that there is food coming and begins the secretion of digestive enzymes. Alot like my Columbian Boa when it attacks the rat that action starts his digestive system going so by the time he actually eats the rat he is ready to go. The guy recommended chewing something that was real chewy like beef jerky before taking the shake and sipping it slowly. Could be bs. He aslo recommended some digestive enzyme supplement.........on the other side of the coin though i have also read that the body digest nutrients found in liquid form easier than in solid???