PDA

View Full Version : few pics, bodyfat % estimates please

Herandi
06-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Would like to get a rough estimate of my bodyfat % (excuse the bad skin), my guess was about 13% possibly but im not really sure. I was 182 pounds about 2 months ago and my cut went really bad and i lost too much muscle (mainly due to bad diet during exams). im about 170 lbs in these pics.

Future plans are cut down to 9-10% then slow bulk to about 200 lbs

I haven't really ever known how to work out my back properly which is why its so weak, but i am going to start BGB soon and hopefully build some killer lats!

Any critique is welcome and feel free to be honest,
thanks

tdotteg
06-03-2007, 12:22 PM
um i say you're at 10% right now but i suck at guessing bf.

Herandi
06-03-2007, 12:33 PM
im sure its more than 10% because without tensing my abs have minimal definition, thanks for the guess anyway. Anyone else??

samj
06-03-2007, 12:35 PM
i would say 10% also maybe you just havnt got big abs

Herandi
06-03-2007, 12:40 PM
yeah my abs aren't huge to be honest, have neglected them for a long time, upper abs are started to grow nicely, but it i'm still carrying a little bit of fat on my lower abs from the bulk, and i want to get rid of this before i slow bulk. 10% is reasonably cut and i don't think im there yet?

samj
06-03-2007, 12:59 PM
i think you are i just think you need more muscle mass so i would say bulk instead of finishing the cut personally

peacefrog
06-03-2007, 01:03 PM
You look pretty good, I would guess somewhere from 10-12%.

On a different note, it seems to me as if your shoulders are lagging a bit, especially in that back pose.

Mr. D
06-03-2007, 02:13 PM
I would say ~10% as well. Not everyone can get abs at 10%. its all about genetics and where you carry your fat.

Herandi
06-03-2007, 02:34 PM
samj - yeah i definately need more muscle mass but i'm gonna be patient this time and cut then bulk slowly mainly because i want to stay pretty lean all year round. You think this is skinny you should have seen me last year this time when i was around 150 lbs now that's skinny!
At the moment i feel in between things, i've lost a lot of muscle so i'm not as big, yet for all that i'm not that defined yet. i'm never gonna cut during my exams again, haven't been to gym in about 2 weeks just trying to maintain at the moment really.

peacefrog- thanks bro, and yeah my shoulders are definitely lagging which is strange because my shoulder lifts are one of my strong points, guess just bad genetics and its something i find hard to build.

Mr. D- i really need to buy some calipers and test my bodyfat % soon when i have the time. My abs need building up, and losing a bit of fat in lower abs to bring them out. And yeah unfortunately lower abs seems to be the place that gathers all the fatty deposits, oh well

Jordanbcool
06-03-2007, 05:48 PM
I would say ~10% as well. Not everyone can get abs at 10%. its all about genetics and where you carry your fat.

I agree. 10% probably. 11% at most.

Unholy
06-03-2007, 05:50 PM
10% sounds right, eat some more IMO

Herandi
06-03-2007, 06:12 PM
i want to start my slow bulk on a really lean base though so will prob cut for a few weeks, try not to lose too much weight, carb cycle and try to build up abs/lose lower ab fat. Looking forward to the bulk though!

method115
06-03-2007, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't try to cut your really skinny. Your abs I think are to small like everyone else said. If I were in your shoes I would bulk and not slowly. Then again I have no clue about your overall goals I was just saying, thats what I did when I was skinny like you.

Gabrielle
06-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I would say 10-12%. I say keep cutting down, you are almost there. Once you get really lean, start your clean bulk. Or you could just bulk right now. It all depends on your comfort level with bodyfat.

Herandi
06-04-2007, 02:21 AM
yeah not happy with my bodyfat % now so maybe cut for a few more weeks. Due to past experiences and through things i've read on this site i think clean/slow bulks are much more favourable that dirty/quick bulks. I don't really mind taking my time, working on my weak lifts and seeing slow but steady gains