PDA

View Full Version : Eggs -- Good or Bad?

Sean_Killeen
03-25-2001, 07:24 AM
I currently have adapted my diet to eat more eggs, as I have heard from numerous sources that they are beneficial to one's muscle & health.

I'd like to know the ups and downs of them.

Thanks!

Spiderman
03-25-2001, 07:47 AM
Eggs are NOT bad for you. People say they are because they have high cholestorol and fat. But the cholesterol in eggs isn't absorbed by the body at all. It passes right out of your system. As for the fat....its not that much at all...1.5 g of sat fat in a whole egg and 4.5 g total fat. Then there's the fact that a whole egg is a complete protein in and of itself. It has all the essential amino acids for the body. Hope this helps some bro. :cool:

YatesNightBlade
03-26-2001, 01:21 AM
If you want little muscles ..... then stay the hell away from eggs.

hemants
03-26-2001, 07:50 AM
The link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol is definately there but it is not a 100% correlation. Therefore I disagree with Spidey's statement as he's presented it.

I know many people who eat too much cholesterol who also have high blood cholesterol. Of course, there are also some people who seem to defy the laws of nature.

Best thing to do is if you're eating a lot of animal fat (including eggs) get your cholesterol checked regularly. Ask your Doctor.

the last thing you want to be is a big, cut, bodybuilder who is unhealthy and at risk of coronary heart disease.

Sean_Killeen
03-26-2001, 03:05 PM
Well, let's put it this way.

I'm not trying to be a professional bodybuilder. I do want muscles, however. Also, I'm 14. ;)

I will, however, get my cholesterol checked frequently.

I do love eggs, so hey, as long asd their not hurting me THAT much, I might as well go for it. :D

kAto
03-26-2001, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Sean_Killeen
Well, let's put it this way.

I'm not trying to be a professional bodybuilder. I do want muscles, however. Also, I'm 14. ;)

I will, however, get my cholesterol checked frequently.

I do love eggs, so hey, as long asd their not hurting me THAT much, I might as well go for it. :D

lol, 14 years old, and he gets frequent cholesterol check-ups!

Sean_Killeen
03-28-2001, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by kAto
lol, 14 years old, and he gets frequent cholesterol check-ups! lol! not yet, anyways. Perhaps in the future.

Intel. Muscle
04-02-2001, 10:13 PM
No link has been shown between dietary cholestrol (consumed in food) and blood cholestrol.

Blood cholestrol, which is made by the liver, is caused by high levels of saturated fat. It is blood cholestrol which causes heart problems, not dietary cholestrol.

Eggs are predominantly unsaturated fat, which is a good source of fuel.

ALL the vitamins and minerals are in the yolk.

I believe, although I am not 100% certain, that the egg yolk contains a better quality amino acid profile. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

A person who is young, athletic, and with no history of heart disease in the family, could easily benefit from eating 5 egg yolks a day, although someone who is fat, lazy, and with heart disease in the family, should stay away from eggs simply because of the saturated fat levels, although they aren't particularly high.

My question to you people, could this same hypothetical person get away with eating 10 egg yolks a day?

Sean_Killeen
04-03-2001, 05:17 AM
I don't think I would eat ten, simply because I would get sick of them. Many body builders eat up to seven, I believe (although again, I'm just an amateur).

This is really helping me out, guys. Thanks again! Keep postin'!

Joe Black
04-03-2001, 05:39 AM
Sean I know amatuer bb's that eat over 20 a day on a low day ! LOL....

I eat 6 a day :) (5 whites and one whole)

vpy
04-03-2001, 10:26 AM

I believe, although I am not 100% certain, that the egg yolk contains a better quality amino acid profile. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

a page i had bookmarked that has some info on the nutritional composition of an egg:

http://www.aeb.org/food/nutrient.html

I guess there are some vitamins in the white..but not much.

Intel. Muscle
04-03-2001, 07:57 PM
Excellant web page, I've spent ages trying to find a page with the break down of the amino acid content of eggs. Thanks Vpy.

So the amino acids are split equally between the egg white and the egg yolk.

However, all the vitamins and minerals are in the yolk.

My question: Do the vitamins and minerals in the yolk make the yolk worth taking, despite its fat content? I have no fat on me whatsoever, and am trying to gain some fat as this will make it easier for me to build strength.

I always used to think it was fruit which gave us all our vitamins, now I'm under the impression that the only Vitamin we get from fruit is Vit C. I eat Red Peppers for that, they are extremely dense in Vit C, 200mg per large red pepper, (over tripple the RDA)

hemants
04-04-2001, 08:02 AM
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

This has all the nutritional info you will ever need.

1. eggs are about 1/3 saturated fat (1.8g out of 5.8)

2. More cholesterol info here http://www.americanheart.org/Heart_and_Stroke_A_Z_Guide/choldi.html

3. There is a link between dietary saturated fat, dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol, not sure where you got your info from.

the doc
04-04-2001, 02:53 PM
hemants said,
3. There is a link between dietary saturated fat, dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol, not sure where you got your info from.

I disagree. I know what the AHA says. However, the adkins diet uses a high cholesterol, high fat diet which actually results in significant improvements not only in total cholesterol but also in lipid profile. It results in significant improvements in patients risk factors. Besides total cholesterol is one of the least important numbers and is secondary to HDL and total chol/HDL ratio, and smoking as main risk factors. There are several new studies out which substantiate this as well. In fact, arteriosclerosis is one of the least understood degenerative diseases and anyone who claims they have the answer is just trying to sell you something. My own personal OPINION (although scientificly based) is that free hydroxyl radicals cause the oxidation of lipids into viscous plaques. But it is much more complicated than this.

hemants
04-05-2001, 07:30 AM
Doc,

I don't doubt your references but I would love to see a published study in a peer reviewed journal that says there is no link between dietary saturated fat and blood cholesterol.

I agree there are many factors in blood cholesterol, overall weight loss being one of them. This is one possible explaination of why Atkin's diet followers see reduced cholesterol levels. (Assuming that this has been published in a peer reviewed journal and not just the studies done by those trying to sell you their stuff :) )

True, there are recent studies that show that dietary cholesterol is not as bad as dietary saturated fat in elevating serum cholesterol levels, but note the phrase "as bad as".

As with everything else, I think moderation and balance are the key.

There is nothing in an egg that can't be had from other, low fat sources.

ZenFitness
07-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Eggs are good for you, but too much of any one thing can be bad. If you eat a bazillion eggs with not enough exercise then yes, they would be bad. If you cook eggs with a pound of butter, then that could be a problem.

However, if you exercise and eat a normal amount of eggs, then that is no problem. You should not avoid eggs simply because someone said they had "high cholestrol". You just need to eat a sensible amount of eggs.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Eggs are good for you, but too much of any one thing can be bad. If you eat a bazillion eggs with not enough exercise then yes, they would be bad. If you cook eggs with a pound of butter, then that could be a problem.

However, if you exercise and eat a normal amount of eggs, then that is no problem. You should not avoid eggs simply because someone said they had "high cholestrol". You just need to eat a sensible amount of eggs.
This thread is 8 years old dude. Why did you revive it? I don't think the person that started the thread is still curious about this question a decade after asking it.

Trainwreck
07-17-2009, 02:17 PM
At least he didn't make another thread asking the same thing.

ZenFitness
07-17-2009, 02:40 PM
LOL I have no idea... this thread was at the top of the list when I went into the diet forum.

Adam-7
07-20-2009, 01:00 AM
I love eggs and I think, from what i've read, that they are really good for you. Plus, the protein can't be beat.

getting_big
07-21-2009, 02:10 AM
I think organic free range eggs (grain fed) eggs are good for building muscle. The problem is that the common supermarket variety is so full of hormones it's not funny. I've read that it does affect hormone levels if you eat a lot of it. The problem then is that organic eggs are a lot more expensive.

Optimum08
07-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Holy Old Thread, Batman!

Mercuryblade
07-22-2009, 04:23 PM
I think organic free range eggs (grain fed) eggs are good for building muscle. The problem is that the common supermarket variety is so full of hormones it's not funny. I've read that it does affect hormone levels if you eat a lot of it. The problem then is that organic eggs are a lot more expensive.

Egg-laying hens are not fed hormones.

EDIT:

Do egg laying hens receive hormones?
Egg laying hens are not given hormones. Some egg cartons say that the eggs are hormone free; however, this is true for all eggs in commercial egg production in the United States.

http://www.poultryegg.org/faq/faq.cfm (Source)

Justin Ryan
07-22-2009, 08:20 PM

Wow this thread is old. Oh well,

Where is the protien in an egg is the question I'm asking I guess. And why eat a whole egg v/s just the whites??

redwolf4k
07-23-2009, 09:21 AM
I think eggs are a pretty big staple. I use the pre-pasturized egg whites in the cartons, sold at every grocery store in the country. Its a little more expensive but it takes the work out of the preperation, plus, I am able to mix it right into a post shake, or drink it, without the worries.

hagus
07-31-2009, 02:03 AM
I used to have 8 a day raw in my protein shakes when I was a youngster!

Joe Black
07-31-2009, 02:40 AM
Wow this thread is old. Oh well,

Where is the protien in an egg is the question I'm asking I guess. And why eat a whole egg v/s just the whites??

Justin, half is in the white and half is in the yolk. The fat is in the yolk which is why often some people just use the whites for the protein without the fat calories.

backdraft005
07-31-2009, 04:16 PM
I know many people who eat too much cholesterol who also have high blood cholesterol. Of course, there are also some people who seem to defy the laws of nature.

Like 85 year old Frenchmen with their ****ing Salted pork (pure fat by the way). ****ing disgusting.

shansen008
07-31-2009, 10:44 PM
No link has been shown between dietary cholestrol (consumed in food) and blood cholestrol.

Blood cholestrol, which is made by the liver, is caused by high levels of saturated fat. It is blood cholestrol which causes heart problems, not dietary cholestrol.

Eggs are predominantly unsaturated fat, which is a good source of fuel.

A person who is young, athletic, and with no history of heart disease in the family, could easily benefit from eating 5 egg yolks a day, although someone who is fat, lazy, and with heart disease in the family, should stay away from eggs simply because of the saturated fat levels, although they aren't particularly high.

My question to you people, could this same hypothetical person get away with eating 10 egg yolks a day?

Actually a link has been show between dietary cholesterol intake and blood cholesterol levels, but only when the dietary cholesterol in your food is accompanied by large amounts of saturated fats. This is why things like eggs and shellfish have always had sucha bad (and undeserved) rap. Shellfish are really high in cholesterol but contain almost 0 sat fat...therefore eat all you like. Eggs have sat fat, but as was said earlier, not much...its mostly good fat in the yolk. I have no concern whatsoever with eating as many eggs as i can stand. My metabolic panel always comes back clean, and i get bloodwork done every 6-12 months.

There have been numerous studies done on eggs in the past couple decades...if the average American didnt have the attention span of a toddler this myth would be dead already.

TysonFaulkner
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Like everything, there seems to be many different arguments for or against eggs. I personally love eggs because they're a good source of protein and I love omelettes :)

Also instead of looking at whether or not the fat in eggs is saturated or unsaturated, I think the thing to look for is if they are natural or not. Like most food, the more 'raw' you can get it the better it is for you. So if you get eggs from chickens grown on a farm that eat natural food, it's going to be a whole lot better for you than from the chicken grown in a plant pumped full of antibiotics and hormones.

brihead301
08-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I think this is overthinking things. Eggs are a good, whole food with high protien and fat (both very important to get a lot of). Therefore, they are fine to eat if eating healthy is your thing.

Mercuryblade
08-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Like everything, there seems to be many different arguments for or against eggs. I personally love eggs because they're a good source of protein and I love omelettes :)

Also instead of looking at whether or not the fat in eggs is saturated or unsaturated, I think the thing to look for is if they are natural or not. Like most food, the more 'raw' you can get it the better it is for you. So if you get eggs from chickens grown on a farm that eat natural food, it's going to be a whole lot better for you than from the chicken grown in a plant pumped full of antibiotics and hormones.

They don't give egg-laying hens hormones or antibiotics.

XMadmanX
08-07-2009, 12:11 AM
eggs are only good if you eat the chicken as well

crowewhite123
08-07-2009, 04:55 AM
Have you cut back on eggs to protect your heart?

Is your omlet now made with just the whites?

Guess what, eggs may not be as bad for us as first believed.

fatty_09
08-07-2009, 08:33 AM
take the yolk out and the white of one large egg is roughly 17 calories. and from a post i put up about good recipes with them, they're the perfect matrix for any other foods ya wann throw in there lol. not terribly expensive, and they're loaded with protein. oh, and as a matter of fact for my first meal of the day, i had three egg whites with salsa. its actually pretty good for something that looks like vomit.

newaza007
08-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Eggs, for whatever reason, have gotten a bad wrap over the years because of cholesterol. A few whole eggs a day is fine. Especially now that they sell eggs from specially fed chickens that produce eggs high in Omega 3s.

shansen008
08-09-2009, 06:16 PM
take the yolk out and the white of one large egg is roughly 17 calories. and from a post i put up about good recipes with them, they're the perfect matrix for any other foods ya wann throw in there lol. not terribly expensive, and they're loaded with protein. oh, and as a matter of fact for my first meal of the day, i had three egg whites with salsa. its actually pretty good for something that looks like vomit.

Eat the whole egg for the love of chickens. @ 17 Calories youre talking about a little over 4g of protein per egg white then. So 3 of them and some salsa i dont think i would call a meal, more like a premeal snack. Feed yourself! ;)

AKMass
08-10-2009, 07:05 AM
This thread is 8 years old dude. Why did you revive it? I don't think the person that started the thread is still curious about this question a decade after asking it.

He didn't revive it. Someone else did when they voted in it...Perhaps you? :ninja:

MarkM
08-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Arnold said no more then 3 yolks/day (i listen to this rule). they're good, but so is moderation

crystalr0w3
08-14-2009, 02:59 AM
I love eating eggs. I eat 2 eggs a day since that's the required consumption of it. It has good and bad effects. The egg yolk has cholesterol but the egg whites must be eaten after you have consumed the egg whites because it is the one that clears the cholesterol. It means that both must be eaten not just the egg yolk alone.

Eggs has other good benefits too because of its vitamin contents too but it has cholesterol as well

kornmong
09-17-2009, 02:54 AM
So......

From reading this I still would like to ask

Could I have 4 poached eggs a day for breakfast on 2 - 4 pieces of soy and linseed toast?

I ask this cause I need another staple meal cause my current breakfast is poor and I need to up my calories a fair bit and this would be high in it

Thanks Cya

Yusef
09-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Such a big thread, just about eggs..

I've always heard white = good
Yellow = bad

but i'm sure it differs on what you want to acheive

SDS
09-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I didn't vote because there isn't an 'awesome' option.

martinpaul12
09-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi Friends,

Well,I can't judge properly that eggs are good for health or not.Eggs are high in cholesterol, and a diet high in cholesterol can contribute to elevated blood cholesterol levels. However, the extent to which dietary cholesterol raises blood cholesterol levels isn't clear. Many scientists believe that saturated fats and trans fats have a greater impact than does dietary cholesterol in raising blood cholesterol.

Adding to the confusion, the American Heart Association recently acknowledged that as long as you limit dietary cholesterol from other sources, it may be possible to include a daily egg in a healthy diet a statement that was heavily reported in the media.

Here are the facts: One large egg has about 213 milligrams (mg) of cholesterol all of which is found in the yolk. If you are healthy, it's recommended that you limit your dietary cholesterol intake to less than 300 mg a day. If you have cardiovascular disease, diabetes or high LDL (or "bad") cholesterol, you should limit your dietary cholesterol intake to less than 200 mg a day. Therefore, if you eat an egg on a given day, it's important to limit or avoid other sources of cholesterol for the rest of that day.

Thanks

sharkall2003
09-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi Friends,

Well,I can't judge properly that eggs are good for health or not.Eggs are high in cholesterol, and a diet high in cholesterol can contribute to elevated blood cholesterol levels. However, the extent to which dietary cholesterol raises blood cholesterol levels isn't clear. Many scientists believe that saturated fats and trans fats have a greater impact than does dietary cholesterol in raising blood cholesterol.

Adding to the confusion, the American Heart Association recently acknowledged that as long as you limit dietary cholesterol from other sources, it may be possible to include a daily egg in a healthy diet a statement that was heavily reported in the media.

Here are the facts: One large egg has about 213 milligrams (mg) of cholesterol all of which is found in the yolk. If you are healthy, it's recommended that you limit your dietary cholesterol intake to less than 300 mg a day. If you have cardiovascular disease, diabetes or high LDL (or "bad") cholesterol, you should limit your dietary cholesterol intake to less than 200 mg a day. Therefore, if you eat an egg on a given day, it's important to limit or avoid other sources of cholesterol for the rest of that day.

Thanks

The AHA also tells you to limit all kinds of fats and have a lower maximum then Doctors of Nutrition. According to AHA you're supposed to limit olive oil, coconut oil, peanut butter, cow lard (butter), steak, etc. I am not advocating that the AHA has bad information, just the information they provide does not take into account a generally very active lifestyle. Athletes, strength sports, and individuals with a high level activity need slightly higher amounts of cholesterol and fats.

faster
10-13-2009, 11:49 PM
AHA's amended guidelines say that there is "no longer a specific recommendation on the number of egg yolks a person may consume in a week.”

natediesel
10-14-2009, 12:13 AM
I prefer fried eggs. Olive oil in pan, heat, crack eggs into pan, wait a bit and flip... wait some more then eat. Olive oil is ok for you and so are eggs apparently... so I guess this is a decent (part of a) breakfast?

Titanium_Jim
10-15-2009, 12:07 AM
This thread is funny. If you are on a low calorie diet, buy a carton of egg whites and enjoy. If you are afraid of cholesterol, set your fear to rest with a bowl of cheerios at the end of every day. And enjoy. Eggs are full of amazing.

godstrength
10-16-2009, 07:49 AM
I currently have adapted my diet to eat more eggs, as I have heard from numerous sources that they are beneficial to one's muscle & health.

I'd like to know the ups and downs of them.

Thanks!

Eggs are NOT bad for you. People say they are because they have high cholestorol and fat. But the cholesterol in eggs isn't absorbed by the body at all. It passes right out of your system. As for the fat....its not that much at all...1.5 g of sat fat in a whole egg and 4.5 g total fat. Then there's the fact that a whole egg is a complete protein in and of itself. It has all the essential amino acids for the body. Hope this helps some bro. :cool:

Spiderman makes a good point. Additionally if people have issues with cholestorol, that comes from more than just eggs alone. Eggs alone are not going to raise a persons cholestorol. It is usually a sign of overall bad health. Meaning they eat like crap period- and do not exercise.
Then there is also the genetic element. I know people with cholestorol issues who eat cleaner than BB'ers during prep.

Eggs got a bad rap. They are an excellent food, and a great source of protein.

I personally use omega 3 eggs.

HanaKhan
10-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Eggs are good, but 10 would be too much :/

shutUpAndSquat
10-30-2009, 02:57 AM
i've always been told to keep one yolk every three whites. Don't think this is scientific.

J.C.
10-30-2009, 09:13 AM
This thread is funny. Probably why the smart WBB members have dropped out of it by now.

I'm just going to chip in with an interesting tidbit about how much the issue has flip-flopped even in recent years.

About 40 years ago there was a very successful and famous advertising slogan in Great Britain of "go to work on an egg" that pushed eggs as a healthy and satisfying breakfast. A few years ago the British Egg Industry wanted to revive that campaign as a kind of 40 years anniversary and get the older generation feeling all nostalgic again, and they were actually banned from running it because the government deemed it irresponsible! The British Heart Foundation recommended only 3-4 eggs a week. Ridiculous.

A year or two ago, they finally repealed this advice and apologized to the egg industry. The American Heart Association has also removed specific reference to eggs in their dietary recommendations for heart health. The cholesterol issue has finally been proven and accepted as a myth! Its OK people! They're fine! Wouldn't surprise me if governments changed their minds again tho. It really surprise me how many people still think eggs are bad for them. I'm actually disappointed how many people in this thread are concerned.

Super Sub
11-02-2009, 12:51 PM
You should eat the whole egg. The yolk is actually the part which contains ther most nutrition. According to the Havard Medical School Guide to Healthy Eating:"No research has ever shown that people who eat more eggs have more heart attacks than people who eat few eggs".

activestack
11-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Eggs does help in diet sometimes. If the heat in your body is not increasing too much then i think it is safe for you to eat eggs for diet. Else you need to consult doctor and have to change egg and take them with some gap of few days.

bodyforum1
11-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Eggs are good for you but don't eat it every single day ,you can eat egg white's everyday which is good.

The yellow part are bad it makes your cholesterol go up 1 egg is about 70 Calories .

hardBODmiranda
11-14-2009, 08:00 PM
cool! i discovered this poll

poshbird
11-21-2009, 11:06 AM
I think it depends how your cooking your eggs aswell. If your having runny or hard boild eggs and your having them everyday then it might cause constipation, sorry if anyone is having there dinner right now hehe.
Its a saying "being Egg Bouned"

TallRob
11-21-2009, 11:44 PM
lol, 14 years old, and he gets frequent cholesterol check-ups!
you know what i was doing at 14?
throwing rocks at my neighbor and trying to skate in abandoned pools. Not thinking about cholesterol.

I remember back in college in 1994 when the Internet started. If you wanted to make a webpage you actually had to know how to type HTML code and all you had was text.doc to write it on. Boy, how times have changed.

james_w8lifter
11-26-2009, 03:40 PM
I hope they're good for you because I eat an assload of em

AllisonAnderson
11-27-2009, 04:28 AM
I think eggs are quite large constant. I use a pre-pasturized egg cartons, sold in every grocery store in the country. It's a little more expensive but does the preparation work also can be mixed directly with the site, remove or drink that does not bother me. :clap:

J Mac0123
11-27-2009, 11:30 AM
IM eating eggs as im reading this. The pole speaks for itself, eat em.

Titalis
12-01-2009, 11:44 AM
eggs, love emm'. i tire of the whole one year its good one years its bad thing. these brainiac scientists need to make a descision and stick with it =]

David Trantham
12-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Personally i eat 3 a day with cup of egg whites, i think they are good for you. If you can afford the omega-3 or free range they may be a little better, but honestly probably not a whole lot of difference

Skalami
12-09-2009, 03:15 PM
anyone have any easy recipes/ideas for spicing up hard boiled eggs?

Mercuryblade
12-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper is my favorite (much better tasting than regular table salt and pre-ground imo)

Hot sauce, either Sriracha or Louisiana.

Also, sliced hard boiled eggs, turkey, lettuce, and grey poupon on toasted whole wheat is amazing.

skinny99
12-10-2009, 03:30 PM

Dip them in ranch dressing! Works good!

Whuditdew
12-10-2009, 07:01 PM
1) Dietary cholesterol does not effect blood cholesterol.
2) Dietary fat is not equivalent to body fat.

Eggs are fine, eat them as a whole.

Mercuryblade
12-10-2009, 09:31 PM
1) Dietary cholesterol does not effect blood cholesterol.

This is not correct. It depends on the individual. Cholesterol is a substance the body naturally produces, and with some people, cutting back on dietary cholesterol will reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood, for others, cutting back dietary cholesterol will cause the body to just start producing more to compensate.

This was not fully understood until recently, hence, why there was so much back and forth on the egg debate.

Chris Parker
01-04-2010, 07:44 PM
there good for u keep eating them.

Editors009
01-11-2010, 02:42 AM
Two Reasons Why I consider Eggs are Good:
* Eggs are the Richest source of Proteins.
*Eggs are the best source in which white and Yellow Yolk are present and also it is the Vegetarian Food.

RossGers
01-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Eggs are good for you, Simple.

Mercuryblade
01-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Could you guys maybe at least try and read part of the thread before answering the question?

I already answered it.

It's not as simple as "eggs are good for you" or "eggs are bad for you."

robdacosta
05-02-2010, 02:11 PM
eggs have been very helpful in my diet, I have made up enough weight

robdacosta
05-03-2010, 06:28 PM
How many eggs is recommended to eat per day?
are best eaten raw or cooked?

Skalami
05-04-2010, 05:39 PM
ive read that raw offers no benefits over cooked and actually isnt as good, not to mention you could get sick. Ive read that frying eggs is best because it heats the egg up hotter then boiling which releases something within the egg making the protein a little more bio-available or something along those lines

i just boil em, my ma taught me a trick. Start boiling the eggs, when the water reaches a boil turn off the heat and cover the pot the water will still cook the eggs enough they'll be done in about 15-20minutes

Clayton
05-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Revive!!!! Bahahahahahahaha

aarenlainey
05-26-2010, 03:25 AM
Eggs are healthy and the yoke has vitamin B12, which is a nutrient that gives you energy and aids your nerves system. Eggs are a great source of protein and fat. But as eggs are high in cholesterol just don't overdo it cause nothing good when there's too much of it.

gelong
05-27-2010, 02:46 AM
Eggs are very good - however if i eat whole eggs my LDL cholesterol rises about 20 points; then that eating 3 or 4 eggs a day. Maybe as most doctors advise 2 eggs a week.

l

petervinsly
06-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Well its a depending upon the Every person choice of the food. But I like most to eat Egg in winter because its hiving a lots of protein and its very useful for us. I always to eat Egg after doing to gym exercise. I just to eat only 3 fry Egg.

Keith
06-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Well its a depending upon the Every person choice of the food. But I like most to eat Egg in winter because its hiving a lots of protein and its very useful for us. I always to eat Egg after doing to gym exercise. I just to eat only 3 fry Egg.

Is that make even sence?

JakeFurfaro
06-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Is that make even sence?

Haha

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
He didn't revive it. Someone else did when they voted in it...Perhaps you? :ninja:

Put away your ninja swords or the beat down is comin'. :evillaugh:

And no I didn't revive it with a vote. o_O

Is that make even sence?
Why no... no it doesn't.

f=ma
03-25-2011, 05:02 AM
egg whites were a staple of my PWO this fall. i vote good

krazylarry
03-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Eat them!

Off Road
03-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Seriously? John Cena is posting here? That is cool :)

killxswitch
03-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Crap this thread is old. And has a lot of bot posters.

Mark!
04-03-2011, 09:19 PM
REading through this I thought to myself, shit all of this stuff seems oddly familiar, then I noticed it was started a few years back. Nice.

borracho
04-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Crap this thread is old. And has a lot of bot posters.

I don't know which is more amazing, the amount of bot posts, or the fact people were replying to them. Oh, and also the fact this bitch is 10 years old ftw.

razorcut
04-14-2011, 03:32 PM
It depends on the individual. Cholesterol is a substance the body naturally produces, and with some people, cutting back on dietary cholesterol will reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood, for others, cutting back dietary cholesterol will cause the body to just start producing more to compensate..
This sums it up nicely.

Using Kettlebell and treadmills helps to loose fat.
Does it help on the tight fat too?

Patz
04-15-2011, 05:01 AM
Haha Tad. Good one!

Focused70
05-07-2011, 08:42 AM
If eggs are bad, I'm seriously screwed.

r2473
05-09-2011, 01:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZV8e199L6M&feature=youtu.be

1:10 and beyond

albert10
05-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I am in the habit of eating 3-6 eggs per day in the breakfast.I mostly fry the eggs and eat them.I try to eat them in RAW form but it looks like hell so I am just eating it after boiling it or frying it...

YoungNoble
05-22-2011, 02:53 PM
5 people are chickens.

Invain
05-22-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm pretty convinced eggs may be the single greatest food on the planet. Such a cheap source of protein, healthy fats, cholesterol, vitamins, minerals.....

Milk is a close second IMO to eggs.

I've been reading up on some research on Arachidonic Acid lately, stuff is real interesting; not surprisingly one of the few good sources of it is eggs.

ZAR-FIT
05-23-2011, 12:32 AM
I've been eating atleast 30 eggwhites a day for 2 years now. The liquid egg whites are such a great convenience. 15 egg whites, 4.5oz chicken, 10 oz sweet potato- cooked in a frying pan and eaten with some organic ketchup. A staple meal... try it out.

yayeti
06-27-2011, 10:37 PM
how do you know you had 15 if its liquid?

RAFAEL NADAL
06-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Excess of everything is bad but In general egg is a rich source of protein.There are few bad effects of health by eating eggs and they are all associated with excess.It is because of the unlimited benefits the Wrestlers used to eat as many RAW eggs as they can...

ZAR-FIT
06-28-2011, 01:32 AM
how do you know you had 15 if its liquid?

1 oz is equal to one eggwhite... 15-16 oz in a carton, therefore 15 eggwhites.