PDA

View Full Version : Getting my first squat suit

deeder
06-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to get some opinions. The guys that I train with sell and wear all the Metal gear. I have a Metal Viking Presser already and am getting some decent poundage out of it... I'm sure I'll get more when I learn to use it better...

Has anyone used a Metal Viking Squatter? I'll be using the IPF single ply... Any opinions on it? Likes, dislikes? What can I expect to get out of it?

TommyBoy
06-06-2007, 12:58 AM
I have the v-type squatter, best f****n' suit I've ever bought. Except I'm not so fat anymore, and I need a new one. I'm gonna get the viking v-type, in a smaller size of course. I'm also gonna get the presser as well. I know a few guys with the regular squatter, and they say it's awesome. Mine is the same, only for a wider stance (awesome for sumo pulls as well). The Viking material is stiffer like, say a canvas suit, so you get nice stopping power at the bottom; but you also get huge rebound because it's poly.

I say buy it. Metal gear is the best.

jtteg_x
06-06-2007, 04:25 AM
my metal ipf squatter will be here shortly. ill report back with results and feedback eventually.

deeder
06-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Tommy - It's on the way! The guys that I train with are (as far as I know) the only Canadian Metal dealer... I'd feel bad having them help me with gear if I wasn't using theirs. Plus I know a few people who really like it.

You say it's stiff like canvas.... Do you find that makes it hard to get to depth?

Guido
06-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Good show. I've heard nothing but good things about Metal stuff. Expensive, but worth it if you're going to be competing a lot.

deeder
06-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Good show. I've heard nothing but good things about Metal stuff. Expensive, but worth it if you're going to be competing a lot.

My shirt was expensive (190$+taxes) but surprisingly the squat suit is cheaper at 160$+tax.

If you're from Canada check these guys out:

http://www.adrenalinetraining.ca/gear.php

TommyBoy
06-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Tommy - It's on the way! The guys that I train with are (as far as I know) the only Canadian Metal dealer... I'd feel bad having them help me with gear if I wasn't using theirs. Plus I know a few people who really like it.

You say it's stiff like canvas.... Do you find that makes it hard to get to depth?
I didn't have much trouble. It was really stiff when I got it, but I used it with the straps up and relaly forced it down to the box, and eventually I found the groove and it was all good. It'll work for you, especially if you have some guys to help you with it.

Expensive, but worth it if you're going to be competing a lot.
I agree, it's not cheap at all; but it's worth the money.

Bomberman
06-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Good luck with it