PDA

View Full Version : UD2.0 could I...

Kaloriekiller
06-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey everyone, I'll give a little intro on myself first . my name is John and im 18 years young.
I ve been looking around this site for a while and been following some really good advice... would like to thank Built for the amazin info on the carb cycling diet, thats where it all started for me!
I weighed around 185 in feb and now, currently weigh 165 pounds and I'm around 5'8".

Now ive started the UD2.0 :nod: to get rid of the last bit of stubborn fat fom my chest and stomach area.

My question is : I started this diet on tuesday and as the carb load is therefore on friday night and all saturday... could i change the carb load to a later day?
...ie. could i continue with the diet and jus do another two carb depletion days, so ill get carb loading on sunday night and all monday? (this is because i'll be going out for dinner with friends and family and i know my carb intake will be sky high lol)
Is it possible to do this or will this have major effects ?

It will also mean that my carb load will be on the mondays thereafter aswell, so i would need to shift back a day too (wanna keep carb loading on fiday nights lol)

Hope this isnt too complicated!

phatmike
06-06-2007, 03:29 PM
If you do another two depletion workouts before the carb load, you are not going to make it. Not to mention I'm not sure how you are going to fiit the tension/power workouts in... Maybe I didn't quite understand how the schedule was going to be laid out...

In all honesty, what are your goals? The reason why I ask if because you are 18, 165 and 5'8". If one of your goals is to gain muscle and size, I would say forget the complicated diets for the sake of fat loss. I would say forget about fat loss period. The bottom line is that at your height and weight, you are not fat. You are at the age right now when you have prime opportunity for growth. Don't throw it away for the sake of getting shredded for a summer. I can almost guarantee that in 10 years you will be saying, "damn I wish I actually knew what I was doing when I was 18..."

If, of course, your goal is to not gain muscle size, then by all means go on a restrictive diet and "get shredded". But you need to have the discipline to follow through with the diet. Shift the carbload to meat your schedule...I wouldn't do a total of 4 depletion workouts between carbloads though. I would try to just eat at PSMF (or your low cal days) levels for the additional days that you are trying to extend the diet for.

Mr. D
06-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Yes you can delay the carb load 2 days.

There are variations of Ud2.0 for max fat loss which employ running low carb/low cal days for 2 more days.

Tuesday: depletion low cal/low carb
Wed: depletion low cal/low carb
Thur: cardio low cal/ low carb
Fri: cardio low cal/low carb
Sat: cardio low cal/ low carb
Sun AM to afternoon: low cal/low carb
Sun PM: Tension followed by carb load.
Mon: carb load
Tue: Power
Wed: rest (cardio optional for max fat loss)
Thurs: Start over as normal.

This is one way to can do it.

Blood&Iron
06-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Bodyrecomposition.com is genenrally the best place for questions on the UD2. Chances are Lyle (or someone else) has already answered/tried anything you might be curious about.

Kaloriekiller
06-06-2007, 07:18 PM
thanks for the help guys! :thumbup:
think ill do just tht Mr. D

Kaloriekiller
06-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Bodyrecomposition.com is genenrally the best place for questions on the UD2. Chances are Lyle (or someone else) has already answered/tried anything you might be curious about.

never noticed the forums section on the website
thanks bud

ddegroff
06-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Yes you can delay the carb load 2 days.

There are variations of Ud2.0 for max fat loss which employ running low carb/low cal days for 2 more days.

Tuesday: depletion low cal/low carb
Wed: depletion low cal/low carb
Thur: cardio low cal/ low carb
Fri: cardio low cal/low carb
Sat: cardio low cal/ low carb
Sun AM to afternoon: low cal/low carb
Sun PM: Tension followed by carb load.
Mon: carb load
Tue: Power
Wed: rest (cardio optional for max fat loss)
Thurs: Start over as normal.

This is one way to can do it.

Yeah this is exactly what they'll say over at Bodyrecomp.com. It's just harder this way.

Cirino83
06-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Starting UD2 Monday. Not looking forward to it.

Kaloriekiller
06-07-2007, 07:58 PM

Beleive me man this is a strict diet.... Two days depletion/low carb makes you feel real tired/drained but then you get to have that good mother of all carb feast :)
im looking forward to that....hopefully gain enough energy for the beasty power lift:evillaugh

wot would u guys say a good carb load should contain?
(would donuts be a good idea?....man i miss them :( or is it best to stay away from the saturated fats and keep them low? )

Mr. D
06-07-2007, 10:50 PM
I actually dont like the 7 day plan. I dont feel depleted enough for the carb load. I always extend it out a day or 2 or 3.

As far as carb loads go: regular pasta, potatos,milk, yogurt,white breads,homemade pancakes, and white rice.

Just watch out for fibre content and sugars.

Like lyle suggest keep fat at max to 50g. I try to keep it to around 30g. eat some junk food, just keep track of all the numbers.

Kaloriekiller
06-08-2007, 04:36 AM
I actually dont like the 7 day plan. I dont feel depleted enough for the carb load. I always extend it out a day or 2 or 3.

As far as carb loads go: regular pasta, potatos,milk, yogurt,white breads,homemade pancakes, and white rice.

Just watch out for fibre content and sugars.

Like lyle suggest keep fat at max to 50g. I try to keep it to around 30g. eat some junk food, just keep track of all the numbers.

:thumbup:

Unholy
06-08-2007, 09:38 AM

:withstupi