PDA

View Full Version : quick chalk question

Lones Green
06-07-2007, 12:34 AM
never used it before, don't know where to get it. can i just go to dicks and pick some up? im not sure if my gym allows it, its a bit of a globo gym type place, but i lift late at night so im not sure if anyone would see me...in case i were to get caught, could i use strongman stickum?

Clifford Gillmore
06-07-2007, 02:38 AM
Just use it and don't ever ask, I use to take mine in an ice cream container and no one complained.

Guido
06-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Go to someplace that sells rock climbing equipment (an outdoors store like REI or similar). They will have chalk. If your gym doesn't like the mess you can also get a thing called an Eco-Ball at the same place. It still works but is much less messy.

I agree about not asking if it's okay, though. Just use it till told otherwise (or be safe and just get the Eco-Ball).

TommyBoy
06-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Just go get some, use it, and spread it everywhere you lift in the gym; it's like marking your territory.

Sleepy Guy
06-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Mountain Equipment Co-op. Climbing chalk mess less mess and seems stickier. The chalk balls do the job well.

blackboard
06-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Mountain Equipment Co-op. Climbing chalk mess less mess and seems stickier. The chalk balls do the job well.

I just purchased some chalk from Mountain co-op today. Cost me 4 bucks.

tdotteg
06-07-2007, 10:09 PM
where is the closest mountain coop in toronto? I got my chalk from Dotmar in sauga.

woops sorry for hijacking the thread. but yeah if you know any rock climbing store, you'll find it there. I think crack is easier to find than chalk around here where i live :D

stepto180
06-07-2007, 10:28 PM
I have always ordered my chalk from 10.0 a gymnastic magazine...also a rosin bag can be used...

I always hated ****ty chalk that didnt stick so I always went with what I knew was good

Tofer
06-07-2007, 10:41 PM
I always just steal my chalk from people who leave it at the gym. Have you tried that?

blackboard
06-07-2007, 10:46 PM
where is the closest mountain coop in toronto? I got my chalk from Dotmar in sauga.

woops sorry for hijacking the thread. but yeah if you know any rock climbing store, you'll find it there. I think crack is easier to find than chalk around here where i live :D

King and peter

North
06-08-2007, 12:12 AM
I always just steal my chalk from people who leave it at the gym. Have you tried that?

I'd appreciate my chalk back:mad:

Lones Green
06-08-2007, 12:43 AM

no one uses it at my gym. i am the only person that does deads or squats at my gym. it is basically globo gym. and i would totally yank someones chalk if they left it there, haha.

Talking_God
06-08-2007, 12:47 AM
If you go to a globo type gym, I'd advise just getting an Eco-ball, less likely to set off a "serious lifter" alarm.

At my gym you can just walk behind the counter and grab the chalk from back there...I love my ghetto little gym :) There's actually some crazy strong powerlifters there..Kaz broke a world record in a group truck pull w/ some of the guys there

emjlr3
06-08-2007, 09:19 AM
I got mine at dicks for a few dollars, a big ol piece

just shoved it in a plastic bag, and grab a hold of it whenever I need some

deeder
06-08-2007, 10:29 AM

Just use crack on your hands... It might work :evillaugh

Keith
06-08-2007, 10:36 AM
I got a ton off bodybuilding.com. I couldn't find anything in Toronto except a place in Mississauga. But I'm glad I bought a ton of it because now I'm selling it at my store for 10x the amount I bought it for.

RedSpikeyThing
06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
I got a ton off bodybuilding.com. I couldn't find anything in Toronto except a place in Mississauga. But I'm glad I bought a ton of it because now I'm selling it at my store for 10x the amount I bought it for.

Dotmar?

Sidior
06-08-2007, 11:44 AM
You can find it at hikers haven as well eh.

Keith
06-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Dotmar?

Not sure of the name of the place but most likely. It was a rock climbing place. But ya I didn't want to take the drive down there so I just ordered a bunch from bodybuilding.com.

Keith
06-08-2007, 12:22 PM
You can find it at hikers haven as well eh.

Where is that?

Guido
06-08-2007, 02:13 PM
My father-in-law works for a school district, and he hooked me up with about 8 blocks of chalk for free! Must have stolen it from the gymnastics team. ;)

RedSpikeyThing
06-08-2007, 11:09 PM
My father-in-law works for a school district, and he hooked me up with about 8 blocks of chalk for free! Must have stolen it from the gymnastics team. ;)

That's what I did. :angel: shhhhh