Thanks for looking,
Sean

getfit
06-07-2007, 06:09 PM
lean!

Know time to EAT big to GET big!

Unholy
06-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Eat everything in site, and then find more food.

Sean W.
06-07-2007, 06:18 PM
at the beginning of sophomore year i weighed in at 116, now its the end of sophomore year and im up to 132 on a good day.

getfit
06-07-2007, 06:24 PM
at the beginning of sophomore year i weighed in at 116, now its the end of sophomore year and im up to 132 on a good day.

Keep going,Keep eating.

Unholy
06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
how tall are you, I think 100 more lbs would do you great!

Sean W.
06-07-2007, 06:38 PM
im 5' 6"...ish

Unholy
06-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Yea. Keep eating =P

Rock Steady
06-07-2007, 06:51 PM
I agree, eat up. That said, you look good for 16. When I was your age I wasn't nearly as big.

Sean W.
06-07-2007, 07:20 PM
eating dont seem to help me.....

eat eat literally non-stop, the only time i stop is during school and when im sleeping ( in less you want to get technical ) and i eat really healthy. i dont like chips and all that junk food. i would prefer milk over soda any day.

Unholy
06-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Um, www.fitday.com

Your not special, if you eat more calories then you burn you will gain weight, its how the universe works.

Sean W.
06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Im getting frustrated, im doing everything anyone who knows anything about gaining weight tells me to do, and i can little if any weight at all. as far as i can tell, the ONLY way i can gain weigh is by building muscle. So thats what im doing. I stay away from drugs, i dont drink, dont smoke, eat healthy and work out daily.
All my friends think im on roids, but im not. the only thing i do to help me build muscle apart from working out is i drink Cyto Gainer. which, half the time, my body just craps out anyway( in one hole out the other ).

KoolDrew
06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
eating dont seem to help me.....

eat eat literally non-stop, the only time i stop is during school and when im sleeping ( in less you want to get technical ) and i eat really healthy. i dont like chips and all that junk food. i would prefer milk over soda any day.

You may think you're eating enough, but if you're not gaining weight, you simply need to eat more. Tracking on fitday as Unholy suggested should help you better understand exactly how much you are eating and put things into a different perspective.

If you have trouble getting enough calories, check out the recipes section of the forum. Since it's easier to drink calories than it is to eat them whole, you could easily make a nice tasty shake with tons of calories. Since I started bulking I've been eating a lot more peanut butter and drinking a lot more milk.

Unholy
06-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Please take no offense to what I am about to say.

You do not look like you are on steroids. I would guess you were from a 3rd world country where they don't feed you before guessing you were on steroids.

www.fitday.com sign up and start tracking. Even though you think you are eating a lot. Its probably nothing compared to what you should be. Muscle doesn't grow without excess calories.

Sean W.
06-07-2007, 07:51 PM
No offense taken.

I signed up on that fitday thing, how do i use it?

Rock Steady
06-07-2007, 08:04 PM
No offense taken.

I signed up on that fitday thing, how do i use it?

When you sign in, it puts you to today's date. Find the foods you ate. Enter them. If they're not there, make a custom food. Done.

Mr. D
06-07-2007, 10:55 PM
And dont really need to work out everyday. Your body grows outside the gym.

Start drinking whole milk, eating PB by the spoonful, and eat lots in general.

Try to improve your lifts each week and youll gain mass.

Sean W.
06-15-2007, 01:16 AM
hey guys,

its been about a month now.... and i havnt gained an ounce, apart from joining a gym, i have done everything you guys have told me..... my mom has gone to the market 4 times in the last 2 weeks, where as usually she goes once a month. im eating like a mad man and not gaining ANY weight.....any thoughts?

Altephor
06-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Eat more.

Sean W.
06-15-2007, 01:22 AM
LOL, i dont think we can afford for me to eat more.....

Clifford Gillmore
06-15-2007, 03:25 AM
I think you can eat more. someone will chime in asking you too use fitday.com soon enough, or tell us exactly what you eat in a day - so do that :)

tomv
06-15-2007, 04:10 AM
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp PB, 3 cups Whole Milk, 3-4 scoops of Protein Powder, small amount of Oats and maybe even a scoop of ice cream because you appear to be such a hard gainer.
Maybe a Banana for flavour.

Blend it, Drink it.

Start suckin down those bad boys... 2 of them a day as well as regular food. Just a personal suggestion from what I saw work for a friend.

Cirino83
06-15-2007, 12:25 PM
hey guys,

its been about a month now.... and i havnt gained an ounce, apart from joining a gym, i have done everything you guys have told me..... my mom has gone to the market 4 times in the last 2 weeks, where as usually she goes once a month. im eating like a mad man and not gaining ANY weight.....any thoughts?

Link us to your fitday or list everything you eat on a daily basis so we can see where you need to go from here.

BigBossMan
06-15-2007, 01:52 PM
You keep saying that you are eating everything in sight but what you need to know is how many calories you are eating! You need to track on fitday your calories and if not gaining up them. You say that you are eating healthy if you are eating a whole bunch of veggies/carbs/protein they don't have alot of calories. Fat has close to twice the amount of calories as carbs/protein and it is real easy to up your daily caloric needs by putting some healthy fats in there. Healthy fats=olives/olive oil/raw nuts(almonds/peanuts)/conola oil/avacados/flax seed oil/safflower oil/corn oil/soybean/wheat germ oil. Just to name a few. Poly-unsaturated and mono-unsaturated is what you are after. You can also track your caloric expenditure(sp?) if you are doing alot of physical activities(basketball/football/running/swimming/working out for hours on end trying to gain weight) these obviously impede your efforts to up calories becuase they burn calories and cause you to need to eat even more. You need to become more american and sit on your ass and watch tv all day.....LOL

RedSpikeyThing
06-15-2007, 03:13 PM

You need to eat more to gain weight. If you can't afford it, then you are SOL.

Sean W.
06-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Alright, you guys caught me, i have not been tracking my intake on that fitday thing... ill do that this weekend , i promise, every crumb i put in my mouth over the weekend, and ill let you know how that goes... ill give you thre results on monday.

RedSpikeyThing
06-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Alright, you guys caught me, i have not been tracking my intake on that fitday thing... ill do that this weekend , i promise, every crumb i put in my mouth over the weekend, and ill let you know how that goes... ill give you thre results on monday.

make sure you're honest too. It's no good to estimate what you eat....measure everything. If you think it's a cup of milk, go get a measuring cup and check.

leafy2
06-15-2007, 05:58 PM
sol? sorry im sorta buzzed

HighSchoolGuy
06-15-2007, 06:07 PM
^^ ****. Outta. Luck.

SupRsmall
06-17-2007, 12:42 AM
try to get a meal in every 3 hours, even if you aren't hungry, and get atleast 130 grams of protein a day. Also make sure to eat a meal before bed, and try to get protein in right after you workout.

Dont overtrain and workout with a cycled routine.

HighSchoolGuy
06-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Someone get this man a cheeseburger! Stat!

sharkall2003
06-17-2007, 09:21 PM
I had problems gaining weight, then I went to Hardees and ordered the 2/3 Monster Burger with Chili Cheese Fries and a large soda. I put on weight so damn fast my eyes were spinning (not REM either).

G-Men
06-18-2007, 01:29 AM

Get a job at a fast food joint.

Bako Lifter
06-18-2007, 02:56 AM
It's a matter of WHAT you eat, not how MUCH you eat.

If you eat 5 pounds of vegetables and fruit, that's not good.

Eat a freakin cheeseburger dude. It's not gonna hurt you.

And start making some 1,000 calorie shakes. It's not that hard.

kique
06-18-2007, 08:40 AM
yea have urself 3 weight gainer shakes a day and add the rest of the foods to that and well see if u gain or not lol

ToughStuff
06-18-2007, 11:03 PM
eat anything you see in sight!

TheLion
06-19-2007, 10:58 AM
It's a matter of WHAT you eat, not how MUCH you eat.

If you eat 5 pounds of vegetables and fruit, that's not good.

Eat a freakin cheeseburger dude. It's not gonna hurt you.

And start making some 1,000 calorie shakes. It's not that hard.

i agree. man, when i was 16 i looked just like you, ate probably just like you, and never gained. not that i'm much bigger now, but i do see my errors already and have discovered how to gain. here's how to do it

eat the right things. look up some good foods to eat. talk to scarz of pain on this forum. he knows a lot. eat more meals a day. keep track of your calories. if you eat 4,000-4,500 calories a day, and get 2.5x your bodyweight in protein a day, you will gain. also, you need to REST! if you are active all day long and constantly running and chasing girls or whatever 16 yr olds do now, your not going to get any bigger. do a lot of compound exercises with low reps. dont do a tremendous amount of sets or reps, and then REST! you will have no choice but to gain.

Chubrock
06-19-2007, 11:37 AM
make sure you're honest too. It's no good to estimate what you eat....measure everything. If you think it's a cup of milk, go get a measuring cup and check.

There's no need to do this. You'll never be 100% certain of every bit of calories ingested or burned throughout the day. It just causes needless headaches.

North
06-20-2007, 11:30 PM
yeah i agree, we really only have like 3-4 different sized glasses I use and I know where either one cup or two cups is in those glasses, so if you can do that it might save you a little headache.

Guido
06-21-2007, 08:39 AM
But some unsalted peanuts and eat a cup per day. Drink AT LEAST half a gallon of 1% or 2% milk per day. All of this should be on top of what you're already eating. Come back in a few weeks and let us know if you still didn't gain weight.

BTW, what do you do for activity? Run a marathon every day? If you're running a lot, then stop. If you're lifting more than 4 days per week, then stop.

Sean W.
06-26-2007, 01:03 AM
i dont run at all. *** running.....
i swim alot now that its summer...
and during the season, i play volley ball.
every wenessday, i play football.....
pretty much a typical 16 y/o athleat

markfromaurora
06-27-2007, 07:37 PM
eating is what you need