PDA

View Full Version : Comments on my diet plan

Talking_God
06-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Hey guys, trying to get my diet back into shape after having just guestimated for the past couple weeks. Had to get a new fitday because i couldn't remember my old one, and didn't know which of my e-mails i used lol. Don't so much want comments on what i ate for today, but more about the macro breakdown. Any advice on what to change etc. would be great and i appreciate it in advance.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/gtpcrazy231/fitday6707.jpg

Mr. D
06-07-2007, 10:40 PM
what are your goals?

Mr. D
06-07-2007, 10:47 PM
If you are bulking...I would seriously consider dropping your protein to about 230g.

I would bring fat to about 100g.

I would then fill the rest with carbs.

Built
06-07-2007, 10:54 PM
I agree. A little more carb in there bud.

Talking_God
06-07-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm trying to stay relatively close to mainanence, just a little under, to try and get some strength and hopefully recomp a little. I had remembered reading a post by hatred saying if you have protein ~40% a good recomp will follow. I'll try getting in some more carbs, probably will get some good complex stuff in after my workouts, I'm not very good about that as of now.

Thanks for the replies guys, any other questions/comments that'll be able to help you to help me, feel free to ask, I tend to leave out important information in my original posts lol

Mr. D
06-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Add more veggies. 7g of fibre is horrendous.

Males should be getting around 30-40g of fibre a day.

Also, Hatred is well versed in the anabolic world and corresponding diet. Are you "assisted"?
Here is what I would I do:

230g protein
100g fat
295g carbs

Total of 3000 cals.

You can play around with that as you like. You are getting 1.5g/lbm of protein.

Or

You could go isocaloric (Dan Duchaine's brainchild):
250g protein
250g Carbs
111g Fat (1/3 sat, 2/3 unsat with majority mono)

Talking_God
06-08-2007, 12:39 AM
that 7g of fiber isn't all i received, I just didn't fill in all of the fiber for the custom foods, although today I'm sure I didn't quite get the full 30g necessary. And god no I'm not assissted..at 20-ish% bodyfat I'd probably be hunted down by some people on this board for being on lol. I may give the isocaloric diet a try.. I was (obviously) just afraid of getting too many carbs..although today it was a bit extreme lol. Thanks very much for the input Mr. D

Edit: Which vegetables have the most fiber? Hopefully brocolli..I have an assload of that stuff, and I certainly enjoy eating it.

Built
06-08-2007, 12:45 AM
What's the problem with carbs for you Talking God - are you insulin sensitive? Do they stimulate appetite and make you overeat?

Please get away from a ratio approach to diet. Think "macronutrient doses". It's more apt. Red diet link in my sig has more on this.

And yes, broccoli. Avocados have a little fibre too, and healthy fat.

Talking_God
06-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Do they stimulate appetite and make you overeat?

That would be the problem lol. I just the thread about why macro ratios don't work..But I believe I'm starting to understand better how I should be eating as far as what to eat & when to eat it.

deeder
06-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Holy low carb! I'd have no energy on that diet!

Mr. D
06-08-2007, 09:28 AM
I suggested isocaloric not as a ratio guide, but out of ease and I knew he would be getting his required macronutrient doses that way (and some).

Talking_God
06-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Holy low carb! I'd have no energy on that diet!

Yeah, I had my back/shoulder work this morning, and I feel like sleeping for about 9 days.

So far today though, i'm on track to hit that isocaloric diet pretty well, so we'll see how it goes.

Built
06-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Mr.D - isocaloric is a nice safe place to start for a lot of people for the reason you suggest - for most people, this will mean plenty of protein and sufficient fat. Very easy starting point from which to find your mix.

Talking_God
06-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Sounds perfect for me then, and I get plenty of carbs :drooling: Thanks for the help Built & Mr. D

Khar
06-09-2007, 05:37 AM
If you are bulking...I would seriously consider dropping your protein to about 230g.

I would bring fat to about 100g.

I would then fill the rest with carbs.

I agree, as a general rule keep fat around 30% of the diet, 1g prot per lb body weight and the rest good carbs. Remember to keep a decent amount of fiber in your diet or you WILL regret it :)

BigBossMan
06-11-2007, 08:53 AM
I am in no way an expert on anything but the saturated fats seem a bit high to me. I always try and keep my saturated fats below 10%

Beast
06-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Sounds perfect for me then, and I get plenty of carbs :drooling: Thanks for the help Built & Mr. D
Obviously you really like carbs. Don't ever carb starve. EVER.